Actifry

Abbylouise

Hello just want to ask about actifry's as want to get one next week but want the right one. Iv always wanted one so cant wait.

I need one that suits slimming world and a family of four.

Any advise will be great as i want to buy one but they are a big investment for us!

I think Sainsburys have the Tefal one on half price at the moment :)

Hi, I have the original teal actifry I love it makes fabulous chips I just use spray light on them. Also stir frys are great I wouldn't be without it x

I'm also a big fan of my Airfryer - it makes great SW chips, but I also use it to roast broccoli, bake potatoes, grill bacon, roast peppers and loads more. It's absolutely brilliant, and has more or less completely replaced my grill and oven. The booklet that comes with it has some fairly standard and boring recipes, and I've found that ignoring it completely and taking a more experimental approach to things turns out great. There are also quite a few official videos on Youtube where a rather uncomfortable-looking young lady explains how to cook things whilst sporting the most impractical nails ever.

I'm hoping to get a Tefal Actifry for my birthday, can't wait to give it a go.

Thanks everyone im still looking around for one but thinking of getting one that a capacity of 1.2kg hope that going to be big enough hubby says the big ones (1.5kg) are a little to expensive and I do agree, but still really want one so going for a smaller one. Still can't decide on brand though!

Hi I've got a Philips airfryer xl and I think it's amazing, I can honestly say that I never use my oven anymore, only once at Xmas. I could never do without it and would replace it straight away if it stopped working. I cook lots of peppers, courgettes, mushrooms all sorts of things, excellent gadget View attachment 163370

I have the Philips one too and I love mine. I only ever do SW chips in it though. I guess I should try other things.

What else can you do in an Actifry (or similar)?

I do stirfrys, Cook ready meals, salmon fillets , chop up peppers, courgettes, onion add some chicken pieces, I love it

Hi Diane, I see you mentioned that you do stirfries etc., in the Actifry!! Do you put everything in at the same time even tho' some things would take longer to cook and do you add things like oyster and soy sauce at the beginning. Sorry if this seem like stupid questions, but I never seen nor used one!! Thanks :)

Back