A Water Warning...

Starlit_Cazza

Restart 3/9/2013
Completely different 'diet' hun and we don't drink as much as it takes to cause damage. CD isn't a detox diet and I personally agree with the article when they say they think detox diets are a con.

its the story like that one that has caused my family to go mental. They have all phoned me this morning insisting I stop - and no explanation seems to deter them from what they want to see surrounding this story :(

Completely agree with you Kelly. CD advises a minimum of 2.25l a day which we should be drinking of water anyway!

Wonder how much water that woman actually drunk to do herself damage? very scary. Im not terribly worried as I struggle with me 2.25l a day as it is! How do people find the time to drink more than that? lol

Ok

read about that in todays papers, her detox diet was salt restricted so with low salt intake and extra water on board her blood salt levels became dangerously low, when she started to feel ill ( vomiting and the like ) the nutritionist told her it was normal, could possibly have been reversed at this point if her doctor had been aware, it didnt come to doctors attention until after she was taken to hospital having seizures

the poor woman, i think everyone on here that drinks 3/4/5litres a day knows not to down it in a hr. space it out over the day i mean thats just common sence :)x

i have about four litres and this was difficult to begin with but now i am thirsty if i don't!!

i have done detox diets in the past, including one shortly before starting cd and i felt amazing doing them. of course they didn't tell me to drink any more than 3 litres a day... i think there are some really good ones out there if you know where to look, but obviously they aren't sustainable diets. good for a pick me up and an energy boost though :)

abz xx

Completely agree with you Kelly. CD advises a minimum of 2.25l a day which we should be drinking of water anyway!

Wonder how much water that woman actually drunk to do herself damage? very scary. Im not terribly worried as I struggle with me 2.25l a day as it is! How do people find the time to drink more than that? lol

Ok

I read she'd drunk 5 litres on the day she was admitted to hospital

I have no medical background but from all that I have read on this subject and other simillar stories, it would appear that by reducing her salt intake and increasing water, she has reduced her essential mineral salt levels, either because there is more to the story or because she had a tendancy toward such a situation.

I also know of cases where people who have abused controlled drugs like Ecstasy in the 'Club Culture' and drank lots of water but sadly died are often found to have dluted their mineral salts so much that they suffer from heart attacks.

Anybody who is sole source gets their Minerals and Nutrients from the Food Packs etc.

The reasons to hydrate have often been discussed... whether a person is SS dieting or not and having tried very hard in the past, I have found it very difficult to get amywhere near what is deemed a dangerous amount of water.

I would suggest that people remember the risks, manage their health and if needs be, take responsibility and take themselves to their GP or dietician... especially if they start to feel unwell.

I understand why our friends and family don't always understand what these diets are all about - especially if they don't have eating or weight issues. It seems to me that the story in the press has lots of the same language but is actually a very different scenario.

Please take care, relax, stay strong and face your concerns head on and certainly don't resort to food to try and alleviate your worries. Good health and good luck.

also with ss you don't get all the water you would usually get in your every day food. which is a lot. so drinking 4 litres of water a day isn't going to cause you many problems as you are getting all your nutrients, compensating for the water you aren't getting through food and keeping well hydrated...

abz xx

thanks dancing I might just do that - might shut them up :(

Back