a reminder for myself and ne1 else about how to make the best sw chips

juicygooseface

♥juicy♥
this is a reminder for me or anybody else about how to make the best slimming world chips..

Serves: 4
Prep time:
Cook time:
Syns per serving:
bullet-amazing-support.gif
FREE
bullet-root.gif
bullet-healthy-eating.gif
FREE

ingredients

908g/2lb medium sized Maris Piper potatoes
Fry Light spray
crushed sea salt and malt vinegar

method

1. Preheat the oven to 240°C/Gas 9. Peel the potatoes using a potato peeler and remove any blemishes or 'eyes'. Slice lengthwise into approx ½in/1cm thick rectangular chips.

2. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the chips and cook for 4 minutes. Drain and leave aside for 10 minutes to dry.

3. Return the chips to the dry saucepan, cover with a lid and shake to ''rough up'' the edges of the chips - this roughness is important to the texture of the chips.

4. Spray a metal baking tray with Fry Light. Transfer the chips to the tray, spray lightly with Fry Light and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden brown on all sides.
Drain them on absorbent kitchen paper and serve with salt and vinegar.

this is the best way 2 make them and its from sw online, i find this really does make them perfect if u follow the recipe exactly :) xxxx

No matter what I do my chips go soggy and I can't get them evenly brown - just soggy black, Argh!

I do them like this and they are lovely, only difference is I used Vivaldi potatoes. So nice taste just like chippy chips :)

Due to forgetting to leave enough time to boil & let them dry once, I now prefer mine sliced, sprayed, spiced & cooked without the boiling bit. Every bit as nice & never a hint of soggyness. Mmmm.

Due to forgetting to leave enough time to boil & let them dry once, I now prefer mine sliced, sprayed, spiced & cooked without the boiling bit. Every bit as nice & never a hint of soggyness. Mmmm.

Yep I agree. It was recommended to me that I follow this method and I've never looked back. They are so much better if you don't boil them first, plus it's a lot less hassle :D

I love sw chips, my 5 year old is a very fussy eater and he loves these too! He prefers them to 'proper' oven chips! I've always boiled them first and had great results but might try it not boiling just to see if it makes a difference x

i do find this the best way, but i will have to try not par boiling them sometime to see the differnece, doesnt it take longer? cos wen i do wedges they hav to cook for like 45 mins? i always use salt and vinegar mmmm but will have to try some spices on them one time too. i was also thinkin the other day i could have cheesy chips with my hexa that wud be goood xxx

No matter what I do my chips go soggy and I can't get them evenly brown - just soggy black, Argh!

when u leave them to dry after boiling them, leave them in the pan an make sure theyre really dry befor u put them on the baking tray, if this doesnt work u can try the other way ppl seem 2 do them :) xxx

Another tip is to microwave the cut chips for 4 mins then bake- won't take as long and nor as much hassle as par boiling and it guarantees a soft centre which sometimes I couldn't get just putting them in the oven.

that sounds like a good idea :) do u still shake them up? xxx

No I just put them straight onto a hot tray which I have sprayed with fry light and move them around to coat them and add and spices etc this method has never failed me and is much much quicker!!

I LOVE the SW chips but it did take a few attempts to get them perfect. I find if I cut them a bit chunkier and preheat the baking tray in the oven, they always come out crispy and as nice as 'normal' chips.

thanks for everyones variations, im gona try sum new ways now :D xxx

We always salt ours before spraying with frylight and baking. Makes them very tasty.

Back