A yummy (and happier and healthier) mummy - for good this time!

sounds yummy! I'm jealous!
Just start afresh today and eat a bit extra super free to make up for it. :) I bet you enjoyed it!

Hello fellow slimming mummy. Fab ideas for me to copy of you :). Look foward to following your progress xx

Welcome to my diary Mamibare!! Good luck with your SW journey as well and I hope you find some ideas to help you. How old is/ are your little one(s)?

Back to work today- but had an eventful morning before that! H2B woke up and had a swollen and red eye- went to the doctors and hes got conjuctivitis but just glad it wasnt something more serious. Then rushed to work and forgot my desk key and pass to get into the building so I had a mini panic as I had none of my things to do my job and I was meant to take calls... Spoke to a different manager on my floor and he got me off the phone lines and calmed me down. Ive done this stupid job for 6 years and yet I am panicking like a newbie- I dont know whats wrong with me and I feel like an idiot about it...

Todays food-
B: Banana.
L: Leftover chicken salad (leftover roast chicken from last night, salad leaves, spring onions, radishes, celery and carrot) Free yogurt. Cherries. Satsuma.
D: Free mugshot. 60g WM roll hexB and 2 x light laughing cow cheese triangles 2.5syns. Mango. Blueberries. Strawberries.

Snacks: Free yogurt. Satsuma. Nectarine.
Drinks: Pret a Manger regular skinny vanilla latte (skimmed milk hexA and syrup 2syns). Flavoured fizzy water. Water.
Syn Total - 4.5syns

Had loads of superfree today (both fruit and veggies!), which is good :) But shouldve probably used more syns... But maybe it'll balance out with my high syn day yesterday!!

Thanks for the encouragement MC :)

Work wasnt much better today- I had a mini meltdown when I read my mid year review. Just the same thing again of me not going anywhere and my manager not putting me forward despite my experience. He even had the cheek to say that since I am now part time I should expect that my progression will be paused... I almost punched him and I am not a violent person!

My department are having team changes within the next month so hopefully I'll get a different and much nicer manager! Cross your fingers for me!

Food wise, today was pretty good. I barely ate whilst I was at work which wasnt great but then as soon as I ate one thing this evening I wanted to eat the earth! Tut tut. I guess thats what happens when your body starves during the day!

Todays food-
B: A few blueberries and grapes.
L: Satsuma. Apricot. Nectarine.
D: Roast chicken and salad leaf sandwich (leftover roast chicken, salad leaves, 60g WM bread hexB, 2tbsp extra light mayo 2syns) Blueberries. Strawberries. Tesco cheese curl crisps 4.5syns.

Snacks: 1 sugarfree werthers original 0.5syn. Satsuma. Free mugshot.
Drinks: Starbucks medium skinny caramel latte (skimmed milk hexA and syrup 2syns) Water.
Syn Total - 9syns

My apologies to my diary friends- I feel like all I do is moan about work :(

I am usually a lot more interesting I swear!

Don't be daft! We all need to vent- sounds like you have very good reason to :-( have you thought about looking for work elsewhere? I know it's a big step but whilst you are in work there's little harm in looking (discreetly). Fingers crossed a new manager is kind and supportive- as they should be!!
Good food day today too :) crikey I know what you mean- I hardly ate until lunchtime then there was no stopping me lol.
Hope tomorrow is a brighter day work-wise xx

Edited to add: do you ever/often feel hungry? I can see you snack on yummy fruit but having a quick scroll back through a couple of days food you really don't eat much! A mugshot and cheese triangle sandwich for tea, chicken salad sandwich.. I know it wouldn't sustain me personally. Wonder if it might be the cause of your STS? Xx

Don't worry about venting about work! It's better to talk about it here than to crack at work and actually punch someone in the face, lol ;)
hmm your buttie sounds nice!

MC- the best thing about making a Sunday roast is having leftover chicken for a couple of days!

Rosiepops- when I work I've definitely found I eat less. I'm not hungry (maybe that's the stress) so just snack on the fruit I take with me.
At the moment when I get home its manic with getting Reece ready for bed and a little bit of play time and when I go back to my late shifts it'll be almost 9 before I get home and I don't like eating that late.

I only work Monday and Tuesday (plus an odd Saturday) so the rest of the week I have time to cook and relax as well as playing with Reece so I eat proper meals again.

Not much to say about today- a lot less stressed as Im not at work. Had a lot of playtime with Reece, which always puts me in a great mood :) He has been in a majorly playful and giggly mood so I mustve burned some calories running around after him and throwing him around!

Todays food-
B: Banana (am trying to make sure I am eating in the morning so I dont scoff later on in the day- even if it is just a piece of fruit)
L: Leftover roast chicken pasta salad (leftover chicken, salad leaves, pasta, radishes, cherry tomatoes, spring onions, celery, carrot and free dressing). Free yogurt. Half a mango.
D: 3 x light choices sausages 3syns, baked beans, carrot and potato mash (added 10g light spread 2syns)

Snacks: Faux "banoffee" (chopped banana and free toffee yogurt- I wanted something biscuity with it but cant justify the syns!) Half a mango. 2 x light babybels part hexA. Ryvita minis hexB. 2 x sugarfree werthers originals 1syn.
Drinks: Cups of tea (sweetener and skimmed milk part hexA also had one with 1tsp sugar 1syn- playgroup!) Apple squash and soda. Butterscotch Options 2syns (39kcal one).
Syn Total - 9syns

Pleased with the amount of superfree today- I took advice from here and turned my salad into a pasta salad to make it more filling, and it was delicious! Plus I planned to have the sausages with mash but there was a lack of superfree so I added 2 carrots into the mash :) And it was yum!

Hahaha MC! I would totally throw a strop if I couldnt find extra light mayo now I know its half the syns of the "light" version!! And I got a little grumpy recently when Tesco didnt have Light Babybel- only regular ones... Its important to us as slimmers!

A bit ashamed of myself today- I just havent been able to stop eating. Felt ravenous all day for some reason and my portion sizes have not been slimming world friendly (although I know they dont bang on about portion sizes but the diet part of my brain cant switch off that I need to eat smaller meals).

Todays food-
B: Nectarine.
L: 2 x tuna melts (2 x slice of WM bread hexB, tinned tuna mixed with 4tbsp extra light mayo 2syns topped with 40g reduced fat cheddar hexA) Grapes. Banana. Mango.
D: BIG portion of ham & pasta salad (ham, pasta, salad leaves, celery, cherry tomatoes, spring onions, radish and free dressing)

Snacks: Free yogurt. 1/4 gingerbread man 2syns. 1/2 sausage 2syns. Grapes. Melon.
Drinks: Costa medium skinny ice vanilla latte (skimmed milk extra hexA so 6.5syns, syrup 2syns) 1 x cup of tea (sweetener and dash of skimmed milk 0.5syn) Apple squash and soda. Flavoured fizzy water.
Syn Total - 15syns

Those darn leftovers!! *slaps myself* And I forgot to write down my hexA after I had my Costa drink so I made my tuna melts and then realised I had already used it so had to have two! Oops! Must remember to keep paper diary upto date!!

And I have a party at my Friday playgroup tomorrow- its held at a nursery and its for the end of term... I will try and resist the party delights (even though I am taking mini sausage rolls! Groan!)

if you make sure you have 1/3 of the plate as super free then don't worry about eating more! I sometimes pick all day on food i bulk make, or have 2nds.. :)

Phew thanks for that MC :) I do worry when I make a recipe and it says its for 4 people and I only dish out 3 portions!! But Im being a lot more conscious of the superfree on my plate, especially seems as my losses have started to slow and I still have a lot of weight to lose. Since starting SW Ive always snacked on fruit so Ive been hoping Im getting my third superfree through that but I think that may be cheating the system a little :p

Despite the heat, Ive been really fancying something like an apple crumble and custard... Are there any low syn or SW friendly recipes of that?!!

Todays food-
B: Nectarine.
L: Homemade butternut squash soup (loads of superfree and in that!) Banana. 2 x babybel lights part hexA. Satsuma.
D: Tesco tomato and onion pasta n sauce- wasnt overly hungry and couldnt be bothered to cook! Made with water and 10g light spread 2syns.

Snacks: Plum. Nectarine. Blueberries. Ryvita minis hexB. I also had a slice of homemade sponge cake with a small amount of buttercream filling at the playgroup end-of-term party. Guestimating at 10syns as it wasnt a huge piece...
Drinks: Cups of tea (sweetener and skimmed milk part hexA). Apple squash and soda. Flavoured fizzy water.
Syn Total - 12syns

I couldnt resist that cake!! Argh so angry with myself- but I enjoyed it!! And a friend at the playgroup said I look like Ive lost loads of weight so that pleased me :) So of course I celebrated with cake... *facepalm*

There's banana and custard muller light, chop up an apple (don't cook or you'll have to syn) and you could beat up two alpen light bars for the biscuity bit? Should be syn free if you use alpens as hexb. No idea what it will taste like as I made that up off the top of my head :)

Hello, sorry been busy.
I have 2yr old twin boys ?
Work sounds horrible for you.
I read you had a Starbucks, if you have the sugar free syrup it's free ? so you can save the 2 syns
Xx

WOW twins!! That must be a handful- especially with the terrible twos!! Reece isnt even two yet and he is already there with the tantrums and bratty behaviour. I always thought Id want twins- until I had my hands ful with just one :p

No need to apologise! Hope youve been busy with fun times :)

I have always thought about sugar free syrup when I have my coffees but Im a little fussy with them (H2B is conviced I am a coffee addict and need to join a group or something!! I gave up (well, I went decaff!) when I was pregnant so it obvs isnt just the caffiene!). I only like vanilla from Costa and they dont do sugarfree vanilla (only caramel) and I only have caramel from Starbucks (and they only do sugarfree vanilla...)
I can cope with the couple of syns! Its the use of a hexA that I struggle with as I also love cheese!!

Lots of fruit today seems as Saturday is shopping day and I have my stocks back up!! Also had a look in the Next sale and bought a new top- I was brave and went for a size 14 *crosses fingers it fits now and not a long time in the future!*
Im quite busty but I dont mind things snug over that area but I hate tops being snug around my stomach (as with most ladies!). The top is designed to be a looser fit so I have hope :)

Todays food-
B: Nothing (out the house early or H2B moans like crazy about being in the supermarket when its busy!)
L: Egg and bacon sandwich (2 x slices from 400g WM loaf hexB, egg fried in frylight, bacon with no fat, 2 tbsp tomato ketchup 2syns) Free yogurt. Banana. Satsuma.
D: Smoked salmon and potato salad (smoked salmon, new potatoes, salad lettuce, radish, spring onions, bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, celery, cucumber and free dressing)

Snacks: Cherries. 2 x Cadbury fingers 2.5syns. Blueberries. Strawberries.
Drinks: Costa medium skinny vanilla latte (skimmed milk hexA and syrup 2syns). Cherry pepsi max. Flavoured fizzy water.
Syn Total - 6.5syns

Lots of superfree fruit and definitely more than a third of my dinner was superfree :) Weigh in day tomorrow and feeling a little bloated... Not a good sign. Also crossing fingers it passes by tomorrow :)

Back