A year in the life of a loser

Wasted Ink

I've decided to start a weightloss diary to keep me motivated and as something to look back on when I get there.

I'm probably younger than the average poster, only seventeen. I've been struggling with my weight since childhood, mainly due to a medical condition. Today I weighed in at 15 stone 12 - which marks a 2 stone loss for me. The reason I haven't put that I've lost two stone in my profile is because I want to challenge myself even more and start afresh from 16 stone (the weight I was when I joined Minimins.) My challenge to myself is to get into the 13s before the end of the year, and hopefully reach target in time for my 18th Birthday (which is next June.)

I'm definitely a hundred times happier than I was at 17 stone 12. That is the highest I've ever been and I promise myself I will never get there again.

I'm looking forward to a happier and healthier future now. :)

Regards,

Jessica
xx

Last edited:
Well done Jessica on losing two stone that is fantastic!:happy096:

Wishing you all the best on your weight loss journey!

Love Mini xxx

Thank you. Glad to be here.

Welcome Jessica and good luck. Are you calorie counting?

Yes. I was actually ill in hospital in summer, and lost about half a stone due to how ill I was. So that gave me a slight booster (although I'd rather have been well, of course!) Since then I have been calorie counting and exercising daily.

I do about 15 minutes of Interval training, 30 minutes of skipping and a little aerobics every day. :) It seems to be doing the trick so far. I had been doing longer interval training, but I was struck down with swine flu a few weeks ago and had to stop exercise. So I'm building it up again now.

So far, so good. :) :)

Yes, I'm relatively fit. It varies from day to day. My condition holds me back a bit, energy-wise.

OK. An update. I put on 2lb despite doing nothing differently. :cry:I do keep a food diary and the calories were around the same. However, I did miss a day's exercise because I was ill. Although I wear a pedometer and still expended way more than I took in. So it's a mystery. I'm a tad disheartened, but I'll try and increase the exercise again from tomorrow.

It's annoying because I worked hard at getting that 2lb off this week. However, I do think I need to hide the scales from myself for a while - I have an obsessive relationship with them, usually weighing myself every day. I think I'll keep them hidden away for a week or two before weighing in.

OK, I have to confess I wasn't very good yesterday. It was a combination of being upset by the weight gain and the fact that it's a Saturday, which is always my 'treat' day. I know that technically calorie-counting means that nothing is off limits, which makes me feel slightly less guilty. But I was still a tad annoyed with myself. I had - errr- a piece of victoria sponge, a cheese sandwhich, special fried rice and omelette for dinner, some chips and a little chocolate. :banghead: And no exercise, other than walking around town for about half an hour. It was definitely the worst day I've had in months! Anyway, to my amazement, I found today that I've lost most of the weight I'd put on the day before. Bizzare. Anyway, I feel inspired again and am ready to get interval training and skipping again today. :)

Did 40 mins of dancing and 20 mins of brisk walking today. :) I've upped my calorie intake today and downgraded my exercise. Mainly because before I was probably exercising too much and eating too little.

At least that's what I'm hoping. A bit nervous about tomorrow's weigh in. But we'll see. Going to do some weights later.

Good luck on the weigh in tomorrow - lets know how you get on :)

Amber...

Well lost over 2lb by Thursday, then gained 1.6 lb back today. :rolleyes: But maybe it's water fluctuation or something. If I make the 2lb mark by Monday I'll be happy though.

One thing I was SUPER :D happy about today is that I went into Dorothy Perkins and tried on a gorgeous red coat. It fit me in a size 16! It's been a long time since I last managed to get into that size. It still seems big, but it's much better than a 18/20. So YAY! :)

Last edited:
Feeling a bit peeved this week because, so far, I've put on the 2lb I lost last week. I'm not sure why. Most days I've eaten my usual 1500-1600 calories and done 1 hour + of cardio and weights. Maybe it's just water weight, although the TOTM is not particularly near.

I'm back again! I thought it was by time I updated this journal. I've changed its title - tehee - I amused myself when coming up with that!

So much has happened to me since I started this journal and I don't want to bore people with the minor details. I lost 2 1/2 stone by September last year (it took me four months,) but then I got swine flu, then ended up hospitalized due to complications of an iron transfusion. It took me so long to recover that I really couldn't think about dieting. I lost 10lb whilst in hospital, but then gained it once I was out. Too much chocolate me thinks! :p I pretty much maintained for three months.

I resumed plan after Christmas and have slowly built my fitness levels up again. Now I'm back to doing an hour of cardio everyday. I'm feeling good. :)

I had a rather terrible day today - calorie-counting god, forgive me!- almost 2000 calories! Usually I shoot for 1600.

On the plus side I've done over two hours of exercise today. So hopefully that will make up for the over-indulgence!

So I had an excellent week last week - I lost over 4lbs! I can't remember the last time I lost that much. I'm very happy! :D

I don't expect that every week, but it would be nice to drop a few lbs this week. The 13s are so close now. So close. I haven't been in the 13s since I was thirteen :eek: (admittedly I was only an inch or two shorter than I am then, though.)

For the first time since I started I can finally notice that I've lost weight. My tummy and hips are both a lot smaller. It's taken me almost 50lbs to notice a major difference... but now I see it, I love it! I can't wait to see what I look like when I've lost another stone.

hey there, good luck getting into the 13's! you've done awesome so far. its nice to see someone from my neck of the woods, i live pretty close to sheffield in penistone :)

I know how you feel hun i started my journey at 18 stone 4lbs, now im 14 stone 7lbs and falling! cant wait for the 13's

good luck!

Hey there loser! Felt so nice to read what you had to say... I'm 19 now but also been struggling with weight from an early age like you. I tried calorie counting but would only ever manage to burn off 700 (an hour on the cross trainer) before I would start to shake and shiver like crazy... Still don't know why it happened and I haven't done any more proper proper exercise since then, but if it's working for you then there's hope!

P.S - Don't waste away to skin and bones like Keira Knightley!

Heya, congrats on the weight loss so far, you seem be doing everything right. I'm goign to look into that interval training, do you recommend any sites in particular?

I agree with 10st10lb! Keira has gone way too far. I do need to go an watch pride and prejudice now though.

Gosh, is this diary old or what? I’ve not been here in forever! I’m eighteen now (nearly nineteen) and unfortunately the journey is still ongoing. I’m 12 stone 5lb now, which is still far too high for me, but a million miles away from what I started at (almost 18 stone!)

Unfortunately I’ve had a seven-month, (yes, seven month) plateau. During this time I’ve only lost 3lb despite working out ALMOST every day. I’m currently giving SW another go to see if I can shift 10lb or so. As you can see from my info, my intermediate goal is 11 stone 10 as that would make me a healthy weight. I think 10 stone is my ultimate goal.

I’m currently a size 12/14 as well - VERY happy about that. And I’ve started wearing dresses again for the first time in many years. :)

Back