Aaargh Firefox 4!

Maximus

Gold Member
Not sure if anyone else uses Firefox as a web-browser (as opposed to Internet Explorer etc)

Anyway, I've just downloaded version 4.0 and it has changed and I don't like change.

Before I do irreperable damage, anyone out there know enough about computers to confirm if I un-install it, my browser will return back to the previous version?

Steve

I tried it too, but it kept crashing. What I did was go to their website and downloaded the old version.

I think if you uninstalled it would just remove the whole software package, not revert to the previous settings.

If you know the previous installation number however, you could google it and download the previous version. Or it may be stored somewhere on your PC. Places like zdnet may have the older versions.

I use firefox as my main browser, they seem to have had a few updates of late for one thing or another.

Stick at it and you'll get used to it! :)

They update for your own good and ff4 has improved security so I'd recommend keeping it. Plus the older version will go out of date eventually.

I'm ok now - it just moved things around a bit and difficult to locate etc.

The change to 4 was a bit more than previous changes that's all. I much prefer it to IE7 though

Back