A long way to go!!

Huliahoop

Hi all,

I am 29 years old and want to lose 8 stone. I am 30 in July and altho I am unsure whether it's healthy or possible to lose that amount in under 8 months, I definitely want to give it my best shot.

I've been overweight for as long as I can remember and it is time for a change now. 30 is a bit of a milestone birthday for me so I need to stop putting it off!

I joined my local SW group 3 weeks ago and my 3rd weigh in is tomorrow. I've lost 8.5lb so far. I want to lose a stone by Xmas, so 5.5lb in 2 weeks.

I've done SW a few times before, on and off since I was 17, and have always come back to it because I know it works!

Wish me luck, hopefully tomorrow I will be posting a good loss!!

Jules xx

Hi

I'm also 30 next year and I have about the same amount to lose so I know how you're feeling as I too have always been overweight. I haven't started my diet yet. It was my Birthday yesterday and with Christmas coming up I've used both as an excuse to put it off till 1st Jan (I'm a little scared, I have to admit as it's not just about a diet, it's about a whole lifestyle change and retraining yourself). I've been honest with my family and asked for their support which I have never done before so I am hoping that with them on board, I'll have more of a chance to retain my 100% commitment that I want to start my diet with in Jan.

Good luck on your journey hun and let us know how you get on tomorrow x

Welcome and good luck! Sw is great and I'm sure you will do well for your birthday. I am 30 in April 2013 so that is my goal date I want to lose about another 12 stone eek! Still got a chunk off already and I'm going for it. We can all spur each other on! X

Welcome and good luck! Sw is great and I'm sure you will do well for your birthday. I am 30 in April 2013 so that is my goal date I want to lose about another 12 stone eek! Still got a chunk off already and I'm going for it. We can all spur each other on! X

WOW :eek:... looking at your stats and your signature, you've done amazingly well! Congratulations, that's certainly something to be proud of! I just hope that one day my MiniMins profile will reflect such a good effort :D

PhatAss said:
WOW :eek:... looking at your stats and your signature, you've done amazingly well! Congratulations, that's certainly something to be proud of! I just hope that one day my MiniMins profile will reflect such a good effort :D

It's been a hell of a journey and the last year not achieved as much as I hoped, but finding minimins and starting a diary and keeping going has been the best thing. I am hoping this year things will move a bit quicker :) my own worst enemy is myself and I am slowly working out how to not let food be the answer for any emotional issue and to not let a bad meal or snack turn into a bad week.

Good luck in your journey!!! X x

Same to you too honey... keep me posted on how you get on :) x

Thanks all, I seem to have a totally different attitude this time so fingers crossed I will be fitting into a nice size 12 in July!

I'm lucky as friends and family are very supportive. My housemate is cooking recipes with me and my best friend is also using the sw plan so that's all a real help!

I'm aiming for 2 stone by feb so that should make a huge diff hopefully :) xxx

Good luck, I'm sure you'll do great x

Huliahoop said:
Thanks all, I seem to have a totally different attitude this time so fingers crossed I will be fitting into a nice size 12 in July!

I'm lucky as friends and family are very supportive. My housemate is cooking recipes with me and my best friend is also using the sw plan so that's all a real help!

I'm aiming for 2 stone by feb so that should make a huge diff hopefully :) xxx

I'm aiming for 2 stone from Jan to March, there is a new team in the sw teams section you could join if you haven't already to keep you motivated in the new year x

Thanks!! Now I just need to figure out how to use this app properly. Weight loss is going well so far, lost a stone over 4 weigh ins and altho I have put 2lb on over Xmas I am happy as I went totally off the wagon. Back on again now and feel so much more in control - always feel out of control when I'm not doing diarys and sticking to it.

Also happy as I got slimmer of the week for 3 wks running and slimmer of the month today so I am pretty happy with that!! My books very sparkly now :) xx

Hello all! Hope Christmas has been good :) my wi is not until Monday hoping I can get back on the wagon before then!

What are you trying to do on the app? If you are trying to message someone it could be that you don't have enough posts, I think you need 50. You should be able to search all forums and post pretty easily. I love the app! I use it more than the site.

This will be our year I can tell, lots to lose but were gonna do it :) x x x

Huliahoop said:
So are posts any message/reply or is it new posts?

Feeling so motivated, 2012 is OUR year!!!! X

Any post you write including replies :) I remember thinking I would never get to 50 but now I can't believe how many posts I have made! The more you get stuck in on the board the more support you feel I Thu k because you keep yourself focussed.

This is our year for sure - we are gonna be sooooo hot lol :) x

How can I tell when I reach 50? Could comment all day long so shouldn't take too long!! I want to be able to walk into River island, pick up a pair of skinny jeans and a little top or something and know I can fit in them!!! X

Huliahoop said:
How can I tell when I reach 50? Could comment all day long so shouldn't take too long!! I want to be able to walk into River island, pick up a pair of skinny jeans and a little top or something and know I can fit in them!!! X

It will happen I'm sure :) I have 12 more stone to lose so may not manage it all this year but going to be as focussed as possible and do my best to get a lot off. I have really struggled with emotional eating and so my loss so far has taken time but really feel I can achieve more this year and I have more control :)

If you are on android app then you should see number of posts by your name and profile pic, if it is the Apple app then touch your profile picture sqaure and it will tell you. I have both and android phone and the app on the ipod touch :) love it sooo much!

I have an iPhone, when I touch profile it says access denied, maybe keep posting and hope it changes soon.

I have (not including what I've lost) about 8 stone now. Long way but its little bits at a time I think x

25 posts I think

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back