A new me

Tinkerbelle888

Hello all, my name is Anna and I joined this forum as everyone seems so lovely and encouraging! :)
I've struggled with my weight all my life.
I lost four stone for my wedding six years ago but due to being menopausal and bad habits creeping in I gained it all back.
I decided that twenty eleven was going to be the year of healthy eating for me ( as opposed to year of the rabbit. ;))
In January I formed a walking club for family members and we walk once a week for an hour, briskly, usually covering about 2 1/2 miles. I enjoyed it so much I decided to keep going and I walk briskly every night after work for 30 minutes.
I went to see my gp and she has agreed to weigh me monthly.
I've lost half a stone so far.
She did tell me it's 10 times harder to lose weight at 54 than at 44 :(, but I am committed to being a healthier girl at the end of this year.
I've a long way to go!
Here's to health!
* Clinks glass*
Anna
x

<raises glass of sugar free squash> ;)

Well done on your half a stone, onwards and [STRIKE]up[/STRIKE] downwards :D

Thanks Maisie! I'm am trying hard and feel so much better for getting the 7 lbs off, but low fat foods ain't that nice, simple as lol.
However the feeling of looser clothes is....
:cool:

hi tinkerbelle888 welcome to minimins i am about the same age as u and i thought i would have a lot of trouble losing the weight but have found if i stick to plan properly it does come off, are u following any particulat diet? good luck losing the lbs x

Hi Valerie,
no particular diet, just eating as healthily as I can under the supervision of my doctor.
I am the biggest junk food eater in creation! I love Chinese, crisps, sausage rolls, if it's high in fat I love it lol! However I was ill before Christmas and I got to thinking about how I really needed to make changes in the new year. There's a history of heart disease in our family ( no wonder, the serial eating we do :D ) so I decided to take things in hand.
A typical day for me ( foodwise ) would be
Breakfast : Cereal and coffee
Break Cereal
Lunch: boxed salad that I make myself with all the usual ingredients, lettuce, toms, pickles, lean ham, pine nuts, edam cheese.
I also have a bag of low fat crisps or snack a jacks as I crave crisps so much.
Dinner will be whatever I cook for the family, but I've really cut back on red meat and we eat a lot more chicken and pork now.
I've started walking five nights a week and at the weekend I allow myself some treats, Wine, and even a takeaway!
Otherwise I would go crazy lol :)
Love
Anna
xxx

Oh and Valerie
a typical days eating for me before would have been
Breakfast
None
Break
Sausages ( 2) in a roll with TWO pats of real butter
Lunch Sandwiches and chocolate and crisps
Dinner Takeaways or red meat dishes
Supper wine, crisps, peanuts and chocolate!
It's a wonder I got out the door lol x

Oh and Valerie
a typical days eating for me before would have been
Breakfast
None
Break
Sausages ( 2) in a roll with TWO pats of real butter
Lunch Sandwiches and chocolate and crisps
Dinner Takeaways or red meat dishes
Supper wine, crisps, peanuts and chocolate!
It's a wonder I got out the door lol x

hi anna quite a healthy diet u had b4 then lol sounds a bit like my old way of eating mind u it doesn't take much for me to slip up and go back to it :eek: but as long as i keep coming back thats the main thing xx

Back