Aaaargh! trying really hard and getting nowhere!

I am so frustrated right now. I joined the gym 2 and a half weeks ago on a 21 days for £21 offer. Now I have actually been very good and been going on average 5 times a week (this week it was 5 times, but i did 2 classes back to back yesterday - so 6 hrs of exercise). Great you would think... only the scales havent been going down at all :( and today they even show me as up 1lb! :cry:

I really do NOT understand it. I am eating around 1000 - 1500 a day and on a bad day like yesterday I had 2000ish calories as we went to a childrens tea party and I had 2 cupcakes with butter icing (but remember i burned somewhere between 1000 - 1200 calories anyways in the gym so I should still be well balanced).

So WHY am I not losing weight :sigh: I just dont get it. OH says it will be muscle building, but my clothes all fit the same so it cant be fat being replaced by muscle.

I was hoping to sign up properly for the gym tomorrow as my 3 weeks is up on Tuesday, but is it even worth the money if I cant even ditch weight doing 5 - 6 hrs exercise a week? HELP!

Are you eating enough? Check on My Fitness Pal and feed in the amount of exercise you are doing to get an accurate figure then compare it to what you are eating.

Use a tape measure every week. It often shows up on the tape but not on the scales. Sometimes the body holds on to weight for a few weeks before the losses start showing on the scales.

It's only been a couple of weeks, don't get disheartened just because the scales are being difficult. Sometimes if you start eating less and exercising more at the same time the body gets confused and hangs on to everything it can.

I'd say you need at least a month before you notice the difference in your clothes.

Stay positive, you are doing all the right things.

Thanks, its just very disheartening to feel your trying so hard and its doing nothing.

Ive just used myfitnesspal and put in today and yesterdays food intake and exercise. yesterday I had a surplus of 255 calories after my food intake and exercise. Today I have about 60 calories left as I havent exercised and just had a sunday roast. So im confident my food intake isnt out of balance with my exercise.

Gah - will just have to stick at it and hope I see results soon... and will buy a tape measure tomorrow x

Don't give up!!!! You are not eating enough with the amount of exercise you are doing to lose weight, going three times a week for an hour each time is more than sufficient and you will begin to see a difference in how toned you are :) I know its really frustrating but I had the exact same problem and I've just started again as wanna lose weight and be toned!!! Good luck Hun xxx

Thanks SJH, the calories dont seem to be too bad - i mean when i say I had 200 calories left... its because my double exercise session meant I could eat 2,100 calories :eek: and as ive got used to eating a bit less i didnt go over what I could have.... but I think I am going to go over a little today as OH is buying himself a chineese... im going to have to nick some chips and gravy doh!

Ill stick with using myfitnesspal - thanks for the reminder on it - i forgot all about it. Will pre plan my meals for tomorrow tonight and stick to it so I know im still eating well and thinking of trying to do 1 hr cardio tomorrow morning and then 1 hr zumba class tomorrow night :) in theory that should earn me lots of calories to eat a good meals and not just soup with 2 slices of bread lol

If you like to exercise SJH - wanna be diet buddys? motivate each other to hit the gym and eat well?

Defo :) it's my first proper day back on SW and haven't stopped thinking about food all day!!!!! However I just keep thinking to myself that I want to fit back into my lovely clothes and feel good in them again! I've just moved to Atherton so I've signed up for the gym and already beginning to feel better and positive about sticking to it!!!! Joining a SW class in Atherton on Wednesday so feeling nervous about what it'll say on the scales but it'll do me good to see the truth staring back at me!!!! Keep up the good work :) Xxx

Hiya :) How are you getting on? I've had a good couple of days so far but anxious to see what the weekend brings as I'm working daft shifts however I have planned to perfection what I'll be eating so hoping I'll survive being tempted by the shift takeaway!!!

Went to my first class and felt really nervous stepping on the scales which is probably a good thing as it might egg me on me a bit more to lose the flipping weight, weighed in at 12st 9lbs so gonna aim for a 2lb-3lb loss next Wednesday, keep your fingers crossed! :) Xxx

Hi all, I have been on the SW regime for almost 5 weeks now and I have dragged myself back to the gym too (averaging 2-3 sessions a week) all for a measly 3lb! I know it's going in the right direction but having read about other peoples' success in their first week or two I find it hard not to get disappointed. Anyway, I suppose I just wanted to say I sympathise!

Back