a sign that things are changing???

loolahoop

Silver Member
i had my 4th child in April last year, then 5 months later got married then 3 months later moved home, so i kinda got in bad habits with eating and being so busy not being bothered to cook and getting kie 4/5 takeouts a week!! not to mention the bloody cost!!
anyway since starting SW 3 months ago i have not had a takeaway and tbh some nights ive really craved one but resisted. well yesterday it was my husbands birthday, and as it was his bday i said we could get a takeaway of his choice so he chose pizza, n tbh i was soooooo looking forward to it! anyway this really greasy cheesyy bbq chicken pizza turns up and garlic bread with cheese n i was thinking ommg dont even wanan think about how many syns are in this, but its hubbys birthday im just gonna enjoy it then back on plan tomorrow! sat down to eat it, started eating it and actually wasnt enjoying it!! :O it was so greasy! and tasteless and salty!! and the garlic bread too just not great!
there was nothing actually worng with it n hubby really enjiyed it but i only ate 1/2 a slice of pizza and 1 bite of garlic bread n really just wanted some healthy tasty meal!
is this a sign that things are changing?! that mmy body no longer wants to eat rubbish?! or am i ill? lol am really pleased today tho, as yeh i probably went over my syns with teh 1/2 slice of pizza but it was only 1/2 slice! in times past i would have eaten the whole thing!! so am feeling quite triumphant this morning! :) xxx

Last edited:
Well done :)

I think its def a sign of your tastes changing. It's funny isn't it, how things which we used to love we eat now and just think, bleh why did I used to eat this

Happened to me last weekend, I had a date night with OH and we ordered a chinese and opened a bottle of wine. I only ate maybe 1/3 of my plate, when I usually love a chinese, and only drank maybe half the bottle, when I could easily scoff both the food and drink in less than an hour lol
I know I still went over, but it could have been worse. I think it's a mentality where we know it's not worth it.

That's brilliant! I've lost my taste for pizza too but didn't want to eat any future in case it made me want to eat a whole 20 inch one like I used to. Reading your post I think I'll be OK!

it was so strange! lol i cant believe i wanted something healthy instead!!
lol hurleymurley im scared to eat a biscuit (my downfall!) coz i really dont think i could eat jut 1 or 2, it would have to be the whole pack! so i just avoid them altogether! Lol xXx

I was the same with chocolate, I bought five Freddos a few weeks ago, and somehow two are still in the fridge. I do keep my treats in the garage though so I don't see them all the time. Maybe that helps!

Yeah this is true for me too, now notice that everything 'bad' seems to be greasy!
It's a good thing though that our minds are now thinking like that.
Pizza is the worst, closely followed by watching my husband literally slice butter onto his toast!

Apparition said:
I am not following a plan at the moment, but I used to love pizza now when I see my brother eat a WHOLE pizza to himself. I think that I used to be like that and I cant even stand the taste of it now too!

Snap! I actually cringe when I see what my sister eats. Granted I didn't eat as much as her to start but I wasn't far off. It grosses me out and I comment on it constantly which I know is totally rude and I shouldn't but I literally can't help myself.

I've found I haven't got a taste for the stuff I used to eat anymore. I did crave it when I first started SW but then if I ate pizza or something I would feel really rubbish afterwards.
Now I find myself craving salad and fruit...very unlike me lol!

Apparition said:
Jenna, I see my brother only like 2 or 3 times a week and he has a lot of junk to eat and he is like stick and I am older than him. I am so jealous that he can eat what he wants without putting on weight! :(

Omg majorly annoying. My sister is probably around 15 stone and is probably 'morbidly obese' due to her height but she doesn't seem to care which drives me to distraction!

Omg majorly annoying. My sister is probably around 15 stone and is probably 'morbidly obese' due to her height but she doesn't seem to care which drives me to distraction!
MY husband is like that!! he is obese by BMI but he doesnt care!! he eats SW meals as thats what i cook, but obviously i cant control what he eats when he not at home! and tbh i dont care about his weight thats not an issue, but it cant be healthy!!
like when we had pizza the other night he ate the whole 15" pizza to himself (except the 1/2 slice i had) then the 10" garlic bread and cheese too! then a whole banoffee pie (which was made with 1/2 a pack of digestives, 3bananas, 2 tims of condensed milk, 200g of choc and 300ml of double cream!! (this was his "birthdaycake" ) i dont know how he physically does it! but then again i used to n thats y im where i am now! lol just couldnt imagine it anymore!
and my sisters are comin up this weekend n they wanted take away too, but i have talked em into lettin me make em chicken kebabs! they are the annoying size 8-10 but eat what the hell they like n not gain an oz type!! grrrr!! n i was always the fat ugly one! :'( haha not for long!! lol xXx

Yes, and loolahaoop, despite your sisters being size 8-10 sometimes slim isn't healthy, at least you know what you're eating keeps you healthy

A few weeks ago I went for a meal out with friends and the kids.. got there and thought you know what Ive not had a chip for weeks and weeks.. ordered burger and chips as a treat and didnt even eat half before I had to stop with indigestion and it just tasted so BLAND! Yayy for changing tastebuds :) x

Same here.

Sweet stuff was always my downfall and it was really hard at first to cut it out. But when I did get the chance to indulge at a family do with lots of deserts I didn't enjoy it as much and found them tooth achingly sweet.

I do think some food has addictive qualities and that we build up a tollerance to a lot of junk/sweet stuff. Once you get over the withdrawal cravings and get used to a better diet it can be eye opening when you try that stuff again.

Back