A long way to go

I have got two days till my WI (on Monday) and that will be the end of week 3.
I'm still full of cold and have got a chest infection, which I'm sick of. Usually when I'm poorly I want comfort food but I have managed to stick to SS+!
The only problem I'm having at the moment is that my chocolate tetras taste horrible! I'm hoping it's cos of my cold because if it's not I've got a long way to go not enjoying my shakes. I hope everyone else is doing well and hope you all have lovely weekends :D xxx

MissyE78 said:
I have got two days till my WI (on Monday) and that will be the end of week 3.
I'm still full of cold and have got a chest infection, which I'm sick of. Usually when I'm poorly I want comfort food but I have managed to stick to SS+!
The only problem I'm having at the moment is that my chocolate tetras taste horrible! I'm hoping it's cos of my cold because if it's not I've got a long way to go not enjoying my shakes. I hope everyone else is doing well and hope you all have lovely weekends :D xxx

Morning :) well done for sticking at it!
Hope you feel better soon, tetras nit that tasty but they do the job xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Zest for Life said:

Thank you! I'm not good at being ill. I feel like its a waste of time lol. I get really frustrated. Hopefully I'm over the worst of it now. I hope you are having a good week xxx

Zest for Life said:

IMG I live the choc tetra!!!!! And mint / peanut crunch!!!

Maybe you could try some different packs if your taste buds r changing?

Good luck for your weigh in, mine is Monday too.

WillpowerWoman said:
IMG I live the choc tetra!!!!! And mint / peanut crunch!!!

Maybe you could try some different packs if your taste buds r changing?

Good luck for your weigh in, mine is Monday too.

I usually love the chocolate tetras and that is all I usually have. I'm hoping once my cold clears up that I will love them again.
I'll look forward to hearing how you've got on Monday. My WI is at 10.00am! :)

MissyE78 said:
I usually love the chocolate tetras and that is all I usually have. I'm hoping once my cold clears up that I will love them again.
I'll look forward to hearing how you've got on Monday. My WI is at 10.00am! :)

Ooh your first mine is 11;30am

I know I couldn't do this diet without the choc tetras not just cos there yummy but cos there handy for me to carry around with my crazy hectic lifestyle ;)

I'm sure your taste buds will be back to normal when u r over your cold :)

Morning everyone.
I'm finally starting to feel better after being ill all week.
I have got the offer of going out for a drink and lunch today with all the girlies and I don't know what to do?
The place they are going to does a chicken salad so I could have that but the girlies are all skinny and I know they will be questioning me as to why I'm on the diet and try and persuade me to have something else off the menu.
Not sure if I am well enough to fight my corner - if that makes sense lol :) xxx

MissyE78 said:
Morning everyone.
I'm finally starting to feel better after being ill all week.
I have got the offer of going out for a drink and lunch today with all the girlies and I don't know what to do?
The place they are going to does a chicken salad so I could have that but the girlies are all skinny and I know they will be questioning me as to why I'm on the diet and try and persuade me to have something else off the menu.
Not sure if I am well enough to fight my corner - if that makes sense lol :) xxx

Hi

Could say u r feeling poorly and fancy something plain?

I'm just lying in bed trying to get the energy to get up and get ready for work.
Just wanted to blow my own trumpet and tell people how pleased I am with myself.
Yesterday was my Aunts birthday so we went out for a meal to a carvery. I was good and just had some turkey and broccoli, while everyone else was tucking into yorkie puds, roasters, stuffing etc. then everyone, including my 2 year old had puddings and I stayed strong and stuck to plan. Really pleased with myself for making it through my 1st meal out since starting CD :D xxx

Morning!! Hope your feeling better today?

Well done for having so much will power!!! I'm afraid I've faltered over the weekend and now out of ketosis. Really annoyed with myself but never mind. Off to sainsbury's shortly to but a load of sparkling water to flush the potatoes and pop corn I've had out ha ha.

I have got 9 - 10 stone to loose to so I know how you feel. I'm not thinking of that though at the moment, I'm aiming to be in a size 16 as my first goal then I will contend with the last bit. I think it helps to have mini goals!!! xx

WillpowerWoman said:
Hi

Hi.. I have the same dilemma. Friends are coming to our house next weekend and my husband is cooking. I don't want to tell them I'm on CD so think I'll have to say I've been ill so I can sip water and joke about his cooking. They are new friends from work so still not close friends yet.
Good luck with it.. It's not worth coming out of K for one night. (tats what I think at the mo but I'm only day 3!) x

Why would you go for a meal with a bad chest infection? You need to get yourself better first. Bit harsh, but what type of friends try to get you to eat other stuff off the menu when you are dangerously overweight????
You should maybe go, if you trust yourself?! If your well enough? And if your strong enough to tell your friends no, I'm having salad. Be careful though, chicken salad knocked me out ketosis Friday, must have been the dressing on it. Xxx

WillpowerWoman said:
Hi

That's a good idea. I'm going with my sister in law that has done CD before so she is very supportive :)

katie79 said:
Morning!! Hope your feeling better today?

Well done for having so much will power!!! I'm afraid I've faltered over the weekend and now out of ketosis. Really annoyed with myself but never mind. Off to sainsbury's shortly to but a load of sparkling water to flush the potatoes and pop corn I've had out ha ha.

I have got 9 - 10 stone to loose to so I know how you feel. I'm not thinking of that though at the moment, I'm aiming to be in a size 16 as my first goal then I will contend with the last bit. I think it helps to have mini goals!!! xx

Hi Katie
It is nice to know that there are other people who have as much to lose as me. I'm taking it a week at a time because if I think about how much I have to lose it gets a bit overwhelming.
Even though you have had a blip I admire you for getting straight back on it and I am always here if you want to talk or need support xxxx

MissyE78 said:
That's a good idea. I'm going with my sister in law that has done CD before so she is very supportive :)

It's much easier if u know u have at least one person there who 'gets it'

Zest for Life said:
Why would you go for a meal with a bad chest infection? You need to get yourself better first. Bit harsh, but what type of friends try to get you to eat other stuff off the menu when you are dangerously overweight????
You should maybe go, if you trust yourself?! If your well enough? And if your strong enough to tell your friends no, I'm having salad. Be careful though, chicken salad knocked me out ketosis Friday, must have been the dressing on it. Xxx

I'm finally starting to feel better and it's a once a month thing.
I'm going with my sister in law who had done CD before so is very supportive but the others are her friends and family so they don't really understand. I think unless you have battled with your weight you don't understand people that do.
I have the willpower to stick to CD but I don't want to cause an atmosphere because of it. I could be worrying about nothing.
Thank you for your advice xx

MissyE78 said:
I'm going with my sister in law who had done CD before so is very supportive but the others are her friends and family so they don't really understand. I think unless you have battled with your weight you don't understand people that do.
I have the willpower to stick to CD but I don't want to cause an atmosphere because of it. I could be worrying about nothing.

Completely agree with that people that gave always been slim just don't get it!!! My bf's one of those, he's supportive but he doesn't get it.

MissyE78 said:

That's ok hun, thought you might take it the wrong way.
Just ask for no dressing, that caught me out big time! I've been starving all weekend!!! Have a nice time :) xxx

Zest for Life said:
That's ok hun, thought you might take it the wrong way.
Just ask for no dressing, that caught me out big time! I've been starving all weekend!!! Have a nice time :) xxx

Oh and glad your feeling better :) x

Zest for Life said:
Oh and glad your feeling better :) x

Of course I wouldn't take it the wrong way. I'm always grateful for advice and I know that everyone on this site is on my side and knows what it's like.
I will definitely ask for it without dressing - thank you.
I hope you have a good Sunday :) xxx

MissyE78 said:
Of course I wouldn't take it the wrong way. I'm always grateful for advice and I know that everyone on this site is on my side and knows what it's like.
I will definitely ask for it without dressing - thank you.
I hope you have a good Sunday :) xxx

;) have a good day :) xxx

Back