A yummy (and happier and healthier) mummy - for good this time!

Aw Lisa :-( I have to admit I know exactly how you're feeling. After I shook off that ear infection I started with a cold, and I've not been 100% since. I'd say I'm about 70%?
I was talking to some students I was teaching yesterday and a few said the same so I think there must be some horrid bugs about.
Very low syn day though- are you planning to keep it like that or maybe go over one day?
Like you said 10syns might be the magic number for you! Don't go too low :) xx

Thanks Snow!

Urgh that's rubbish Rosie :( Hope you feel better soon.
No reason for syns being so low at the moment- just not hungry due to this cold/ flu bug. Although once im feeling better my appetite will go crazy and I'll eat everything in sight!!

Im working this weekend (first one since new year!) so tempted to have a takeaway on Saturday if im feeling better- possibly a chinese despite the syns now being horrendous!

How's your day been Lisa? Hope you're feeling more human! Boo to working at the weekend but a takeaway will be a nice treat :)
Im in two minds about the syns changing- i think they've changed the portion sizes in the book which makes it look more (obvs cos more food) but also upped them in general. I'm sticking with the old ones personally- I've even weighed a standard portion from my local Indian to calculate it correctly and its never harmed my losses (that's what wine is there for!)
So I'd say just have what has worked for you in the past and bear in mind you might have a few 'banked' syns. Oh and don't WI the day after lol x

Day has been okay thanks Rosie. Went out to playgroup with Reece (lovely although he got a bit bratty over the sharing of toys! Hoping he gets out of this phase very quickly!) Got some fresh air which made me feel better but exhausted again!!

Finally finished the evening wedding invites! The stationary is almost all done (just the dreaded table plan to figure out!) so thats a relief.

I agree with you about the takeaway portions! My local chinese doesn't seem too bad with the use of oil and surely that's the only syns in a chow mein! And the new syns pretty much make it worse than having a burger or a KFC!!

Todays food (green day- AGAIN!!)-
B: Nothing.
L: 250g gnocchi 4.5syns in a tomato sauce (tinned tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, garlic and 60g reduced fat cheddar hexA1+part hexA2)
D: Weetabix oaty bar hexB1. Satsuma. Yogurt.

Snacks: Half a banana. Satsuma.
Drinks: Cups of tea (1 with 1tsp sugar 1syn and the rest with sweetener and skimmed milk part hexA2). Flavoured fizzy water.
Syn Total- 5.5syns

Just realised i forgot to have my second hexB :(

Ahh sounds good overall! I've been doing evening invites today too, coincidence :) we're going to choose our wedding bus tomorrow too! Its all weddings go at the mo lol.
Surely a Chinese can't be that bad- if your local takeaway speaks English well you could always ask them to use less oil? Its a bit hit & miss at mine- there's one girl that is fluent but her mum doesn't understand special requests! Xx

Haha definitely a coincidence- although also shows how behind i am considering your wedding is 2 months later than mine!

A wedding bus?!

Lol I was getting a bit stressed with time scales so thought I'd have a day yesterday of doing stuff I could to calm it a bit!
Yes we decided to hire a vintage bus to transport our guests to the wedding venue, then from the venue to the evening reception (since their in different places, and who wants to drive at a wedding? Taxis would be pricey too).
I'll pop a pic on my diary later if I'm allowed to take one! X

Horrible rainy day today so had a day of trying to entertain Reece indoors! Obviously I wasnt very good at it because he kept trying to put on his shoes and open the front door whilst I was sat there covered in play dough/ paint/ glue and bits of paper (delete as appropriate!)

Green again today- still feeling unwell so only been fancying things like pasta or bread or cheese so green seems the way to go!

Todays food (green day)-
B: Half a banana.
L: 60g WM toast hexB1 topped with 50g phili light part hexA1. Yogurt. Mango.
D: Bachelors cheese n brocolli pasta n sauce made with 100ml skimmed milk 2syns with extra brocolli and 40g reduced fat cheddar hexA2.

Snacks: Quarter/ half a digestive 1syn. Couple of chocolate raisins 2syns. 2 x alpen light hexB2. Yogurt. Satsuma. Asda G&C crisps 4.5syns.
Drinks: Cups of tea (sweetner and skimmed milk part hexA1). Pepsi max cherry. Water.
Syn Total- 9.5syns

A bit higher today due to nibbling on Reece's leftovers :(

Migraine is back with a vengeance and h2b offered to pay for takeaway and i just dont have the strength to resist. Of course it means i wont have the planned one tomorrow after work.

Todays food (EE day)-
L: 60g WM toast hexB topped with 50g philadelphia light 4syns. Yogurt. Satsuma.
D: Quarter pounder cheeseburger. Chips. Sharing some garlic bread with h2b.

Snacks: None.
Drinks: Medium skinny mocha (skimmed milk hexA and cocoa 3syns). 3 x cups of tea (sweetener and dashes of skimmed milk 1.5syns) Pepsi max cherry.
Syn Total- 8.5syns plus a takeaway

Thanks Rosie- it was still hurting and work was really busy but i made it through!

Yesterdays food (EE day)-
L: Mango. Yogurt. Grapes. Ryvita minis hexB.
D: 3 x Tesco light choices sausages 3syns. Scrambled egg. Beans. McCain hash browns 5syns.

Snacks: Yogurt. Banana. Satsuma. Handful of Wotsits 2syns.
Drinks: Cups of tea (sweetener and skimmed milk part hexA) Pepsi max cherry. Glass of skimmed milk part hexA.
Syn Total- 10syns

What? Really? But you've been so good! Not that it's a huge gain or anything, but I still would have guessed you'd have a loss. Hmm.
I wonder if your body had been doing something like storing energy, or boosting reserves while you've been unwell.
I bet you'll have a big loss next week instead! Hope you're feeling better now x

I can hope it was something like that Moonbeam- I've found before that i lose better if i stick around the 10syns mark but thought going lower wouldn't have an adverse effect, especially considering im close(ish) to target.

Didn't update yesterday as was once again in bed early- such a rock star :p

Yesterdays food (EE day)-
B: Half a banana.
L: Tomato mugshot. Cheese sandwich (2 x light cow triangles part hexA, 60g WM bread hexB). Mango.
D: 2 x cod in butter sauce 4syns. Mashed potato and carrots. Green beans, broccoli and more carrot.

Snacks: Asda G&C crisps 4.5syns. Banana. 2 x yogurts. Half a satsuma. Light cow triangle part hexA.
Drinks: Cups of tea (sweetener and skimmed milk part hexA) Diet orangeade. Water.
Syn Total- 8.5syns

Todays food (EE day)-
B: Half a satsuma.
L: Sainsbury ravioli. Ryvita minis hexB. Banana.
D: 3 x Tesco light choices sausages 3syns. Cauliflower cheese (75g phili light hexA, onion, cauliflower topped with 25g reduced fat cheddar 4syns) Roasted cherry tomatoes and bell peppers.

Snacks: Yogurt. Satsuma. Small handful of raisins 2syns.
Drinks: 4 x cups of tea (sweetener and skimmed milk 2syns). Pepsi max cherry. Water.
Syn Total- 11syns

Yesterdays food (Green day)-
L: 40g reduced fat cheddar hexA1 and marmite sandwich 60g WM bread hexB1. Yogurt. Satsuma. Banana.
D: 2 x yogurts. Wotsits 4.5syns. Grapes. Satsuma.

Snacks: 40kcal M&S biscuit 2syns. 2 x Alpen light bars hexB2. Mango. Kiwi.
Drinks: 3 x cups of tea (sweetener and skimmed milk 1.5syns) "Mocha" (coffee, 1/2 sachet options 1syn, dash of milk 0.5syn) Water. Starbucks medium skinny caramel latte (skimmed milk hexA2 and SF syrup)
Syn Total- 9.5syns

Back