A Taste Of Honey

Morning! Well done again! Losing weight and dealing with the subsequent changes in our appearance can be daunting but this journey you are on is so worth it. Please never forget that and just accept that you will eventually get used to the 'new you' and what you have achieved.x

I had a Chinese takeaway meal on Monday, and I’m not sure why – tiredness, crankiness, hormones. It was good but fleeting satisfaction. But then yesterday was back on track, healthy eating choices, a good dinner (light meal and a stir fry).

I am realising that the most powerful thing I have in my favour now is time. I have been losing weight for more than a year, and THAT makes a difference, more than the amount I’ve actually lost. I am now slightly more comfortable with makig mistakes, because I don’t slip forever, I know that I will get back to my normal healthy eating straight away. I need to watch that this doesn’t become a habit, but still…I think that I feel more relaxed and less panicked that it will stop.

Good day, good week – and a week when I want to eat!

I have lost 100 lbs, it feels like such a milestone, such a personal achievement. God I feel a bit of a rush. Wowser!

I’m also hugely happy to be past this goal, because I have further to go, and this was stopping me in a way, because I felt it was too significant. Like a glass ceiling or something.

But now I’m onwards and downwards with my journey…:)

Am so looking forward to having my normal goal of losing a small amount of weight this week. I think I’m going to reduce my weekly goals from now on to 1.5 lbs, and see how that goes for the remainder of 2011.

I feel amazing. I feel light, I feel invigorated, I feel motivated. I feel proud of myself, to tell you the truth.

Well done-that is certainly a milestone in your journey. Never underestimate how wonderful you will feel once you have discarded the excess weight. You hear plenty about it not changing you etc and whilst this is true to a certain extent I think you are already feeling the benefits and just imagine how you will feel when you reach goal. I think it does make you different, not just physically, but the extra confidence and pride it gives you is bound to have an impact.x

Well done-that is certainly a milestone in your journey. Never underestimate how wonderful you will feel once you have discarded the excess weight. You hear plenty about it not changing you etc and whilst this is true to a certain extent I think you are already feeling the benefits and just imagine how you will feel when you reach goal. I think it does make you different, not just physically, but the extra confidence and pride it gives you is bound to have an impact.x

Thank you! I do feel good today, I must say - very confident and upbeat!!!!

Oh Wow Honey. That is so fantastic. You should feel proud because you have come so far and are still continuing to lose despite the ups and downs. That will give you the resilience to cope with the ups and downs that are undoubtedly still to come. What a superstar !

Gail x

Thank you Gail!!!! To be honest, although I moan about my struggles here a lot, I'm fairly consistent, and I've only actually gained weight two or three times this year - it gives me confidence, having logged what happens over the last year. I am much happier to eat out etc, because experience shows me that it doesn't make that much difference, so long as I stick to healthy choices etc.

I'm definiitely of the mind that time is more important than numbers!!!

I’ve had a good day of healthy eating. I am taking pics of everything I eat, which is easy enough. I also feel better, I feel as though I can do this. I’m not tempted to break my ‘diet’ (lifestyle?) which is a relief. If anything, I feel determination right the way through. I want to see a loss on Sunday, but more than that – I don’t want to see a gain. I did a lot of thinking about what was going on this morning. And my fundamental fear is that I will lose all this ground and woosh – put all 95 lbs back on.

That’s not going to happen. You know why? Because this change is NOT dependent on anything else or anyone else other than me. I have been my own cheer leader and provider. I have set up systems that work for me. I have a few fundamental rules in place, and I’m going to stick to them no matter what.

Anyway, good day – lots of healthy eating, lots of walking, lots of general living.

Just to say that last week I struggled with hunger on a few days – really struggled, felt dizzy and faint. This week (today) I am drinking lots of water, and no such effect. I think I’m dehydrated a lot of the time, and I’m going to make a conscious effort to overcome this. But if it has a big impact on my weight loss, then bonus! I’ll use this week as a kind of test mechanism.

I feel like I’ve been stuck on the last ten pounds or so – I’m lighter and feeling good, I lose four pounds yesterday, but it’s really important for me to build on this and continue to see a strong downward trend from now on

Morning Honey! Sorry I haven't visited for a while-been on hols. Still sounds as if you are doing well and have not lost your motivation. Dehydration is most likely the cause of your faintness if you are not eating substantially less than you have been. Drinking more in general certainly does help hunger pangs. Apparently hunger and thirst can be confused by the body and a good slug of water can help at these times. Good luck this week.x

Okay, I was reading a great book over the weekend, and it talked about genius. It said that in a study of musicians, they were put into three categories:
- talented
- gifted
- outstanding
Then they looked at how many hours each had practised. And each of the categories correlated: the talented practised tens of hours, the gifted hundreds of hours, and outstanding thousnds of hours. And there was no cross over at the top end. No one who was outstanding/genius has practised LESS than thousands of hours. No one was outstanding by practising tens of hours. Everyone who made it had worked and worked at it.

This linked to my thoughts on weight loss. Only 2% of people will succeed with lifelong weight loss. That’s a shocking statistic, BUT – I am prepared to work and work and work at it to be in that top 2%. I have prioritised weight loss for the last 13 months, and I am on my way (weigh?!). I have lost over a 100 Lbs.

Whenever something is really important to me, I have put myself out there and succeeded. I WILL put the time in, I WILL turn up day after day; I will stick at it over and over again. I AM going to be in that top 2%. Tough odds, but someone has to do it, and I am going to be one of those people

Okay, I was reading a great book over the weekend, and it talked about genius. It said that in a study of musicians, they were put into three categories:
- talented
- gifted
- outstanding
Then they looked at how many hours each had practised. And each of the categories correlated: the talented practised tens of hours, the gifted hundreds of hours, and outstanding thousnds of hours. And there was no cross over at the top end. No one who was outstanding/genius has practised LESS than thousands of hours. No one was outstanding by practising tens of hours. Everyone who made it had worked and worked at it.

This linked to my thoughts on weight loss. Only 2% of people will succeed with lifelong weight loss. That’s a shocking statistic, BUT – I am prepared to work and work and work at it to be in that top 2%. I have prioritised weight loss for the last 13 months, and I am on my way (weigh?!). I have lost over a 100 Lbs.

Whenever something is really important to me, I have put myself out there and succeeded. I WILL put the time in, I WILL turn up day after day; I will stick at it over and over again. I AM going to be in that top 2%. Tough odds, but someone has to do it, and I am going to be one of those people

I really like this analogy :) Great post x

I had a good food day yesterday, after Monday’s slip. I had simple sweet potato for lunch, and a light easy tea. I feel good about myself for that, and I did a lot of walking as well. So I like I’m back on track easily enough, and I feel great on the food side of things. Today, I’m meeting my friend at lunch for coffee, but have brought in a salad to eat before I go, because otherwise it just annoys me to have to eat nasty unfilling food in Starbucks when I can have a cheap healthy salad. Just to report that I’m on track this week (so far). I’ve not been struggling especially lately either – I ate emotionally on Monday (pizza) but I’m not struggling with cravings and so on.

I had a good Monday eating healthily and sticking to the plan, and I feel good. It is also working, my little bet with myself, about either getting perfume or donating £20 to the Tory party. Interestingly, it's absolutely true - while I want the perfume, I can live without it. I really really really do NOT want to give money to the Conservative Party though, and that negative motivation is quite significant in driving me on this week.

The £5 to my colleagues if I eat sweets or anything has also been a marvellous incentive. I just don't overeat at work these days, because over my dead body am I going to fork out £100 for the privilege. Nothing is worth it. And I stick to it, even though most people have forgotten my bet.

Morning! Good incentives then! LOL at the donation to the Tory party!! You are really doing so well and anything that continues to motivate you can't be bad! Well done.x

Waiting to weigh in, and not feeling confident - I never do, and I'm not sure whether I'll see a loss or not this week. I;m okay either way, to be honest - I ate superbly well all week, but because of the virus I didn't do much exercise. So we'll see, and I'll take whatever the scales throws at me, because I'm a fighter...:)

Morning! Good incentives then! LOL at the donation to the Tory party!! You are really doing so well and anything that continues to motivate you can't be bad! Well done.x

Haha, thanks! It works really well as a reverse incentive - we'll see in a little while if it's worked or not...!

I've got a long day - leave for work @ 7:45, long meetings, and then my evening class, so I won't get in until after 9.
I guess I need to make sure that I have something between 5 and 6: maybe hot chocolate and an apple/banana? That would be nice. And then just come straight home and have a stir fry and tagliatelli, which will take five minutes to prepare.

Okay, I can do this, I just need to remember that I have a plan, and then stick to it!

Well, not too bad I think. Yesterday’s food:

- berries, yoghurt, bran flakes
- apples x 2, carrots x 2 (snack through day)
- banana x 1
- large salad (rocket, tomatoes, cucumber, celery), couscous, tuna
- stir fry (crunchy vegetables only), rocket, BGTY tagliatelli
- grapes + hot chocolate

I walked to work, but had meetings all day. Plus my leg is really sore just now, like a burning sensation in the thigh. Hope it goes away soon!

But yeah, am thinking that I am having a good week, just need to remain focused and ‘on’ for the rest of the week, to see a good result on Sunday. I am confident that I am focused on this, so we’ll see. Just need to keep prioritising it on Friday (when I’m off) and Saturday, when I always find it difficult. I’d love to see a good loss this week.

Just to say that I had a good Thursday as well, and ate well. I went out for lunch, and had a very hot chickpea curry (with rice) and I did have a scoop of icecream at the end.

For dinner, I had salmon, an omelette and an asparagus. Super light and tasty. And then I did go out for my evening walk.

I hope I lose weight this week, because it feels like I've been on track. I'm off today, and I'm going to be doubly concious of really sticking to this today and tomorrow, which are always a bit of a weak time for me. I have a plan, and like I said at the start of the week, having a structure and being forward planning seems to work really well for me. I don't respond well to making it up on the hoof. So I know what I'm doing today and what I'm having - being busy and sociable helps too.

I want to lose another 70 lbs, I think. It's harder, this section, because the weight doesn't come off so easily. But it's also easier, because the longer it goes the more confident I feel. And I am eating healthily about 98% of the time - there are no weeks or days 'off plan', so that's good.

Back