A story to inspire you?

Leapfrog

Champion actifryer
I thought I'd share my weight loss story with you all. I hope it might inspire anyone who is feeling down at the start of their journey.

Towards the end of last year, my husband of nearly 10 years (15 years together in total) left me for a woman he had met just twice. I was distraught. He was my soul mate and best friend. I was morally and physically at an all-time low. I weighed 84 kilos (185lbs) - I am only 5 feet 3. Our cats had a flea problem and I was covered in itchy bites. We live in rural France and I was left feeling isolated and lonely, as well as ugly and fat.

I had always thought I was a comfort eater, but in the month after he left, I could barely eat and lost 10 kilos (22 lbs) in 4 weeks on what I called the "Infidelity Diet" lol. As I wasn't eating much, I didn't even fancy a glass of my favourite red wine!

I plucked up courage and joined a French online dating site. I had a few dates with some really nice, intelligent, interesting French men, but my heart wasn't in it and I couldn't be bothered taking anything any further. Despite everything he had put me through, I still wanted my husband back. My friends were terrific, pointing out that I shouldn't want him back as he'd only do it again and again (it wasn't his first act of infidelity). I was still in denial though and thought, given the chance, we could patch things up.

Then, a month after my husband left, I started chatting online with G, still through the dating site. Within a few days of exchanging emails and chatting with G, my life changed. I realised that I had been to rock bottom and was on my way back up. My husband would never hurt me again, because I wasn't going to let him.

G and I met for the first time a couple of weeks later and got on really well, although from my point of view there was no physical attraction, which was a disappointment. We carried on chatting online, but his family commitments meant we couldn't meet up again. I had decided to treat myself to a holiday over the Christmas period and told G of my plans. He asked me if he could come and I decided, well, why not? He said "think of it as going away with a complete stranger and coming back with a good friend". So we went away for a week to a spa resort in Tunisia and absolutely nothing physical happened. We had a lovely break and did come back good friends, though.

And then early in the New Year, something "clicked" and we've been together as a couple ever since. His family have welcomed me like a daughter/sister and everything just gets better and better.

I decided I liked the slimmer me and, as I'd done Slimming World before and found it easy and effective (I still subscribed to the magazine) I started following the plan again to shift more weight. I have since lost a further 8.3 kilos (18 lbs) and am within a kilo of my target. I have had to buy a whole new wardrobe and G has bought me some fabulous underwear!

G is really proud of me and can't believe how my shape and my face have changed. I cook SW meals for both of us and he calls me "My Slimming Girl" in a French accent that is to die for! I am now happier than I have ever been in my life before.

So, it goes to show that it's a funny old world, but I'm not complaining!

Last edited:
well done you! It's good to hear a true story with a happy ending:) Good to hear how confident you sound now:)

Wow... what a lovely story ...and it shows that love doesn't have to be at first sight and can be born out of a deeper friendship.

Wish you all the very best and well done on your weight loss.

Love
Rosiex

Amazing story - I am glad you're happier and in love :)

Sometimes bad things happen before the good and I am glad your good times are making you so happy :)

xxx

What a lovely story to read :)

Well done you!!!!!

Wow well done you, Leapfrog you gave me goosebumps! So glad you are happy now and good luck with the rest of your weightloss journey! xx

I'm so happy for you! Lets have a photo on your avatar!

What a lovely story, thanks so much for sharing it with us, its fantastic that now you have all the happiness you deserve!
Congratulations on your weight loss so far, all the best of luck for you future together! x

Hey.
I just want to say i found your story incredibly inspiring and i tyhink its lovley that you have found yourself in a better, happier and healthier position when things were looking so hard and cold before.
Youv done amazingly, with the diet and emotionaly with what you have been though.

Well done to you. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well Done. Wishing you and G lots of happiness

Many women in your position would have found refuge in food or drink, well done you for taking control of your own destiny. I wish you all the best for the future x

Back