A little disheartened....

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by JoKay, 25 April 2008 Social URL.

1. JoKay

JoKay Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi everyone

Had my second weigh in yesterday, after another week of nothing passing my lips except the shakes and gallons of water, I was gutted to have only a 2.25lb loss.

I think my CDC was a little surprised too, as she whipped out her measureing tape and to my delight I found I've lost 8.5inches all over, so that's something to celebrate!

Would love to hear your thoughts - this weight is going to come off, isn't it??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Nat

Nat Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    my goodness that;s loads of inches in two weeks, ive done it for 8 weeks so far and have lost 2st 5lbs and 12 inches in total, so your inch loss is phenominal, your weight loss will catch up, dont be disheartend, you are doing great, keep it up

4. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

yes the weight is going to come of. bet u will have a better loss next week. 2lbs is still good and look at all those inches wow

5. hotstuff

hotstuff Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    The body is a complex and frankly downright moody and wierd contraption! Everyone's is different and everyone loses at different rates. I often look at tickers of the people on here and see 14 and 16lbs on 1st wk, I lost 8 and while I was delighted I couldn't understand what made them so different.

Chin up, it will happen. Your body will do it it's own stroppy way so have patience with it. You are doing everthing right so keep it up. Maybe increase the water a little. Don't be tempted to weigh yourself mid-wk and see if you get a pleasant surprise next weigh in.

6. mhairi-lou

mhairi-lou Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    2lbs is good, I haven't been having great weight losses either but the inches are coming off. I have laready come down 2 dress sizes and lost 14.5 inches from my bust waist and hips.

Don't worry the weight will come off!!!

7. SO MUCH TO LOSE!

SO MUCH TO LOSE! Must do it this time

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st11lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9lb(28.73%)
    Diet:
    CD ss+
    Hey jokay,
    I too have only had small weight losses,but i`ve lost alot of inches in a couple of weeks(19.5)so dont get disheartened hun,it will come off,
    elaine x

8. JoKay

JoKay Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thank you all for your kind words and support - exactly what I needed!! Have realised that I'm mid cycle, so maybe that might be something to do with it - looking forward to TOTM to see a significant loss!!

Good luck to you all too! x

9. doubledumplings

doubledumplings Silver Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    arh hun dont be dishearten with weight loss it still good and ur weight loss is fab hun either why its coming off so dont be upset ull have a great weight loss next wk xx

10. spooky

spooky Banned

Lots of factors for a low loss!

Firstly it can be completely normal.
    Constipation can be an issue
    Time of the month!
    Water intake shortly before weigh in. I normally recommend that my clients stop drinking an hour or so before they come as a litre of water weighs over 2 pounds!

In any case, you catch it up, the average loss on the diet is a stone a month and you are well on your way to achieving that! :D

11. Loopy!

Loopy! Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS
    Don't worry, small weight loses often happen in the 2nd week apparently. It's just your body readjusting. Bet you'll have a fab loss next week!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.