Extra Easy A week in a hotel! Arghh!

Abs10

Help please!
I have just got a new job which is great, and at the end of May they are sending me on a training course, which is 5 days long! I'm really looking forward to it, as I'll be staying in a hotel, and being given a company car to use.
However, I am currently on slimming world, and I'm really struggling with what to eat whilst there. I am staying in a premier inn, which has unlimited breakfasts, and a big unhealthy looking menu :-( please any help anyone can give on maintaining my willpower, and what to eat, is most appreciated!

Hi, congrats on new job! You could play the special dietry requirements card before you get there and hope they oblige. Things like baked potatoes, maybe spag bol or chilli and syn it incase of oil used? Good luck x

Thank you! I may have to try that, the only other option is to take a week off, which isn't ideal! X

I wouldn't have a week off as such, but I wouldn't be trying to count all the syns in everything either because it'll be difficult to keep on top of, but just be sensible - the breakfast might be unlimited, but you can fill up on the free foods, beans, eggs, fruit etc, jacket potatoes with beans or tuna and sweetcorn, there's always salad just ask for no dressing/mayo. Then just have things like steak for dinner, cut off the fat and ask to swap chips for salad/veg/jacket and NO PUDDING (which is the hard part for me!). I'd find a shop nearby and stock up on fruit for when you're feeling a bit peckish as well. And mug shots are a god send that you can make in your room especially if there's a big gap where you're back in your room between the course end and dinner. Hope that helps!

I'm probably too late but I travel alot for work. Do Premier inns have kettles in the room? If so take some mugshots. If not ask them for some hot water and make one yourself in the room anyway (in italy they thought I was mad!). Just having a mugshot before you go out to dinner helps take the edge off being hungry and if you go off plan you can still be fuller due to the mugshot and not eat as much naughty stuff.

Take fruit to snack on and you don't need to refrigerate. Do they have a fridge in the room? If so find the tesco express go pick up some mullerlights to snack on or have with breakfast. I also weigh out and take sultana bran in little plastic baggies. Worst case I have it with milk and have less as the Hex allowance. If all else fails stick with eggs for breakfast, most places have them.

I also just told a waitress (I was on my own) when eating at a hotel for dinner I was doing SW. Ordered the steak with jacket potato and veggies no butter. Turns out she was doing SW aswell and knew the rules and sorted me out with an on plan meal! Its a little more difficult when travelling to foreign countries, I usually say I am on a low cholesterol diet and just try and pick meat with salad or veggies no sauce etc. Activia 0% are available all over Europe which helps provide my usual breakfast. Wish there were more options for SW eating at airports and on planes!

And I carry sweetener in my bag for the endless coffee/tea in meetings!

We stay at Premier Inns when visiting family. There is always lots of fruit and yogurt. Also you can ask for eggs done how you want. Last time I had a soft boiled egg with a piece of wholemeal toast for soldiers with fruit salad. All on plan!

Back