A yummy (and happier and healthier) mummy - for good this time!

Thanks Rosie!

First day back at work- was supervising so was a little easier than being thrown into taking calls straight away.

I am over syn by one or two (will do my final total in a second) but i was angelic compared to how I've been lately! It felt good to be back on plan- i feel heavier and its not nice.

Todays food (green day)-
B: Nothing.
L: Cheese sandwich (60g WM bread hexB1, 2 x laughing cow extra light triangles part hexA1 and cherry tomatoes) Mango. Kiwi. Yogurt. 2 x Alpen light bars hexB2.
D: Mugshot. 2 x small bits of garlic bread 4.5syns. Yogurt. Strawberries. Grapes.

Snacks: Puft 3.5syns. Pop chips 5syns. Sainsbury sushi rolls 2syns. Orange. Apple. Jelly 0.5syn.
Drinks: Starbucks medium skinny caramel latte (skimmed milk hexA2 and SF syrup). Water. Cup of tea (sweetener and skimmed milk 0.5syn).
Syn Total- 16syns

Today i have eaten like a pig- just haven't been able to stop! Managed to make some SW choices though so thats a bonus compared to scoffing crisps like i would've last week!

Todays food (EE day)-
L: Porridge (35g oats hexB and 180ml skimmed milk part hexA). Mugshot. Carrot sticks. 2 x boiled eggs. Grapes.
D: Chicken breast coated in schwartz seasoning. Roasted tomatoes, onions and baby potatoes.

Snacks: Yogurt. Banana. 2 x boiled eggs. Ham. Small slice of banana bread guestimate 10syns?
Drinks: Cups of tea (1 with 1tsp sugar 1syn, rest with sweetener and skimmed milk part hexA) Options hot chocolate 2syns. Flavoured fizzy water. Water.
Syn Total- 13syns

Feeling so tired and weird today- had the shakes and felt really unstable. Not nice at all.
Think totm may have something to do with it since they are coinsiding- maybe my iron levels are a little low :( And im blaming that for my adding on a tub of ben and jerrys plus a jamaican ginger cake/ custard onto my online shopping as well!!
Im going to be on plan for meals but i will be indulging in my sweet treats over the weekend (hubby is on a stag weekend so its just me and my little munchkin- although i have work on Saturday. Major dislike.)

Todays food (EE day)-
L: 2 x tuna melt (60g WM bread hexB, tuna mixed with 4tbsp lighter than light mayo 2syns, 2 x light cheese slices 4syns) Strawberries. Grapes. Banana.
D: 3 x Tesco light choices sausages 3syns. Roasted cherry tomatoes, onions and potatoes.

Snacks: Yogurt. Banana. Orange. Jaffa cake 2.5syns. Blueberries.
Drinks: 4 x cups of tea (sweetener and skimmed milk 2syns). Generic mocha (skimmed milk hexA and cocoa 3syns). Options 2syns. SF orange squash.
Syn Total- 18.5syns

Over again but im not too concerned- using this week to ease myself back into the plan!!

That's a tasty food day! As you said, no need to be too strict on yourself, you've got sw in mind which is a great start!
Love Jamaica ginger cake, haven't had it for ages!
Hope you manage to have a nice weekend despite work, and feel better! I've had that the shaky/unstable feeling before and it was my sugars crashing if it could be anything to do with that? Xx

Thanks Rosie!!

Woke up with a terrible headache and feeling pretty blah :( Just a day in with my munchkin in my jogging bottoms!! Hoping i haven't got a bug thats going around- although that generally starts with cold/ flu symptoms (followed by severe vomiting and diarrhea) and i dont have that!

Could be sugar-crash related too! Hadnt even thought about that.

Thought I'd change my profile pic to a wedding one- love my dress!! Such a shame that its just sat in my spare bedroom in its bag :(

Hi Lisa. :D

Sorry for not popping in, I don't really come on all to much lately.

Just wanted to say a big congratulations on your wedding! I'm sorry that it didn't all go to plan, but I'm sure your new photos will be lovely. :)

Hope you're feeling better now. :)

Btw your new pic looks absolutely beautiful! :D xx

Thanks MC :)

The least said about yesterday the better but Im going to write it down (without all the syns as I havent a clue!)

Yesterdays food (EE day)-
L: Nutella bready 5syns (got them from Rome!) Jacobs Oddities 5.5syns. Strawberries. Blueberries. Banana. 2 x alpen lights hexB.
D: 3 x light choices sausages 3syns. Cauliflower cheese (75g philli light hexA, cauliflower, onions, 25g reduced fat cheddar 4syns). Roasted cherry tomatoes.

Snacks: Apple. 1/2 jamaican ginger cake with low sugar custard (a million syns) WHOLE 500ml tub of ben and jerrys... Was delicious though and I couldnt stop myself- even with the brain freeze! I had a limited edition flavour- banana ice cream with caramel swirls, cookie dough and chocolate peace signs!
Drinks: 4 x cups of tea (sweetner and skimmed milk 2syns) Water. SF orange squash.
Syn Total - MILLIONS :(

I know how hard it is to resist ben and jerrys! I only let myself have it when I'm ill and can't stomach anything else as I also can't stop lol!

I would say just write off yesterday and try to stay on plan today :)

That favour sounds absolutely lush!

I hope I never see that flavour because I would love it (and I also love the jamaican ginger cake) I can easily eat a whole one - in fact in my bad days I used to buy one and eat it like a chocolate bar out of the packet not even slicing it - how bad is that. You made good choices in your meals though so as MC says get back on plan now and don't stress about the whups day.

Saturday and Sunday werent much better than Friday. Again most of my meals were SW friendly but i binged a little on naughtiness- including jaffa cakes and some celebrations... And a Pizza Hut last night.

But i weighed yesterday morning (back in the routine) and despite my bad weekend food and totm id lost a pound!! Down to 12st 7lb :)

Todays food (EE day)-
L: Coffee shop sandwich- mexican tuna (WM bread hexB+2syns, tuna in mexican dressing approx 3syns, red pepper, cucumber and onion)
D: Mugshot. Mango and kiwi. Yogurt. Space raiders 3syns.

Snacks: Yogurt. Banana. 2 x satsuma. Popchips 5syns. Plum.
Drinks: Water. 2 x cups of tea (sweetener and skimmed milk 1syn). Starbucks medium skinny iced caramel latte (skimmed milk hexA and SF syrup).
Syn Total- 14syns

Hmmm that is the question Rosie!! It'll keep though- unlike my other totm cravings for cake and pastries!

L: Coffee shop sandwich- thai chicken (WM bread hexB+2syns, chicken in dressing 3syns, red pepper, cucumber and onion). Mango and kiwi.
D: Mugshot. Yogurt. Satsuma. Grapes. Space raiders 3syns.

Snacks: Yogurt. Space raiders 3syns. Satsuma. Pear x 2.
Drinks: 2 x cups of tea (sweetener and skimmed milk 1syn) Water. Diet orangeade. Costa medium skinny iced vanilla latte (skimmed milk hexA and half syrup 2syns)
Syn Total- 14syns

Well done on your pound off! :D

I wouldn't be able to have ice cream in my house. It would all go.
However the low syn stuff is happy to sit in the freezer.. I've had some mini twisters since last summer because when I'm in an ice cream mood i go out and buy a cornetto instead!

I also really want to try those new magnums..

Well done on your loss Lisa. I couldn't have ice cream I like in. Too tempting. I buy store brand mint choc chip icecream for my OH (I actually love mint ice cream if you could get it on it's own which you can't but don't like the dark chocolate chips in choc chip)

I've got some mini twisters in too MC- I did like them but forgot about them and now they are all ice crystally and not nice so they get ignored haha.

Thanks ladies!!

Oooh mini twisters sound good- how many syns are they? I always have a twister if im out and about and fancy ice cream. Ive heard the big ones aren't too bad for syns either.

I have mini milks in my freezer for low syn summer days! And a bag of frozen fruits. Hubby loves choc ices so we always have them too but I'm not a fan thankfully!

A bit rusty at updating every evening!! Oops.

Had masses of superfree yesterday- i made some SW coleslaw and intended to make it last 3/4 portions... Except it was so delicious i ate over half of it! But mainly veg anyway! Whole mix was white cabbage, red onion, radishes, carrots, 3 tbsp wholegrain mustard 1.5syns, 3 tbsp EL mayo and 5 tbsp fat free fromage frais (plus generous amount of seasoning).
Also didn't realise how much more i wanted to eat all this veg when I'd popped it through the food processor and it was sliced

L: WM toast hexB topped with 25g philadelphia light part hexA and ham. Space raiders 3syns. 2 x oranges. Apple.
D: Chicken breast coated in schwartz seasoning. Roasted veggie medley (potatoes, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers and onion). Coleslaw 1.5syns.

Snacks: Yogurt. Space raiders 3syns. Small bite of rock cake (at toddler group) 3syns? Grapes. Satsuma.
Drinks: Cups of tea (1 with 1tsp sugar 1syn, the rest with sweetener and skimmed milk part hexA) Flavoured fizzy water. SF orange squash.
Syn Total - 11.5syns

They're 2 syns each according to app, but the calories are so close to 2.5 that I prefer to play it safe and syn them at 2.5 instead. :) (Unless I want that extra half a syn and cheat, lol!!)

Your Coleslaw sounds amazing! I may have to copy you :D
Other food also sounds good.. hmmm..
I Want rock cake now, though :p

Snow, mine are also crystally lol!
I took one out of the freezer and gave it to the dogs yesterday as it was so hot! I had a 1 syn push up ice lolly instead.. Which the dogs also got because I couldn't decide if I liked it or not. Haha! I love the walking bins ;)

I'm glad mc remember as I had no idea and mine aren't even in the box to check the calories as I chucked that as it was taking up room - they are just languishing squashed and crystally at the bottom of the freezer drawer. I do like the triangle shaped push up lollies that are one syn but only certain flavours cola and stawberry are nice, cherry is my fav but you hardly see it and the orange tastes of sweetner.

Back