AAM week question...HELP please !!

debz32

Gold Member
Hoping someone can help...a few daft questions about AAM....

1. do I HAVE to do AAM ??

2. Now in my 4th week - is it AAM in week 5 ??

3. Will I still lose weight ? scared it'll slow me down....

4. What can I eat ??

Sorry to be thick - it's just my CDC is cr@p - never phones or contacts me - I only speak to her when re-ordering my 4weekly supply - great eh ??

Just as well I seem to be doin OK cos she wouldn't be much help ! She's also given me a list of dates when she won't be available !!

So I kinda rely on you guys to keep me right ;)

Thanx in advance.....:)

Not an expert by any extent, but the books say you can only not do add a week with medical agreement. Most people still seem to loose 3/4lbs anyway, even with the extra bits.

AAM week - HELP please

thanx Wobbly...hopefully a CDC (experienced CDer) might spot this post and give me some more info :)

Hiya

1. do I HAVE to do AAM ??

Yes you do unless you have a signed letter from your GP saying he/she is ok with you not doing it.

2. Now in my 4th week - is it AAM in week 5 ??

Yes every fifth week

3. Will I still lose weight ? scared it'll slow me down....

You will still lose fat as the AAM is still very low calorie. You may retain a little water which can mask that loss that week but it will soon go. Most people find the next week is usually better.

4. What can I eat ??

That is in your pink book that you will have been given but effectively a very small portion of chicken/turkey/cottage cheese or another protein only based option.

M.

thanx Mike - knew someone would be along to help me out !

Cheers m8 :D

Hi Debz
I echo what Wobbly says in that AAM is strongly advised and most people don't have a problem with it.

Having said that, knowing my own issues and personality, I haven't done an AAM week since starting CD: my choice and I certainly wouldn't dream of encouraging people to follow suit. I just knew it would trip me up before I had a chance to address my issues around food. :)

I'm not saying I'd never do one - but when I'm ready (probably at goal at this rate!! :p )

Hi Debz
I echo what Wobbly says in that AAM is strongly advised and most people don't have a problem with it.

Having said that, knowing my own issues and personality, I haven't done an AAM week since starting CD: my choice and I certainly wouldn't dream of encouraging people to follow suit. I just knew it would trip me up before I had a chance to address my issues around food. :)

I'm not saying I'd never do one - but when I'm ready (probably at goal at this rate!! :p )

Thanx Debbie - know what ur staying bout bein 'tripped up'...defo gonna do AAM - hopefully I'll be fine :)

Hi Debz
Just to put your mind at rest!!
I changed to the 790 plan on thursday after my 3rd weigh in & i was really worried about the weight loss slowing down, so being really paranoid i've weighed myself every morning since & every morning i've been another pound DOWN!!!!!
I know we are all different & mine might slow down but just thought i'd share it with you!
Lorraine xx

Hi Debz
Just to put your mind at rest!!
I changed to the 790 plan on thursday after my 3rd weigh in & i was really worried about the weight loss slowing down, so being really paranoid i've weighed myself every morning since & every morning i've been another pound DOWN!!!!!
I know we are all different & mine might slow down but just thought i'd share it with you!
Lorraine xx

Thanx Lorraine - very encouraging news :D

Hi Debz32

I love doing AAM weeks. Makes me feel "normal" for a week. It's interesting because even though it is only a small amount of food it takes me ages to eat it and I feel really full afterwards. I always drink a glass of water with it which I think is probably a good habit to get into for when i return to eating normally. I don't find it slows my loss down and as someone has already said I lose approx 4lbs on AAM week. I find that the small amount of food tends to kick start my system again and I have a great loss the following week. I tend to have the same things each AAM week which is chicken and mushrooms, wrapped in foil and cooked in the oven, fresh cod and cabbage, an odd combination but I quite like it or cottage cheese with cucumber mixed in. I'm always glad to return to SS by the end of the week though. I seem to run out of time to be cooking things as I have now found other things to do at the times when I would have been cooking, eating etc

I hope you enjoy it.

Jazzy x

Absolutely love AAM weeks and have done them since I started CD :D

I truly believe it's crucial to incorporate food throughout the journey - figure it's vital for long term success to address our food issues as we go along.

Always done AAM brought,well no a friend brought me a plate a nice little ovel one and i use that set at the table with my water in a large wine glass eat slowly and enjoy.
Can still remember the first amm I had chicken and spring greens mmmmyummyyyyyyyyy
love libbie x

Thanx for all your replies guys :)

really helpful.....as always !!!

looking forward to my AAM next week.....REAL FOOD !!!

Debz- I would defo do it, it seems to be a vital part of the programme & something to look forward to every 4 weeks, your weight loss has been so good so far... give yourself a little treat (chicken & veg he he!!)

Debz- I would defo do it, it seems to be a vital part of the programme & something to look forward to every 4 weeks, your weight loss has been so good so far... give yourself a little treat (chicken & veg he he!!)

Hi Anna :) - I am defo gonna do AAM - starts this Saturday 16th - looking forward to REAL food !!!

Good decision (IMO) about AAM Debz.

I done my AAM while Sole Sourcing and have to say I didn't have any issues with it. To me it was more about sitting up the table with my wife and children at dinner time with something more substantive than a shake or a soup and how can I put it, .......being 'normal'

Good decision (IMO) about AAM Debz.

I done my AAM while Sole Sourcing and have to say I didn't have any issues with it. To me it was more about sitting up the table with my wife and children at dinner time with something more substantive than a shake or a soup and how can I put it, .......being 'normal'

hi Brad - thanx for that :) good to hear from others who've 'been there'....did you find you still lost weight doing AAM ? that's probably the only slight concern I have....but I know it's something I gotta so....

how much have you lost so far ???

hi Brad - thanx for that :) good to hear from others who've 'been there'....did you find you still lost weight doing AAM ? that's probably the only slight concern I have....but I know it's something I gotta so....

how much have you lost so far ???

Yep, I did carry on losing weight.

The first AAM (I did AAM it 3 times - ie 3 weeks) my loss was unaffected.

The second and third times my weight loss slowed for AAM week....... but then the following week I had my normal loss PLUS almost all the weight loss I missed out on during the AAM weeks.

Everyone if different, some people say their losses stop, some say their losses carry on or reduce. Whatever happens to you (and do let us know), I still truly believe it is a really important part of the CD. It served as something for me to look forward to and probably helped me NOT to be apprehensive about food when I started re-feeding.

Good luck Hun

Back