A year in the life of a yo-yo dieter

i think the idea of wemitts is a place for people who have a lot to lose to congregate, most of (if not all of) us have tried to lose weight in the past and lost our way and most likely put more weight on and it becomes a vicious circle.

i rarely stray from this board as i have about 9 to 10 stone to lose and a lot of the people here know exactly how it feels to be so very far away from target... it's brilliant to have like minded people to help you along the way. x

well I am a wemitt!

Am starting on Tony Ferguson tomorrow...There are 145 days till christmas and I am aiming to be 50lbs lighter at least

xxxx

well I am a wemitt!

Am starting on Tony Ferguson tomorrow...There are 145 days till christmas and I am aiming to be 50lbs lighter at least

xxxx

Ooh will you be keeping a diary? I did look at that diet myself but it's not so long since I did Celebrity Slim (again) and I couldn't manage to stick to that x

Ooh will you be keeping a diary? I did look at that diet myself but it's not so long since I did Celebrity Slim (again) and I couldn't manage to stick to that x

I think so...I've sort of started it already: - http://www.minimins.com/tony-ferguson/161857-starting-tf-1st-august.html

I'm so desperate for it to work - and I think because there is an element of food, I'll find it easier than CD or LL. I've bought 7 days worth of packs, so will see how I get on up until thursday (weigh in day). I've been down the dieting route so many times I've lost enthusiasm!

xxx

Good luck with your weight loss Yo-yo!

Im the same... I started to diet at 10 stone... I was 1/4 of a pound off 16 stone when I realised I couldnt keep messing around with diets that didnt work.

I did a food diary for two weeks and I dont eat chocolate or cakes... it was pure carbs that were making me gain weight so I went on the Tony Ferguson, I fell off the wagon for 3 weeks due to life being a b!t*h so have been doing the diet for 5 weeks if you dont count the three awful weeks and Ive lost just over a stone and a half, if you cheat, you see it in a pathetic 1lb loss (ie last week... boo me) if you stick to it, your lose 3 - 4lbs so when you see that it makes you not want to cheat.

I aim to be 11 stone by christmas... the lightest I will have been for at least 6 years, Ive been gaining around 1 stone a year since i was 21, lost some weight, gained it again and so on, I was 9 stone at 21 and thats where I want to get back, I used to think it wasnt possible but seeing others on here losing huge amounts of weight, it made me realise it is possible, as long as im focused and REALLY mean it, I never want to see nearly 16 stone on the scales again... I also used to cheat the scales... I would lean so it made them read less lol... god knows what that was about... i knew i was heavier but it made me feel better.

Hello again, I'm feeling really embarrassed (again).

After my initital SW enthusiasm, I've decided on day three that it just isn't for me. I know it's a cop out after two days but I have been there before and should have known better.

Truth is I am just not organised enough to do this particular diet. There are times - particularly coming up to the end of the week where I am tired and I need to rely on the odd ready meals, sandwiches and convenience foods and I don't think the 15 syns per day accommodates this for me.

So - another one bites the dust.

However I am still motivated. I've gone back to my WLR Account and it says for me to lose a pound per week I can have up to 1600 calories, which seems like an awful lot to me (probably too much).

So i am going to give calorie counting yet another go!

Hey Yo yo,

Dont be embarrassed! you havent given up you just dont feel right on SW and if its not right for you then thats fine.

I also count calories, I feel its an easier challenge to keep on top of and if you really need something a little naughty you can fit it into you allowance :)

Not sure if you have used this before but google, 'myfitnesspal' you can log your food, work out calories to consume as well as tracking what you have eaten and whats remaining, track any excersise and its all free, I live by it :)

xx

Hon - don't worry about SW not being right for you...I've always said dieting is like shopping for shoes, you have to try them on, see if they are comfy and decide if you can wear them for a long time...SW just wasn't the one for you!

Don't stop posting though.....

xxx

Woohoo. For the first time since starting this diary I am down to under fifteen stone (14st 13.8lbs to be precise) - I had got up to 13st 3.5lbs over the last two weeks.

A bout of tummy bug on Saturday seems to have stopped my sugar cravings so am quite happy eating small portions and not snacking. Lets hope long may it last

well done on the being below 15st, i am jealous!! also hope youre feeling better after being ill :)

Woohoo. For the first time since starting this diary I am down to under fifteen stone (14st 13.8lbs to be precise) - I had got up to 13st 3.5lbs over the last two weeks.

A bout of tummy bug on Saturday seems to have stopped my sugar cravings so am quite happy eating small portions and not snacking. Lets hope long may it last

How exciting bet your over the moon, so how much is that you have lost now?

Hope your feeling better now xx

well done on the being below 15st, i am jealous!! also hope youre feeling better after being ill :)

Im also very jealous Colly (happy for Yo-yo of course) but soooo jealous xx

Hi There Yoyo

I was on here about a year or so ago and doing well in getting rid of the flab. How times have changed.....

About 4 years ago I was over 200kg, about 32.5st. (I don’t really know as the scales went up to 200kg and then “error”!!) I got this down to 139kg, about 22.5st. Over the last few years it has crept back on and I have put back on around 4.5st, making me now around 27st (bugger!).

Anyway like the song says, one more time with feeling......

I have set myself a new monthly goal of ejecting 3lbs, or about 1.5kg per week. This is going to take about 18 months or so to reach my main goal, but here goes nothing.....

Good luck on your journey and I will be joining you along with many posters on this site and many many lurkers!

Don't call me tracey....i love your diet plan - not putting it in my mouth! simple and effective if only i could keep my mouth shut ALL my problems would be solved! lol

xxx

Back