A Moan....(sorry...long)

Just to add my view to the already fantastic advice.....I am really beginning to view 'mini-targets' as the enemy.

It seems that increasingly on here people get despondant because they haven't quite got to where they want by a specific date. I really think there is a danger to putting ANY kind of pressure on regarding losing weight. I would be very tempted to ditch targets of any sort and just do it in your own time, whatever that may be. I feel that so many times on here people have given themselves unnecessary pressure and there are only 2 outcomes from this pressure: You either achieve what you set out to do and feel like you have ticked a box OR you don't get there and feel really bad. Neither of these feelings is particularly inspiring or helpful. Maybe just aim at losing, at your own body's rate (which is NOT a machine) and enjoy every loss when you are lucky enough to get one?

Hope you feel better soon and am sending you lots of hugs to try and cheer you up ((((((((hugs))))))))

xxxx

I really agree with cocktailprincess. I yo-yo'ed for years, always setting myself targets and getting disheartened when I hadn't hit them. I was a slave to the scales and it was pathetic just how the numbers could dictate my whole mood for the day! I think I only started to make progress when I decided I was in it for long as it took, targets be damned, and I got rid of the scales for the first year of losing weight!

You've lost a phenomenal amount and you're looking absolutely gorgeous. It'd be the height of nuttiness to let those stupid scales make you feel down when you have so many reasons to feel good! Stick on a gorgeous dress and strut your stuff and enjoy that slimness. Ever considered that the 2lbs may have gone on the right places?! ;)

Very true both of you! I'm definitely getting rid of scales this week and will only weigh in class! xxx

and lady it may be ONLY half a pound as you put it but it half off which is in the right direction be proud

Just to add my view to the already fantastic advice.....I am really beginning to view 'mini-targets' as the enemy.

It seems that increasingly on here people get despondant because they haven't quite got to where they want by a specific date. I really think there is a danger to putting ANY kind of pressure on regarding losing weight. I would be very tempted to ditch targets of any sort and just do it in your own time, whatever that may be. I feel that so many times on here people have given themselves unnecessary pressure and there are only 2 outcomes from this pressure: You either achieve what you set out to do and feel like you have ticked a box OR you don't get there and feel really bad. Neither of these feelings is particularly inspiring or helpful. Maybe just aim at losing, at your own body's rate (which is NOT a machine) and enjoy every loss when you are lucky enough to get one?

Hope you feel better soon and am sending you lots of hugs to try and cheer you up ((((((((hugs))))))))

xxxx

I tried to rep you for this but have to spread it around a bit.
I need to relax a bit and stop putting pressure on myself and remember I am not as heavy as I was a year ago and that is an achievement in itself.

I tried to rep you for this but have to spread it around a bit.
I need to relax a bit and stop putting pressure on myself and remember I am not as heavy as I was a year ago and that is an achievement in itself.
Thanks mate- completely agree- the less pressure, the more likely the success AND you are not just lighter than last year, you are no heavier which you may have been without all your tremendouse effort!
x

:grouphugg:hugs to you babes, really pleased you feel better for getting it off ya chest. Everyone has already said it but just in case you forget

STAY OFF THE SCALES
:scale:

Now go away, behave and enjoy yourself. Hope you have a great weigh in xxxxx

hi stacey i know exactly how you feel i experienced the same thing . On tue i weighed my self in morn and it put me in bad mood the rest of the day but wi was not as bad as i thought it was going to be. . stick with it as what you have lost is fab xxx

Hugs to you honey. xxxxx

Aww thanks again ladies! I actually lost 0.5lb this week so it wasn't so bad!

Have not got rid of scales yet BUT I'm staying off them this week and they're being moved to the garage. My C gave me a lift home and was threatening taking them off me!!

Back