Aaahhh struggling!

Pink Mummy

Hiya,

I'm really struggling, I was doing really well and now getting bored and have started going off track and slipping in to my old ways!

I started new year and was really committed but now my mum has joined she's a bit of a feeder and I've gone off the rails! Ahhh I'm so gutted because I've had cake today and 2 mini doughnuts.. Feel so rubbish :(

This week I didn't even go to WI because I felt so bad and now it's TOTM and we found out my cousin passed away suddenly yesterday :'(

I was getting bored with meals felt like I was only eating rice and pasta!

Please help I need support!!

Hello m'dear,

You poor thing, it can be so easy to go off the rails and then so difficult to get back on them can't it?

You know yourself that the longer you stay away from Group and hiding from Weighing In then the more damage you will do though? Get yourself to class and start a food diary. If you were getting bored with your meals then you obviously weren't having enough variety so look through others diaries to give you some "thinspiration".

If your Mum is a "feeder" and sabotaging your efforts then you need to attend a different group or else just avoid her for the foreseeable. You have made such amazing progress so far with really significant losses so to throw all that away for a few doughnuts would be lunacy. You also maybe need to have a chat to her about how her wanting to stuff you is causing you to go offplan.

Finally, you're human. We all lose the run of ourselves from time to time. It happens. But we also have to pick ourselves up and dust ourselves off. With each day that goes by when you don't face the scales, you'll slip further away from your goal and that would be such a shame after doing so well thusfar. Take control of this and get back on the wagon now and you'll be so glad you did x

Thank you so much, I need to go to group on Tuesday otherwise I'm not going to do it and just go the other way :( i just don't want a gain on Tuesday so panic so much I almost dont want to go.. Silly I know! Need to brush off and be back on it from now x thank you so much for hour advice, will look at other peoples meal ideas too thank you :)

Hi hun

Im so sorry to hear about your cousin. I lost my Nana a few weeks ago and it really knocked me. I've been on and off plan ever since and I'm gutted that my weight loss is now own to only 5lbs.

i restarted SW properly on Monday and been finding it really good again, I have fell in love with SW all over again and enjoying lots of nice meals.

i find the best way is to plan ahead, write down some new recipes to try throughout the week and mix up your healthy extras so that you avoid getting stuck in a rut.

there are tons of threads on the forum with recipe ideas and I also find the food diary threads really inspiring, I love nothing more than checking out photos of SW meals and chatting to friends here for ideas.

we are all behind you on this Hun and here if you need us.

love Stacey xxxx

Thank you so much x I knew I could get support from you guys :)

Hey sorry to hear your news,
i have a diary if you want to look :) ive recently started doing red days cause i was eating too much pasta and rice too but I'm mixing it up between red and extra easy

Thank you so much, I need to go to group on Tuesday otherwise I'm not going to do it and just go the other way :( i just don't want a gain on Tuesday so panic so much I almost dont want to go.. Silly I know! Need to brush off and be back on it from now x thank you so much for hour advice, will look at other peoples meal ideas too thank you :)

You know a couple of weeks ago I totally lost the run of myself. I had a celebratory weekend and was like Elvis at a bake sale. I had cake, I had a lot of prosecco, I had wine, chocolate, panna cotta, crisps, creme eggs, a cheese-laden pizza, digestivos after a meal out.....I mean I went to town. :17729: I then went for my Weigh-In and I put on 1.5 lbs. And I'm glad I did. It shows me that while I can be a bit naughty and push the boat out, the scales don't lie. It would have been far more damaging for my progress to have pigged out like that for the weekend and to have had a STS or a loss. What would that have taught me? Nothing!

Likewise, if you've been naughty then just hold your hands up to it. Get yourself to class on Tuesday, take the gain (worked on by eating cakes and doughnuts) on the chin and then just move on from it. The worst thing you could possibly do at this stage is to make an excuse not to go on Tuesday, then it's just a really slippery slope and you'll be back to your original weight in no time at all.

Have a look at the recipe section as well as there are some great ideas there. You'll be fine, you just need to get back in the zone and you'll feel better once you get back to class x

Sorry to hear ur struggling :(. I am so tempted to go tuck into the freshly baked flapjacks my hubby! Baked (never been a baker before I started sw and stopped baking cupboards full of sweet treats!). With reference to beingbored of ur meals. I did that too in first few weeks, but now i go thro all recipe books at group, the dinner threads on here and sw online site and set myself a challenge to try out 1 or 2 new meals per week. So far its working! And we've found a few new family favourites! Good luck!

Aww great than you guys x

Hiya chick, saw your post and really felt for you. Sorry to hear about the stress you're having :-(
I understand about getting bored, and that makes it so hard to stay on track. The only advice I can give you which helped me was to throw out what your favourite meals are on here and some amazing minimin will have a SW version that's gorgeous. This makes me feel less like I'm bored and "on a diet".
Hope you start to feel better!
Amy x

Back