Abit of help pleasse...

DizzyFlowers

Hi, i used to do slimming world about a year ago and didnt lose alot of weight (this was because i never stuck to it properly and wanted instant results!) so about a month ago i started the cambridge diet in an attepmt to shift 4 and a half stone quickly, im 20 and i want to feel like a 20 year old, do things a 20 year old should b doing without feeling im too fat for it! Anyway...although i have lost just over a stone, it costs roughly £40 pound a week for 420 cals a day!!!

Now i was thinking about quiting this tourture diet and going back to slimming world and putting 100% in.

I realy just wanted to know how much people have lost and how long it look them? and if i do stick to this 100% how long roughly it would take to lose 4 and a half stone?

iv been a big size 16 and unhappy about it for a long long time so hopefully hearing about peoples weightloss will spur me on!!

Thank you

x:)

Hi DizzyFlowers!
People doing the SW plan loose weight at different speeds...there's obviously the weight, height and age thing to take into consideration. You should average between 1-2lbs a week, which is natural and healthy and also means that the weight doesnt creep on as quickly as eating after coming off CD!! (I know Ive done it!)
If you exercise and that could mean just a walk, the weight will also come off quicker. The only main difference between CD and SW is that with SW you are not starving yourself, you are actually eating to get thin!!!
Have a look at the diary pages to give you some tips and good luck!!

Kerry-Ann
xx

Hi Dizzy, you could lose 4 stone in 6 - 12 months! Although this isn't instant you still get to eat food and live a normal life. SW gets my vote everytime x

Everyone wants instant results, but with weight loss, it's best to do it steadily if you want to maintain the results. That said, I have lost 1st 1lb in seven weeks, which is a really satisfying result for the length of time I've been doing it. And as people have said above, SW is easy, you get to eat normal food and most of all, it's healthy.

As has been said before, different people lose at different rates. I have stuck to it 100% since I started 8 weeks ago and have lost 1 stone 10 in that time. 4 pounds short of 2 stone. I go for weigh in tomorrow morning and my scales say I've lost another 3, but they don't always agree with my class scales. Either way, it's almost 2 stone in 9 weeks.

Good Luck :D

Thanks everyone, im looking forward to starting just because i get to eat!! exciting stuff, and like uv said its the healthier way to lose weight. even tho it proberly wont b as quick as cambridge i gues its better knowing im not just going to put it all back on again straight after! well with this diet i guess there isnt a sraight after really, its a way of eating u can carry on.

im hoping to add some exercise into my life Kerry-ann, i just need to find something i enjoy, i have a cross trainer and its dusty!! lol

im glad i came on this site, i get very easily demotivated but i have a feeling this is gna help lots :)

xx

2 stone in 9 weeks thats impressive! well done!!im going to stick to it 100% too so hopefully in 9 weeks il b 2 stone lighter too!

do u have syns? if so how many?

xx

im hoping to add some exercise into my life Kerry-ann, i just need to find something i enjoy, i have a cross trainer and its dusty!! lol

xx

I teach jive to beginners every Thursday and I am dancing for 4 hours continuously, I also play a game of badminton in my lunch break with some of my work collegues...I dont consider this as exercise, because I enjoy them both!!! Also love swimming and just bought a Wii fit!

hiya if it helps i have lost just under 3 stone since june 26th
still got a fair bit to go tho
but i know it ain't gonna happen overnight but i also know that the slower it is coming off then hopefully it might stay off a bit longer lol
if u know what i mean lol
got headache so i waffling
xxx

I teach jive to beginners every Thursday and I am dancing for 4 hours continuously, I also play a game of badminton in my lunch break with some of my work collegues...I dont consider this as exercise, because I enjoy them both!!! Also love swimming and just bought a Wii fit!

Yer i was thinking about starting a dance class, my friend teaches a hiphop class so iv got no excuse really! im defo gna try lots of things and see what suits me, also give me a nite off from bieng a mummy!

my dads got a nintendo wii and its such a fun way to do abit of exercise, maybe i should invest in one of those!!

x

hiya if it helps i have lost just under 3 stone since june 26th
still got a fair bit to go tho
but i know it ain't gonna happen overnight but i also know that the slower it is coming off then hopefully it might stay off a bit longer lol
if u know what i mean lol
got headache so i waffling
xxx

haha dont worry about the waffling, im a waffler and i understood wat u ment!!

well done for the 3 stone!!:) as i said earlier iv lost just over a stone already on cambridge but im looking forward to losing weight on SW and knowing il keep it off!

x

Hey Dizzyflowers

I've lost 4 stone 12 lb since April this year. I've been doing SW pretty much 100% and going to the gym 3-5 times a week!

I love SW and would recommend it to anyone - I love the fact that I can wake up and know I won't be hungry and still lose weight (if I stick to the plan!).

Good Luck with your journey.

Hey Dizzyflowers

I've lost 4 stone 12 lb since April this year. I've been doing SW pretty much 100% and going to the gym 3-5 times a week!

I love SW and would recommend it to anyone - I love the fact that I can wake up and know I won't be hungry and still lose weight (if I stick to the plan!).

Good Luck with your journey.

Thankyou!

thats about how much i want to lose, n im happy for it to happen in that time!!

i dont no if il be able to go to the gym that much but there are plenty of things i can do at home! iv a cross trainer that needs using and many many exercise dvds, lol.

well done, 4stone 12 is AmAzIng!

How many dress sizes have you dropped??

x

good luck hun...i tried cd once lost 9lb in a week but couldnt stick with it i was such a moody cow lol
I much prefer sw its an easy and satisfying diet.
XXX

Thanx, on cambridge i lost 11 pound the first week then 7 the next, but its just to hard no food! especially wen my son gets yummy dinners, and hes only young nows the time we should b sat together at the dinner table rather than him eating n me sipping on a tiny shake!! lol

i think that cambridge has given me the kick start i needed tho, i was on SW before but never stuck to it but now iv had life with no food im just going to apprieciate all the yummy things i can eat on SW!!

IM EXCITED TO START!!! lol

:D

Hi Dizzyflowers(love the name)
Please don't be impatient. All the well-known diets work if you follow them without much deviation. I have just re-started Weight Watchers and have lost 2lbs in 3 days.That's good enough for me! What's important is that you find a diet that works for you and you can use
to improve your eating habits so that maintenance comes fairly easily.
Hope you find it and good luck.

Hey - I re-started SW two weeks ago and lost 8lb the first week! its a lifestyle choice, not a diet (well thats the best way to look at it) I wanna lose a similar amount of weight to you, and am happy to lose around 2lb a week. good luck (oh and i have 15 syns a day hehe) xxx

Back