A yummy (and happier and healthier) mummy - for good this time!

Just popping on very quickly on my phone. Will update with colours and correcting any autocorrect fails tomorrow when I'm on my laptop!

Work was okay. A long and exhausting day but I survived. Only had today of work this week so crossing my fingers that the okay-ness lasts to my next shift next Monday!

Todays food-
B: Nothing
L: Small M&S maki sushi snack pack 0.5syn. Plum. Grapes. Strawberries. Blueberries. Tesco cheese curls 4.5syns.
D: Small Sainsbury sushi rolls 2syns. Pops crisps 5syns (single bag size so 100kcal). Not a lot but munched on the bus on the way home!

Snacks: Special K chewy bar hexB. Free yogurt. Satsuma.
Drinks: Costa medium skinny vanilla latte (skimmed milk hexA and syrup 3syns). Water.
Syn Total- 15syns

Used all my syns today and didn't have a lot of food or a decent meal :( Going to make a big batch of SF tomato pasta sauce tomorrow. Looking forward to it as I've got some meat free meatballs in the freezer and some extra lean mince for a spaghetti bolognaise!! Yum!!!

Last edited:
try packing a lunch next time that is more filling? Or make your own sushi and get a bento box to put it in? (I'm sure you can buy one from a japanese takeaway :) ) you can put sushi and rice balls on the top, and a salad on the bottom? or if you get a 3 tier one maybe have some fruit in it as well?
Well done though, you did really well for a work day! I bet you are glad it is over :)

I bought a new dress (and fascinator) for the wedding on the weekend and for once I actually felt comfortable dress shopping! I still am buying a size 16 (although its now a lot more roomy but a 14 is still a little too snug for me) but it is a bodycon style, which I would've never looked at before!

I actually felt good in it- shows off my curves but in a flattering way and I could definitely see the difference in my body (in a positive way!) Still got lumps and bumps but a pair of spanx should sort it out :)

Was super lazy today- I made my superfree pasta sauce but havent used any of it. Dinner was pretty much non-existant as we had an open evening at Reece's new nursery so I just grabbed something quick but not necessarily containing superfree...

The nursery was lovely though- its a converted chapel so the windows are nice and big and let in loads of natural light and the rooms are so spacious with loads of toys and room to run around :) The staff were lovely and welcoming as well. We liked it so much we put down our registration fee so Reece is guaranteed a place in September.

Todays food-
B: Banana and grapes.
L: Tesco mac & cheese pasta n sauce (2syns plus I made it with some skimmed milk part hexA and 10g light spread 2syns) Cherry tomatoes. Nectarine. Plum.
D: Mugshot (the BBQ beef noodle one- not very nice! Be sticking to either the tomato or sweet and sour ones from now on!) Tesco cheese curls 4.5syns. Nectarine.

Snacks: Satsuma. Plum. Yogurt. Special K chewy bar hexB. Half a chicken nugget 0.5syn. Couple of oven chips 1syn.
Drinks: Cups of tea (sweetener and skimmed milk part hexA) Flavoured fizzy water. Water.
Syn Total- 10syns

Last edited:
And thanks for the lovely comments! Was so good to have an enjoyable shopping experience, especially as I'd started to hate it.

The dress is short sleeved and high necked. Black but with a glittery wavey pattern (except on the sides where it is plain to give the illusion of skinniness) and ends at the knee.
Going to team it with my black fascinator, nude tights, black heels, black clutch bag and a grey cropped jacket.
Am worried it's a bit of black but hoping the jacket and my pale skin tone will lighten it.
If I figure out how to do it I will upload a picture :)

Was so annoyed with myself today- I bought an Ainsley Harriot risotto packet (I love risotto but sometimes hate making it myself! Too much work!) and mistakenly assumed it would be low enough in syn that I could munch a packet of crisps and still have enough syns for it in the evening... I was mistaken. The packet is 7.5syns :( I can manage that on other days but shouldnt have had those crisps!! And I picked at Reece's leftovers again... I got him sausages from the butcher and they are delicious and juicy! I couldnt resist when I saw that half sat on his plate- chucking it in the bin seemed a little sacriligious!!

On a plus side I did about an hour and a halves worth of walking (whilst pushing the buggy so extra resistance) when we went down to the shops- decided to walk an extra 10 minutes and try out a different greengrocer (see if they had any bargains) and I was very muchly pleased! Got some more fruits- including a MASSIVE grapefruit for just 29p!! And some babycorn and corn on the cobs- I never realised how easy they are to prepare and cook and SO delicious (and they were just 29p each as well!)

Todays food-
B: Half a banana.
L: Ham salad sandwich (60g WM bread hexB, ham, lettuce, cucumber, 2tbsp lighter than light mayo 1syn). Wotsits (non multipack bag) 6syns. Plum. 2 x mini meringues 2syns (found some 20kcal mini meringues in Co-op so snapped them up! Although they are pretty tiny! AND H2B has already stolen 4 of them!) crumbled in a free yogurt mixed with strawberries!! DELISH!
D: Grilled chicken breast, Bachelors golden savory rice, roasted cherry tomatoes, onion and a red pepper, corn on the cob.

Snacks: Free yogurt and strawberries. 1/2 sausage approx 2syns. Satsuma.
Drinks: Coffee shop regular skinny mocha (skimmed milk hexA and cocoa 3syns). Flavoured fizzy water. 1 x cup of tea (sweetener and dash of skimmed milk 0.5syn)
Syn Total - 15.5syns

Half a syn over... Mega oops :( Not sure if I couldve counted the dash of milk in my tea as part of my hexA as the coffee wasnt the size of a costa or starbucks but thought Id syn it to be sure. Also thinking it may be "that" time soon as wanting sweet things!!

eep that is high syn!
If you wanna make one in the future just bung all the junk in a slow cooker and give it a stir whenever your remember. I've done that with risotto apart from browning off everything first, and it came out lovely. :) (it was a mushroom risotto.. but this was back in the days when I would chuck in a half a bottle of wine and drink the other half.. oops haha)
Don't worry about going half over though :) I bet you would have burned off those 10 calories going to that green grocers. Which I'm highly jealous about!! I may have to move in with you ;)

Hope you're having a good day today :)

It is 'that' time for me :( Hence the carb and sweet cravings!

I quite like sour so grapefruits dont bother me too much. I love them segmented in jelly or I may syn a tsp of sugar to sprinkle on top!

Thanks MC! I need to invest in a slow cooker- do you use yours often? I worry because I've bought loads of kitchen stuff over the years that I've never used and cant afford to waste money like that :(

I was so chuffed with the greengrocer! Still need tesco for some things (grapes were horrifically expensive) but the seasonal and UK produce was so cheap! Definitely be going there again.

I only got a cheap £5 one from tescos so I justify it with that :)
I deffo use it far more in the winter. Rarely in the summer.

Maybe roast some carby veg like carrots and parsnips to snack on? If you boil the carrots in a strong stock first they're even more amazing! I love carrots.. need to buy some more after I eat my morrisons haul haha :p

for sweet stuff meringue nest, squirty cream and mixed berries. Amazing and the sharpness of the berries makes it even more satisfying. :)

there's one for a tenner in argos :) and one for £14 that looks better.. could get one of those? x

I normally get my hungriest in the evening as well! Just edit it if you have any more syns :D

I might have a look at it on payday thanks MC!

Had a nice day full of playtime with Reece today- hes been so playful and wanting cuddles! Also thinking hes having a period of separation anxiety as hes been really clingy- I cant even wee on my own without him crying and hanging on to my legs! Hoping it passes by the time he starts nursery in September!

Todays food-
B: Nothing.
L: Pasta drenched in my homemade superfree tomato sauce (tomatoes- tinned and passata, onions, celery, garlic, carrots and stock) with 40g reduced fat cheddar hexA. Plum. Satsuma.
D: Wotsits (multipack bag) 5syns. 2 mini meringues 2syns crumbled in a free yogurt. Nectarine.

Snacks: Special K chewy bar hexB. 2 x half syn jelly pots 1syn (made a sachet of sf jelly and it said 1/4 is 9 kcal. I made four pots so each is half a syn! Yay! I love jelly!) Free yogurt.
Drinks: Coke zero. 2 x cups of tea (sweetener and dashes of skimmed milk 1syn). Water.
Syn Total- 9syns

Not a lot of food today but feeling a little poop because of that time amd I'm sure the wedding tomorrow will make up for it! They're having 5 courses! Not including cake and the evening buffet! Yikes!

Eep good luck tomorrow!

Your lunch sounds really yummy :D I have a similar sauce cooking now but with mince for a bolognese :)

I didn't realise watsits were so low in syns.. however I couldn't keep a multi pack in because i would eat the LOT. eep!

And it's normal for kids to get like that :) he may cry like mad for his first half day at nursery, but he'll probably be fine on his second.. it was normally like that when I worked in a nursery at least. :)

Hoping you're well x

ForumRunner_20140809_122133.png

ForumRunner_20140809_122146.png

Pictures of me in my lovely dress ready for the wedding today :) Obvs im wearing control pants but still pretty pleased as I can see I look slimmer.

When im on my laptop I'll pop on a photo of me from the wedding just before I started SW- or click on my FB icon and it should take you to my page. My cover photo is from that wedding (I should be in a red and black dress)

Thanks MC!

The wedding was really good! Spent all night on the dancefloor so maybe I counteracted some of the naughtiness :p I still have numb toes and a strain type pain on my thigh.

Food wasnt too bad- I tried to be restrained, especially with the evening buffet.
Had a special k chewy bar and flavoured fizzy water whilst getting ready.

Unfortunately didn't eat anything else before the ceremony at 1:30 and we didnt get to the venue until 3:30 and they had canapés- I had a bite size pizza, mini beef burger, 2 salmon mousse on cucumber and a parma ham and fig canapé- but they were tiny.

The meal was at 5:30 and it was a tiny carrot and coriander amuse booch with a roll. Starter was asparagus wrapped with parma ham, a rocket salad and balsamic glaze. Main was chicken, a smear of white wine sauce, potatoes and veggies. Desert was delish! Sticky toffee cake with vanilla ice cream.

Had a couple of water biscuits with brie and onion chutney but avoided the evening hog and chicken roast with buns and loads of sauces and potato salad and coleslaw.

Of course there was booze. Had several glasses of prosecco and white wine... I wasnt drunk but was defo tispy!

Got home at half 3 in the morning and then had to be up by 10 to pick up Reece! Feeling shattered so having a flexi syn day as we're going to have a takeaway tonight to round off a good weekend and so I don't have to cook. Im having chinese so not the worst thing :) Aiming for less than 25syns today.

Have another wedding in 6 weeks and a hen do at the end of August but apart from those occasions I am going to be completely on plan! I need my two stone and am so close I can sniff it!

Back