A yummy (and happier and healthier) mummy - for good this time!

Sounds nice :) feast doesn't come up on the app are there any other ice creams they're close to?

Ill be sure to get some of those pasta n sauces, I missed all the special offers on batch roles! I think the £1 shop had them in before, 2 for a squid, but I'm not planning a trip in for a while.
Have a fab time tonight! Don't worry too much about all the syns- have a sensible day today and make sure you have something substantial before you go so you're less likely to be tempted with takeaway! But just enjoy yourself :) xx

Welcome Laura! Amd Rosiepops- as with Batchelors some do have syns (mainly the cheese ones to be expected) so make sure you double check as I'd hate to jepordise anyones losses!

Thank you :) I thought me and you where similar, I have little boy who's 2 in September and there's no excuses for being overweight now haha! How are you finding it? How much have you lost or would like to lose? Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Only just realised I forgot to WI this morning! H2B hates food shopping so we have to go early or he whines worse than Reece!! May have to change WI day to Sunday as I generally have more time in the morning to think!
I also work every other Saturday (once my bedding in period has finished) so Im thinking Sunday may be a better choice for me- already get depressed at work and if I have a gain I dont want to be rock bottom whilst dealing with the general publics crap!

I was very proud of myself last night- I ate before I went so I wasnt tempted to have a takeaway at the end of the night AND I declined on sharing bottles of wine so I could be more on top of what I was drinking :) I went over the normal allowance of syns for the day but I actually flexi-synned myself between 25-30 (a lot less than I would use when I go out for food and drinks but still allowing myself some fun!) and I didnt get near my flexi-syn amount! YAY!
On a bad note- I forgot to use my hexB :( I had an old recipe Alpen Light in my handbag incase I got peckish but I didnt feel the need.

Yesterdays food-
B: Nothing.
L: Spicy prawn and chorizo pasta (50g chorizo 3.5syns, pasta, tomatoes, prawns, chilli, onions). Nectarine.
D: Grilled chicken breast and bachelors rice with extra peas.

Snacks: 2 x light babybel part hexA. Grapes. Cherries.
Drinks: Cups of tea (sweetener and skimmed milk part hexA). Apple squash and soda. Water. 175ml dry white wine and soda 6syns. 250ml dry white wine and soda 8syns.
Syn Total - 17.5syns

Will update with todays food later :)

Thank you :) I thought me and you where similar, I have little boy who's 2 in September and there's no excuses for being overweight now haha! How are you finding it? How much have you lost or would like to lose? Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I know! When I had Reece I just kept saying I still had my baby weight and it was to be expected and as a new mum I couldnt be expected to lose it all as I had to focus on my newborn... Of course now he is 19 months old and I dont really have that excuse anymore (Reece is 2 in December so our boys are really close!)

Im finding SW okay- Ive done low calorie diets, food replacement diets and even tried the maple syrup diet for a few weeks (disgusting! I cant even look at maple syrup anymore!) and SW is the easiest to stick to. I enjoy moderate cooking so that makes it easier!

Ive almost lost 2 stone so far but I dont really have a goal finish- Id like to be considered within a healthy BMI and back to a max size 12-14 (rather than the firm 16 I am- although what spurred me to start was that I was pushing an 18 so Ive made some progress!).

Im getting married in April 2015 so thats my initial timescale but Im trying to consider SW a lifestyle change that I'll carry on with rather than a diet that I stop as soon as I hit a pre-defined target!

Went shopping today and ended up stocking up on cereal bars- if anyone shops at Tesco and likes the Special K chewy bars for a hexB then a pack of 4 is only £1 at the moment!

Todays food-
B: Nothing.
L: Homemade butternut squash soup (butternut squash, onions, stock, potato and garlic). Cherries. Nectarine.
D: Spicy prawn and chorizo pasta (60g chorizo 4syns, pasta, tomatoes, prawns, chilli, onions).

Snacks: Alpen light (old recipe hexB) Free yogurt. Banana. 4 x mini cadbury fingers 3syns.
Drinks: Costa small skinny vanilla latte (skimmed milk part hexA and syrup 2syns). Cups of tea (sweetener and skimmed milk part hexA). Pepsi max. Flavoured fizzy water.
Syn Total - 9syns

Will weigh tomorrow- wish me luck (although not holding out much hope- feeling a little like a heffer...)

Had a STS :( Seems to be my default thing at the moment.

Think I need less pasta and more salad- although salad doesn't fill me up as much :(

:-( I never know how to feel about a sts!
I don't know how your plates tend to be but could you cut down say the amount of pasta you have but have more sauce with it, thereby increasing your super free, lowering carbs but still coming away feeling full?
Also re salads, they never fill me either unless bulked out with either something meaty or some cold/room temp roast veg (or ideally both haha).
Hope this helps xx

Thanks Rosiepops!

Also thinking if Im going to have pasta for lunch or dinner then I'll have a large salad or portion of veggies for the alternative meal.

Need to look through some recipes for veggie side dishes rather than just boiled or cold...

Good plan, try to think about the veggie bit first then build around it. I eat mostly veggie so this comes relatively easily but it wasn't always the case!
Jacket potatoes are good because you can have a small potato then build around it with salad and veg, healthy and filling.
I swear by roasting vegetables but I know some people like to make a ratatouille type thing to have with meals to increase super free.
I get lost for ages looking through the recipe section on here so sure you'll find something to suit! Xx

So sorry about your STS :( Your week sounded really good to me!
All I can suggest is bulking out your pasta with more veg. tuna pasta salad? onions, a tin of sweet corn, grated carrot (nice refresher and if it's grated you don't feel the need to cook it) and chunks of cucumber, small chunks of peppers? can even add in some tomatoes! will change the flavour a bit but it works out well.
Eat some pickled things if you can first as they make you feel more full, if it's pickled veg it's free as well which makes it even better. :D

Disappointed with myself today- made a Sunday roast and had completely no self control with the stuffing... I absolutely LOVE sage and onion stuffing! My mum used to make two big packs up when she made a roast because Id easily demolish a whole pack of it by myself (as well as licking the bowl!) I always thought it was good for you but apparently its high in syn... But still no self control... *slaps wrist*

I have made myself a nice salad with leftover chicken for lunch tomorrow- although dreading work because I think Im going to be flung onto the phone lines and I reduced hours havent been suggested for this coming week. Not good and Im not sure the stress is going to help considering thats the reason I was off to begin with!

Todays food-
B: None.
L: Roast chicken dinner- chicken, a little bit of skin- estimating 3syns to be safe although it wasnt even a whole breast worth! 1 yorkshire pudding (batter was 5syns and made 6 and I used 1tsp oil per yorkshire so just under 3syns for my one) 5 x stuffing balls (pack was 20syns and made 10 balls so 10syns). SW roast potatoes. Carrots. Peas. Green beans. Brocolli.
D: None- stuffed from lunch!!

Snacks: The other 5 stuffing balls 10syns. 2 x babybel light part hexA. Special K Chewy Delight bar hexB. Teeny bit of mango. Grapes. Banana.
Drinks: Flavoured fizzy water. Pepsi max. Cups of tea (sweetener and skimmed milk part hexA). Water.
Syn Total - 26syns

Those silly stuffing balls!! Although they were worth it... Kinda. Only a little food remorse...

Lol it's funny the little things that we can't resist! I do like stuffing but maybe not 10 balls worth ;-)
At least you enjoyed it, and 26syns isn't that bad! Could you have your syns weekly this week and deduct from 105?
Sorry to hear you are dreading work :-( a friend of mine is under a lot of stress/pressure at work and its terrible to see, I really feel for you.
Hope it doesn't spoil your Sunday eve, and good that you're foodie prepared so its one less worry! Xx

Back