A very serious question. Birthday cake.

I don't fancy picking chest hairs out of the icing...

I think he waxes :D

images

and I loved re-readng it so thanks for bumping it up.

I think for my birthday I am going to make a lemon cake it has got my juices going now and with lemons growing by the ton in the garden it would be criminal not to use them...................

url

I loved reading this thread.

Is it too early to plan my birthday cake? My birthday is in January !!! But I will be 30.

I loved reading this thread.

Is it too early to plan my birthday cake? My birthday is in January !!! But I will be 30.
##

Never to early to plan cake !

6a00d8341c071e53ef0120a6c352a4970b-500wi

Is cake free on other peoples birthday as well as its my nieces 4th birthday next saturday. Also, as the OH & i share a birthday can i have double free cake?

And can the 5 chocolate digestives i just ate be considered part of my free cake allowance for my nieces birthday please or is that tweaking :)

Gorgeous cakes yum, my dont we enjoy torturing ourselves lol:whoopass:

I have already planned my cake, new lady at work has baked some awesome cakes, and I am having chocolate and peanut butter cake - good grief I am drooling lol - i have never felt such joy at the thought of it and loathing at the syns

But now it's free I am jumping with joy

Does this mean it's only free on my birthday as I had planned on eating over the next few days as well or will I have to eat it all on my birthday - I can do that ;)

Awesome post, thank you I had a great laugh reading it x

Is cake free on other peoples birthday as well as its my nieces 4th birthday next saturday. Also, as the OH & i share a birthday can i have double free cake?

And can the 5 chocolate digestives i just ate be considered part of my free cake allowance for my nieces birthday please or is that tweaking :)

That could be considered to be tweaking but personally I would say it was getting in trim for the cake onslaught. Vital to safe cake eatig.

To go into it cold would be dangerous............have you never hear of a sugar rush, very nasty lol !!!!

I have already planned my cake, new lady at work has baked some awesome cakes, and I am having chocolate and peanut butter cake - good grief I am drooling lol - i have never felt such joy at the thought of it and loathing at the syns

But now it's free I am jumping with joy

Does this mean it's only free on my birthday as I had planned on eating over the next few days as well or will I have to eat it all on my birthday - I can do that ;)

Awesome post, thank you I had a great laugh reading it x

I think it all has to eaten on the day andthen you flexi syn for a year.

Well that is what in my rules.
231746.jpg

So, yes. Birthday cake.

Now I know, for absolutely certain, that, on your birthday, cake is syn free.

That's a well known fact.

It must be in the book somewhere, in the small print - it's just that you can never find it when you look.
But that doesn't matter. It's a fact.
That's that.

So - that's taken as read.
But my question is:

Is it because Birthday cake is syn free?
Or is it just that there are no syns when it's actually your birthday?

It's a very important distinction, because if it's the former, then there are no syns even when you eat someone else's birthday cake.
But if it's the latter, then other people's cake is dangerous.

Does anyone else know?
What's the official line?

I need to know, pretty urgently, because I had to make a cake for someone's birthday today, and I REALLY want some!

Not strictly true, Sarah.

It's a healthy extra as i understand it;)

Had a good laugh at "other peoples cake is dangerous" still chuckling like a mad woman on my own in the car!

Right it's got to be SOMEONES birthday today? So I can buy cake.....?

I concur ... hugely and most definitely free! Here is the one I made and devoured (it would be rude not to seeing as it was free) for my daughters 3rd birthday a few weeks ago. It would be foolish to blame that cake for my 4lb gain ... I bet it was those pesky vegetable crudites .. sneaky fellows, tsk!!

Attachments

• cake 2 resize.jpg
    cake 2 resize.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 52
I concur ... hugely and most definitely free! Here is the one I made and devoured (it would be rude not to seeing as it was free) for my daughters 3rd birthday a few weeks ago. It would be foolish to blame that cake for my 4lb gain ... I bet it was those pesky vegetable crudites .. sneaky fellows, tsk!!
Fabulous cake !!!!!!

Birthday cake does not make for weight gain.........not eating it does........simples !!!

Back