A Little Miffed But.....

emski

Gold Member
Hi all

Well I did it... went back to group tonight.. all started well, my consultant was really pleased to see me back, said how great I looked etc etc etc.. anyhoo handed over my tenner stood in line and then the moment came. I kicked off my flip flops cos you know how much they weigh!!! And then it happened. The blinking scales showed 13 stone and 11 pounds. What? Eh? How? Flipping heck I thought (censored version) The scales at group showed me 7 pounds HEAVIER than the scales Ive been using for the last 8 weeks. I felt my heart sink and tears pricked my eyes . I really just wanted to pick up my bag and come home and eat crap. But I stayed for Image Therapy and told myself .. " Does it matter how many stones and lbs any scales say to me?"

Now the thing is I have lost a stone according to Boots scales and therefore I have still lost a stone!!

So now I am just going to count the pounds lost.. not look at the actual weight I am.

I wanted to lose 3 stone .. 1 down 2 to go.

I want to be in smaller sized clothes and look good naked. I am not going to be held back by the scales!!!

Thats the way to look at it Emski. As Taz said a bit ago we have to be careful not to get caught up in the numbers, so I see it as its how we look and feel that counts xxx

if you've weighed every week from the start on the same scaled then you've still lost a stone... you were just heavier than you previously thought. don't worry about it - you're doing really well, just keep on going.

Well done for staying positive...you are a stone off no matter how you look at it!:)

Well done you - for going to class, staying and planning a strategy for staying on track. I know how hard it has been for you, just imagine your Birthday Bash and how fab you are going to look on the night, it's all worthwhile in the end. The scales are just a number, your overall loss is what counts.

Don't beat yourself up over it, you've still lost a stone. The class scales always weigh 6 or 7 pounds heavier than 'normal' ones.

What Doughnut said! My class scales weigh me about 6lb heavier than my home ones. I use my home weight as my actual weight (because I'm naked and it's first thing in the morning and lighter!) but I use the class scales to keep track of how much I've lost in total, IYSWIM?

Although the nearer I get to goal I will probably revert to the class scales to decide where my target is rather than my scales.

I've got the same goals as you to feel good, wear smaller sizes and to look good naked and not have to hide myself when someone walks in!! And I too have decided not to go by the horrible numbers on the scales, just to concentrate on whats coming of and how good I feel and How good does it feel when you put on a pair of trousers you used to wear and they swim on you!!!! Remember that feeling and celebrate, youv'e done soooo well so far so keep up the good work, we're all here fighting this battle together XX

Well done for staying when what you really wanted to do was run, that is a really strong and possitive thing to do. As you say, the scales may read different weights but you still lost that stone. And Rainbow is right, it's too easy to get caught up in the numbers

Back