AdsNan's Diary

AdsNan

Wants to be slim at 60
Hi Everyone, I started today with a weight of 11st 7lbs. I have found today not too bad. I never decide until lunchtime whether it is going to be a Red or Green day as my breakfast is the same every day 2 weetabix with skimmed milk and an Orange Mullerlight yoghurt. Usually have melon mid morning at work sometimes with a few grapes with it. If I am not eating out it will usually be a Red day as I lose more on them than green days. My body has never taken kindly to carbohydrates so it suits me whereas some of my friends lose more on the Green days. Today I had fresh salmon for lunch and for tea I had 2 Simply Salmon had to have the Garlic and Herb as I believe they don't do the other ones anymore. I am about to have an Alpen Light Choc & Orange (I believe you can have 2 as a Healthy Extra). When I used to attend the classes I always bought enough Hi-Fi Choc and Orange bars to last the week, I loved them but these Alpen aren't too bad and better than nothing! Oh well I'll sign off now to enjoy my bar whilst reading through the new posts on the forum.

So far so good, I know it's only the second day but I feel pleased that I didn't crack yesterday as I was tempted a few times!!

Welcome to the forum, aplen lights are 3 syns each or 2 for HEXB, i always have the choccy and fudge ones and they are lovely, although i do love the choc orange hifi bars. Good luck for the rest of the week. x

Everyone keeps saying how nice the Choc & Fudge ones are but I haven't seen any yet:(

I get mine in asda i think they're £1.90 for 6,
i always have 1 for breakfast and syn it and if i don't get around to eating all my hex's i have another later.

Tried them but actually prefer the Choc and Orange. Sticking to it. Keep coming to here to keep me motivated. It's nice to know you are not struggling on your own!!

I want to try the choc n orange one :/
x

Hi Everyone, I started today with a weight of 11st 7lbs. I have found today not too bad. I never decide until lunchtime whether it is going to be a Red or Green day as my breakfast is the same every day 2 weetabix with skimmed milk and an Orange Mullerlight yoghurt. Usually have melon mid morning at work sometimes with a few grapes with it. If I am not eating out it will usually be a Red day as I lose more on them than green days. My body has never taken kindly to carbohydrates so it suits me whereas some of my friends lose more on the Green days. Today I had fresh salmon for lunch and for tea I had 2 Simply Salmon had to have the Garlic and Herb as I believe they don't do the other ones anymore. I am about to have an Alpen Light Choc & Orange (I believe you can have 2 as a Healthy Extra). When I used to attend the classes I always bought enough Hi-Fi Choc and Orange bars to last the week, I loved them but these Alpen aren't too bad and better than nothing! Oh well I'll sign off now to enjoy my bar whilst reading through the new posts on the forum.

Hi welcome to minimins xx

How are you doing Huney?

Well that's the first week over and I have lost 4lb. Pleased with that but I'll be more pleased if I can lose 2 lb next week. I know you usually have a big loss the first week its' the weeks after that can be difficutl :)
I shall add it on my profile I'm not sure how this bit works but I am presuming it updates each week when I add my new weight. Please bear with me if I get it wrong :confused:
I hope you are all going well with yours. I love reading all the posts. Going to try and find the pancake recipe that everyone is going on about as I love pancakes:D

AdsNan's Diary - so disappointed!

Really disappointed I have only lost 1 lb this week and I know that had gone last Tuesday so nothing lost since then. My weigh in day is Mondays but because I was going to football and would be having chips and peas I weighed myself on the Sunday and found I had lost 5lb. Weighed myself the next day (my official weigh in day) and found it was only showing 4lb (11st 3lb) which didn't surprise me so that is what I recorded. Next day I checked and I was down to 11st 2lb so because the 1lb had gone I was confident for the rest of the week as I was sticking to the plan. Even took Baked potato with beans to the football which was a pain, so I am gutted I haven't lost any more.

Hiya.

Don't be so hard on yourself. You did great with 4lb the first week (I didn't manage that, or anything!) and 1lb in week 2. Thats 5lb in total! That's great!

I found when I did the plan before that I set myself up for a fall when I planned to lose x amount of lbs in one week. Cos if I didn't I'd be gutted like you and felt like pigging out/giving up. Instead I just aimed on having a loss every week and enjoying my food.

They key is to look at your overall loss and if you feel you should have lost more this week, if you stick at it I'm sure you'll see the results next week.

Good luck you x x

Thank you so much I know what you're saying. It's amazing how you still feel gutted. Completely off topic how come my url is showing for the ticker I notice yours isn't so wondered if I'd done something wrong with mine

re the url showing I think you might be missing an open square bracket [ at the beginning just before it says url.

Re the weight loss.. no matter how much anyone says it's a pound, you've done great.. you will still feel gutted. It is however 5lbs in 2 weeks. Just out of curiosity, did you do extra easy all week this week?

Well done.. it is still a whole pound of lard that is no longer smothered over your body ;)

re the url showing I think you might be missing an open square bracket [ at the beginning just before it says url.

Re the weight loss.. no matter how much anyone says it's a pound, you've done great.. you will still feel gutted. It is however 5lbs in 2 weeks. Just out of curiosity, did you do extra easy all week this week?

Well done.. it is still a whole pound of lard that is no longer smothered over your body ;)

Thank you. I do the Original Plan and usually mostly red days as I find they work better with me but because of the football I had 2 green days this time. Thanks for the bit about the ticker I'll see if I can sort it.

I do all red days because the green days really slow my losses down... stupid as it may seem. I did SW years ago and every time I had a green day or few days, my weight would STS. I just don't burn carbs off very well, and my whole family is the same way.

That said... your body is maybe just making an adjustment. 5 pounds in two weeks is good going. I know we all want the weight of an arm of leg to fall off each week... but 5 pounds is great.. and keep it up. don't let it trip you up for next week. (((hugs)))

Thanks for the advice I've now got it sorted as you can hopefully see.

What I also wanted to do was within the Title I wanted to update little bits that give an indication of what I'm posting after every weight in which is when I will posting in my Weight Loss Diary but I couldn't see how to update the title but keep the same thread, or am I suppose to do a new thread each time?

Re: the weight being on this site is really helping it gives you loads of ideas, tips and most of all encouragement when we need it. Thank you to you all :clap:

Back