a year in my life

daisygrubber

I've pinched this idea from the new series that started on tv last night about 1 year to save my life.

I need to save mine in more ways than one so her I am going to give it a go and i'm quite excited.

I started on this forum just over 2 years ago with sw and couldn't believe how well I did and i'm back to report that I stuffed it up and put it all back on :(

So in honour of this new start on sw and hopefully change in my life i've created a new user name and the old profile and lifestyle no longer exists. I cant afford to go back to class so I'm using my old books and hopefully plenty of info from here.

2011 has been a mixed bag for us, hubby was made redundant after 30 years of being a skilled and independant man to a bored and unhappy one, you cant believe how hard he has tried to find a job. He is currently waiting to hear about a 9 hour a week job delivering beds and has applied for jobs in his field in canada.

Last year my middle son broke his leg in 2 places, my youngest passed selection and goes in the army in April and my oldest son became engaged.

I on the other hand after a couple of years of looking has finally found a job working in the ambulance control room, quite challenging and exhausting, but hopefully i;m making a difference to peoples lives.

I have started to grow my own veg and it's been wonderful eating fresh peppers, carrots, parsnips, baby sweetcorn, runner beans, cherry toms and not to mention my most successful crop... potatoes.

For xmas I got Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall veg book and there's some great recipes in there i'm going to use.

This year I hope to expand my selection of veg and to also get some chickens and at last what I have always wanted a dog :D

Today was the first day back on plan and with a sigh of relief I have to say.

I'm starting with EE as we were having cous cous today.

weetabix (heb)
250ml semi skimmed milk (hea)
sweetener
bacon
egg
tin tomatoes
paprika chicken (Britmums) (3 syns)
brocoli
cous cous
monster munch 5.5

syns

Paprika chicken was full of veg, peppers, onion, carrot, mushroom, pasata, courgette.

Doing a shop tomorrow so will have a full array to choose from.

Have a great 2012 and may all your dreams come true.

Last edited:
just been into own with son to get his final papers submitted for joining the army and then came home and had a bowl of lovely porridge. Going to the shops now to top up the fridge to continue my new start to sw.

will be back to update later with hopefully a continued good day :D

Thanks Val, cant see me getting fully to target in the year but a year will go a long way towards it :D

1 year is definitely going to make a huge difference.

Well a productive day and a good one which resulted in a good win for newcastle utd my team :)

Also bought a bargain dressing gown for £5.99 which I have put away for next xmas :eek:yes you read it right xmas.

I'm really into money saving and frequent moneysavingexpert.com forum looking for ideas for bargains and as this is a good time for sales I took advantage.

Have also seen a dog I have my eye on just waiting for the owners to get back to me small mongrel dog he looks lovely, but so far I haven't heard back from them.

Well todays food is as follows

Porridge-heb
satsuma
milk-hea
left over paprika chicken from last night= 1
satsuma
bolognese -2 syns
roast peppers
cheese -rest of hea
asparagus
satsumas
hi fi bar-heb
monster munch=5.5 syns

syns 8.5

Getting ready for bed no as I have a busy day tomorrow :D i'm going out for lunch but will definitely make sensible choices.

Last edited:
daisygrubber said:
Well a productive day and a good one which resulted in a good win for newcastle utd my team :)

Yay, was pleased with that score myself, I must admit :)!

Dressing gown for xmas... is this for yourself, or a gift? I've raided the sales for Christmas cards and wrapping stuff, all set! Hehee :)

not sure yet it could be either lol depends how much weight I lose :D

Lol good rationale :)

I have my dress ready for my Christmas party... oops!

Enjoy your lunch out tomorrow!

still a bit windy here and have to go out in it. Meeting friends for lunch at a new restaurant in the park have heard good reviews just need to find something on the menu that suits as I cant find an online menu.

Had some good news middle son has had an offer from Leeds met this morning, the last one to offer a place but number 1 choice although I prefer the Birmingham Uni :D

He is wanting to study sports rehab so he is now to pass all his exams so he can get in.

Still had no luck getting to speak to the people with the puppies using email as an only contact is rubbish :D

Hubby has spoke to housing benefit people today about if he gets this part time job what happens to the payment he gets, turns out we will be £7 a week better off :eek:

They have already said they are over paying us and reducing benefit by £10 a week :(

Had a breakfast of bran flakes and banana which I quite enjoyed actually.

Just going to watch Barry Manilow (guilty pleasure) on This morning then heading off.

speak later diary x

well i'm back lunch was lovely, however nothing really what I could say was sw friendly. I had potato skins and a small portion of caneloni, the lunch time special was £3.95 and they were the small size portions,

I didn't have pudding just the black coffee and sparkling water. I'm happy with that I feel I can work with that.

This afternoon I have to go to parents meeting which I wasn't expecting but it fills up the time, at least I wont get any bad news teachers seem to love this particular son of mine, weren't so keen on the other 2 :D

Tea will be something light to offset lunch, can't stop my life just because of sw that would be boring :eek:

Think that's where I went wrong last time, back later with an update.

Ps I need to order my seed potatoes and get some chitting done or I will have no first earlies to have in the spring :D

well it's a bit later updating than I wanted but here goes.

For tea I ended up having a ham omelette so the damage was limited for the day so i'm happy didn't go out of control.

This morning I have had bacon and eggs.

Couple of bits of big news today my son has the date he takes the oath for his job in the army with the engineers.

Even bigger news I have got a dog, he's not ready til the 22nd Jan, he's a whippet x jack russel and he's the cutest little thing we have called him casper (son picked it and I quite like it :) )

406741_3016668255950_1239904323_33268219_1042824095_n.jpg

thanks Val can't wait to get him.

Didn't get to update yesterday so will fill in for yesterday and today.

bacon
egg
sauce 1 syn
weetabix heb
milk hea
sweetener
kippers
banana
satsumas
monster munch 5.5 syns
wotsits 5 syns :eek:

3 ww sausages 1.5
beans
egg
sauce 1
sausage 0.5
4 satsumas
singapore noodles heb, 1 syn (contains loads of veg)

so far.

Doesn't seem much greenery there, but have eaten loads of sarsumas to try and compensate.

Will try to have loads veg tomorrow

Uneventful day today and pretty pleased about that :D had lots to do round the house.

Had a text from the lady who has the puppy and he's doing well, I left a blanket with them in the cage so that I could get it ready for when he comes to ours, so he has something with a familiar smell on it. The lady says he has been playing with it :D

til tomorrow and another day on plan x

OMG PEOPLE THINK I AM MAD FOR SQUEALING AT THE COMPUTER!! But Casper, such a cutie!!! Bet you're well excited for picking him up!! :D

Well done for sticking to plan too, be proud :)!

Can't wait to get him Jen so excited. Don't know how I will manage waiting another 2 weeks :D

Well another busy day stuck to plan and still managed to have some eaton mess with my sunday dinner.

Crackers 2 syns
satsumas lost count :D
chicken
roast pots
parsnips ( grown in the garden and taste way better than the shops)
carrotts -heb
asparagus
mushy peas
gravy 2 syns
meringue 5 syns
double cream 5 syns
raspberries

Managed to source some new veg seeds today want to be extra organised and have ordered some purple runner beans, they will look lovely growing in the garden and ill look so much nicer than flowers and will taste a great deal better.

Going to try growing some spring onions in pots and going to grow more sweetcorn to pick at baby corn size they taste delicious raw and straight from the garden and will be great in a salad.

Just need to get some beefsteak tomato seeds and i'm done unless there is anything else I fancy :D

Have a great sw week everyone x

Back