A yummy (and happier and healthier) mummy - for good this time!

Thanks MC- I may invest in a pedometer (think that was the word you were looking for!) as I always think I do no exercise but I'm sure I'd be surprised!

I already throw Reece around and chase him around the house/ garden/ park/ wherever as well- he is an active little boy!!

I may try the hide and seek but unsure if he'd understand the concept of staying still for long enough- plus at his age I wouldn't want him going up and down the stairs on his own.

Boo at housework!! That's evil exercise!!

Last edited:
Not much to say about today, as it's been a pretty lazy one!

Annoyingly H2B has to work tomorrow on the bank holiday so struggling to think of something for me and little mister to do (I currently don't drive so it definitely limits us!) He's been very restless today so I think he needs a change of scenery for at least the morning. Plus it's meant to tip it down with rain so limits us even further!!

Todays food-
B: Half a banana.
L: Sunday Roast! Yum!! Roast chicken (I did have skin from one breast and a thigh- not sure on weight so going to say 6syns...? Might be over synning but I haven't had many today so I should still be under) SW roast potatoes. Babycorn. Carrots. Green beans. 2 x 1syn yorkshire puddings 2syns (used a silicone muffin tray to bake and although they dome so are not the usual shape, they taste delish, don't stick and no oil!) Cauliflower cheese (50g philadelphia light part hexA, stock, onions and cauliflower topped with 25g reduced fat cheddar 4syns- delish!!!)
D: None! Still full from lunch!

Snacks: A few grapes. Spare roast potato.
Drinks: Cups of tea (sweetener and skimmed milk part hexA). Coke zero. Water.
Syn Total- 12syns

Well done on your two stone! I am going to try your cauliflower cheese too. I only like raw cauliflower or cauliflower in cauliflower cheese so it will be nice to have a healthy version of it.

I hope you enjoy the cauliflower cheese ladies!!

I adapted it from the philadelphia website as all the SW recipes had quark in (which I don't like much) or were higher in syn as they used flour.

When I make it again I'll probably use my whole hexA of philadelphia light (75g) so its a bit more saucy :)

My recipe in full-
*Par-boil the cauliflower and leave to drain so there's no water.
*Fry onions until softened.
*Add philadelphia until melted.
*Stir in a splash of stock (about 25ml) until combined into a nice sauce.
*Add cauliflower and transfer into an oven proof dish.
*Cover with extra cheddar (optional but yummy!) and bake for 20mins until cheese is melted and browned, and cauliflower is warmed through.

sounds yum!

Thank you for the proper recipe. I probably would have just made up the sauce and put it on the cauliflower in the oven which might have gone a bit wrong. Definitely going to make that the next time I have a roast dinner. Mmmm

You're welcome ladies!! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!! I've used a similar sauce for a potato topped chicken pie as well (oddly with the chicken and spinach it doesn't taste as cheesy!)

Went to the shopping mall today and wondered around aimlessly! A lot of pushing Reece around. Only ended up buying a book, some trousers for Reece and a present for a 2 year olds birthday party on the weekend! Kinda pointless but it got us out of the house!

Todays food-
B: Half a banana.
L: 1 x M&S sushi snack pack 0.5syn. Raspberries. Blueberries. Walkers Pops (single bag size) 5syns.
D: Spicy prawn and chorizo pasta (60g chorizo 4syns, tinned tomatoes, prawns, pasta, onion and chilli)

Snacks: Banana. Chicken salad sandwich (60g WM bread hexB, leftover roast chicken, lettuce, 2tbsp lighter than light mayo 1syn). 2 x milky way magic stars 0.5syn (I actually weighed 2 and they were 2g. 100g is 555kcal so 2g is 11kcal hence 0.5syn!).
Drinks: Costa medium skinny vanilla latte (skimmed milk hexA and syrup 3syns). Boots shapers tropical drink. Water. 2 x cups of tea (sweetener and dashes of skimmed milk 1syn).
Syn Total- 15syns

hmm I may have to get some chocolate stars if they're that low in syn! Only problem is I will eat the whole bag lol. :D

Sounds like a really yummy day food wise. I want to make my own sushi that's syn free because I like using my syns on snacks, haha.

What happened to the other half of your breakfast banana? :p

Haha Reece tends to only want banana if I have one! So we share. He does share his Wotsits and Magic stars with me too though!!

I think the whole little bag of Magic stars was around 180kcal so 9syns- but there was A LOT in there. I managed to spread one bag out for three different treats for Reece.

I'd love to make my own sushi (as you can guess from my diary I do love some sushi!!)
I'm just scared that I'd buy the stuff and never use it again or mine would taste yuk and it'd be a waste.
This is on the basis that I'd need to buy loads of new things to make it of course and that my basic store cupboard of ingredients wouldn't suffice.

haha it's good you weighed them. :D

And yeah that's why I haven't made it yet either as I think everything will just stay in the cupboards, lol

I've got a new oriental supermarket opening right by my work so hoping I can find some sushi goodies in there at reasonable prices... Maybe! Although it looks quite genuine so I probably wont be able to read any of the packets :p

I've had a bad tummy again today- starting to get a little concerned so I've made an appointment with the doctor. I'm doubting its SW as its only just started and I've been following SW since April. Appointment isn't until next Wednesday.

Work day so food is sporadic and an odd combination!

Todays food-
B: A couple of slices of ready cooked turkey (snacking whilst making my lunch!)
L: Turkey and lettuce sandwich (60g WM bread hexB, turkey, lettuce, 2tbsp lighter than light mayo 1syn) Satsuma. Banana.
D: Nothing. Didn't get home until almost 9pm and wasn't hungry with a poorly tummy.

Snacks: Pops (non multipack) 5syns. Small Dairy Milk bar 110kcal 5.5syns. Nectarine. Plum. Grapes. Satsuma.
Drinks: Starbucks medium skinny caramel latte (skimmed milk hexA and syrup 3syns) Water. 1 x cup of tea (sweetener and dash of skimmed milk 0.5syn)
Syn Total- 15syns

:-( hope your tummy settles- hopefully the doc will know what the problem is. Maybe not sw related but could it be something you've eaten? Have a scroll back through your diary, maybe its an intolerance?
The oriental supermarket here is really cheap! All the packets are in foreign but the price labels say what the items are which is quite handy :) hope its good! Xx

Thanks again ladies. Its feeling a lot better today. One of my friends mentioned that it could also be related to stress, which would make sense in some instances (like work!) but it flares up when Im not working as well so Im still going to check with the doctor.

My usual Wednesday playdate friend came over mine this morning and OMG I never realised the amount of destruction that two toddlers can do!! My house looked like a bomb had gone off with toys and snacks everywhere!! Was so cute seeing them play and (eventually) share! Reece was a bit put out that he had to share his toys to begin with but after a few minutes he was passing things to his little girly friend! Reece even went as far as to give her a kiss!! TOO CUTE!!
But all the tidying up afterwards is bound to count towards some body-magic!! Ive vacuumed the downstairs twice today!!

Todays food-
B: Nothing.
L: 2 x egg and bacon sandwiches (2 x 60g WM bread hexB and 6syns, flylight fried eggs, bacon with no fat, 2tbsp tomato ketchup 2syns). Peach. Apple.
D: Tesco value pollock in cream cheese sauce 1syn. Cauliflower cheese (75g light philli hexA, onions, cauliflower, stock topped with 25g reduced fat cheddar 4syns) Roasted cherry tomatoes.

Snacks: Raspberries. Mango. Free yogurt. Plum.
Drinks: Cups of tea (sweetener and 100ml skimmed milk 2syns). Flavoured fizzy water.
Syn Total - 15syns

Dress shopping tomorrow!! Im so excited and nervous! A little annoyed with my maid of honor/ chief bridesmaid though, as she seems more concerned with us looking for her dress at the boutiques rather than finding mine, which is obviously a lot more important (without sounding too much like a bridezilla!)
Im sure it will be fine though :) Need to get my spanx out though so I dont just see loads of lumps and bumps!!

I'm so excited for you!! Honestly do not worry about lumps and bumps. The fabrics, cut and fit are so flattering, I'd be worried that you would get hot and flustered in spanx?!
Hmm chief bridesmaid might just be excited to be part of your big day, but certainly needs to take a back seat until you are sorted!
Can't wait to hear all about it xx
Ps Reece's play date sounds so sweet :)

This may be a bit of an overshare but if you are wearing serious hold in knickers of the spanx kind and have a flouncy kind of dress it is really hard to go to the loo as wrestling the dress is a challenge as it is :ashamed0005:- I wasn't too hot though and I got married in September on a really hot day.

Back