Advice for a synner....

hajis-sweetie

WW newbie:)
Hey everyone,

I was on here earlier this week, as i'd had a 1.5 gain. I have basically been feeling sorry for myself since and for the last 2 days I have eaten nothing but rubbish. I have just counted the syns on the SW website (thought i'd face up to it) and I have basically eaten ALL of my WEEKS allowance and then some!!! AARGH! Now, do I draw a line under it and have no syns until Tuesday, or allow myself a few each day?? What do you all think?? I am annoyed with myself, so am inclined not to have any, but will I fall of the wagon again...hmmm I don't know. Its totally my own fault and I only have myself to blame, but want to get back on track. HELP!!!:eek::eek:

What type of syns have you been using?

What I mean is, are they 'bad' syns like ice cream (like I've been doing recently) or 'good' ones like an extra HE or something?

I quite regularly dont have syns in a day...I keep my food diary on here in the Food diary section if you want some ideas..I do Red and Green Days.

You should draw a line under it all and start a fresh.
If you feel like your falling off the wagon again then look at this thread and remember how you felt! That should keep you on track :)
Good luck hunny x

if i was you i would draw a line under it and start anew the next day. i would still have my syns, personally, because if i was going to deprive myself off them then i would want them more. maybe just have 10 syns a day.

my consultant said that you cannot save syns. but you can have a flexi day once in a while, (i am having one today). i have given myself a number of syns (100) when i have had all my syns then i am stopping. i dont think that i will get to 100 probably about 60.

Draw a line on it- try not to let it wreck the rest of your week.

You will have to accept that this is going to take a long time, and there are going to be slip ups along the way- we are human and these things happen. The truly courageous people are the ones who admit the mistake, try and learn from it for next time, but most importantly don't let it stop them getting what they truly want.

Good luck

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just forget it now, you are only human after all, and we have all been there too at some time.

Just start afresh now, and good luck for your next WI. X

There's nothing you can do to change the past so as the other's have said - just start afresh.

Don't try to have zero syns between now and weigh-in because it will only increase the likelihood that you you fall off the wagon again.

You've been a synner,you've confessed and we've absolved you! :D

You're penance is to go away and plan your menus between now and weigh-in!

Hey all,

Many many thanks for your help, I think I will draw a line, start again and put it down to experience!! I will let myself have up to 5 syns a day I think. I just needed a little push in the right direction. Thanks again, much appreciated. xxxx

PS - circes, all done and raring to go, so far so good!!

I will let myself have up to 5 syns a day I think.

That's what I'd do too. Having zero would be really difficult, but having a max of 5 a day would allow you a little flexibility. Just prepare yourself for a possible gain - it might not be this week, it might be next, cos sometimes the body takes a bit longer to adjust, but if you do gain, you'll know why, so you can just crack on with a good week next week.

Hey all,

Many many thanks for your help, I think I will draw a line, start again and put it down to experience!! I will let myself have up to 5 syns a day I think. I just needed a little push in the right direction. Thanks again, much appreciated. xxxx

PS - circes, all done and raring to go, so far so good!!

Good decision!

I agree i do this all the time that why my weight loss has been so slow draw a line under it and start afresh tomorrow morning with a happy out look and a smile on your face and dont feel guilty its just one of those things chin up tomorrows another day :)

Draw a line under it, take a deep breath and relax. Jst carry on as normal and just be aware you might not have a bit loss this week - but you'll know why and more importantly you'll know how to fix it :)

I agree, draw a line and start from scratch!
Pretend that you are just starting up all over again and that will make it a bit exciting and keep you inspired. Just forget that you have had a bit of a lapse. We are all human and do it all the time!
Good luck and hugs....
I hope you have a good week ;)

Back