About to start CD on Monday

MissyD27

Hi All,

I am a newbie to the forum and will be starting CD on Tuesday after my first class Monday evening. I have spoken to my really friendly local counsellor and she has given me some sound advise. How do you found doing CD?

Thanks
:)

Hiya Missy , welcome to the forum :D
Im on CD SS , I am doing well so far, I just keep thinking of my goal weight and certain events that are coming up. That seems to keep me going!
Im sure with the support from this site you will do well :D

Hi Missy

I started CD for the 1st time 7 weeks ago and have found it easier than I thought - don't get me wrong you do need absolute commitment and I have my tough days like everyone else, especially turning down meals out and cooking for other people, but have stuck to it.

The best advice I saw was that the first time on CD is the "golden time" so make the most of it as many people find that if they fall off plan just once they find it really really hard to get back into. It's this that has kept me motivated to stick with it - that and the fastest weight loss I've ever achieved! Having said that if you do have a lapse then don't fret, just draw a line under it and move on, you'll get so much support on this forum.

Sorry for going on a bit, best of luck you won't regret it :D:D

im into week two (Im on SS+ - I need a little pate of something at night!). I lost 8lbs in my first week and found it tough but also exciting to watch the fat to start melting away.
i tell myself that food is the enemy and it caused me wobbliness for the last 13 years - no more crying now... im totaly comitted.
hope you can be too?

Good luck and welcome!

I found it easier than I expected, even the first few days, I drank like a fish to keep the hunger at bay!

Just remember that with a little determination, in less than 3 weeks you will notice the difference and it will all be worth it!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hi Missy,

Welcome to minimins hun, you'll find it your best friend for your weight loss journey. It's truly inspirational and if anything can keep you going it's deffo this site.

I'm on day 4 of CD for the first time. Start weight 22st 13lbs. I have not been hungry at all! I do crave food, especially the evening times but that's because I'm fancying it, like I said, I'm not hungry.
I've had headaches etc, been emotional, touchie... but hey, that could just be me!

Today though.. I feel fantastic! So, no matter how rough you may or may not feel for the first few days, stick with it. Everyone told me it would get better and my god it has and i'm so pleased.

Take care

Hey hun, I'm starting on Monday too. Have done this before and agree with what has been said - the first time really is the golden time!!

However it's been a while since I last did CD properly and am ready to get on with it and get to goal now. I have my wedding as motivation so no choice but to get this weight off ASAP!!

You fancy buddying up, at least for the first few days til we get going? It always helps to have someone who's going through it with you! xx

Welcome to Minimins MissyD, you'll love it here, I have been doing really well on CD, it really works!!!

Sarah x

Hi Wannabslim and other forum goers...

Thanks for your messages of encouragements. Unfortunately I have been bad all weekend with the flu but I am not going to let this prevent me from starting CD on monday night.

If anyone wants to buddy up with me, I am more than willing, (not sure how to do this on here though,)

Look forward to your replies

MissyD27
xxx

Last edited:
Aww sorry to hear you've been ill hun! First time I ever did CD when I started I had a cold... which in a way was quite good as the headaches etc. never really seemed to happen (as I was ill anyway it masked the crappyness of the first few days so I never could blame the diet for it!). Looking forward to starting tomorrow? I'm so excited now!!

Would love to buddy up - don't need to do anything in particular, I'll just keep an eye on you and if u want I can add you on MSN?

xx

Just come back from my first weigh in. Found it really enjoyable and nice to meet people who are friendly as ever and want to see you do as well as them.

The only decision I have got to make tomorrow is which shake do I choose to have for brekkie and when. Am thinking that if I can hold off til I get to work then that might make it last longer.

I think my initial aim is to get through the first day. Wish me luck....

D

Good luck and welcome!

Hope week 1 goes well.

Good luck and keep in touch with your progress.

:party0049::party0049::party0049::party0049:

Well, after day 1

Thankfully I managed to get my doctor to sign off my form whilst I wait. At one point though I did seriously think he might not!!!
For brekkie I had fruits of the forest shake to begin with - really tasty and can't believe how filling it is.

Lunch was about 1.30pm and was a Toffee and Walnut shake. Found this quite a strong taste and reminded me of Aldi's Maple Pecan cereal.

Well not sure which soup to have for tea... decisions, decisions......
lol:)

hey hun, how have you found today? fairly easy? Glad your GP signed your form with no problems :) makes it a lot easier when they don't kick upa stink about it hehe xxx

Back