A wardrobe of multi-sized clothes

ammonite

Hello all,

I don't post here very often but read a lot on the Slimming World board. I have been following SW loosely for a few months and lost 9lb, not much to write home about when I've got about 40 to lose but a start! Anyway, just found out I am having a baby so want to keep eating healthily and trying to not gain six stone or something in the next year! I realise I won't lose much but I really need to try and maintain.

Anyway, my dilemma is less about food and more about clothes!

I have a range of clothes that fit me in different 'stone brackets'. A small section of my wardrobe currently fits. Another section will fit when I'm 7lb lighter, another section when I'm 14lb light, another section etc. etc. until I have clothes that will only fit when I'm 3 stone lighter !

Ultimately, the wardrobe is popping (a bit like my waistband!) - but as this most recent 3 stone gain has been fairly rapid (18 months- gutted!), the majority of the clothes are like new (even though I didn't pay much for them). I'm loathed to throw them out, but nearly all of them won't fit me for another 12 months (realistically, 2 years!). Will I still like the clothes then, when some of them I haven't worn for 4 years?

Something has to happen as we just don't have the space in the house for 2 people...shall I purge, get rid and admit defeat that its unlikely I'll ever get in my size 12 jeans ever again? Shall I box 'em up and put them in the loft to sort out in 2 years time? I think the latter is the right solution??

Anyone else have/had a similar problem? I think a lot of why I'm hanging onto the size 12 jeans etc. is because I don't want to admit I'm giving up and I'll never be that thin again!

Oh the things we do!

eppps not sure what id do maybe get rid of the ones that are a long way off fitting ....but then again you could use them as motivation after bubs is born .

My wardrobe is very much the same hun seem to have a lot of stuff that will almost fit so hope ill get into it soon after baby is born

I sold everything that was too small when I got pregnant and used the money for maternity clothes, the way I see it is when I am losing weight after baby a big incentive will be getting a nice new wardrobe xx

This sounds like a plan. I've put them all into bin bags so can either now sell them or 'loft them' for a couple of years! Wishing I hadn't started its taken me most of the day!! lol x

Back