Advice for newbie please!

izzie1

Hi I am starting lipotrim tommorrow, I really cant wait as determined to get this weight off! But I have a meal on friday night thats been arranged for sometime. What do I do? Do I have 2 shakes then a low carb meal while out? Will this effect ketosis and ruin all hard work on the previous 4 days?

If you really have to have a meal i would say wait until sat to start! as it will take you longer to get in to keotosis!
Good luck on your 1st week and welcome to LT madness xx

Hi I am starting lipotrim tommorrow, I really cant wait as determined to get this weight off! But I have a meal on friday night thats been arranged for sometime. What do I do? Do I have 2 shakes then a low carb meal while out? Will this effect ketosis and ruin all hard work on the previous 4 days?

Nictastic... over to you.....:rolleyes:

hello and welcome to the forum. Good luck with your start tomorrow. Not sure about eating out on friday though, if you had done a few weeks you could refeed. Or you could eat a protein only meal. But as you will probably only have just reached ketosis it seems a waste to blow it for one meal. My advice would be either to wait another week to start if you really need to eat at this meal. Or start tomorrow and dont have the meal. Good luck whatever you decide :)

I say to start after because, there have been people who have eaten and still lost weight...which is fine, but then you start to test how much you can eat untl it leads to a binge...if the binge hasnt happened sooner. And once that happens it is sooooo hard to get back on track and in LT mind set.
So you have 3 options...
1. chance it (not recommended)
2. go to the meal drink fizzy water and coffee nothing else
3. start afterwards
Up to you hun xx

Thank you for your replies, and your weight losses are fantastic!
I need to start to sooner rather than later feel really rubbish at the moment. Going to think of a way around Friday night. I have my daughters christening in 3 weeks and want to shift some of the baby bulge by then! Been on ww and have lost some of it, but its sooo slow!

then I would give the meal on friday a miss hun, you will then have a few weeks under your belt before the christening :)

if you stick with LT 3 weeks could mean over 1 stone..i dropped a dress size in 2 weeks!!! This diet is a miracle if you are strict and stick with it. Also drink more than 4 pints of water a day ...it helps ..the max you can drink is 10 xx
God luck with finding a way round it!
Yeah, i agree WW is far toooo slow and little 1 lb losses don't do us much use in the motivation department xx

Its really this simple, either forget the meal next week or start LT the day after, sorry to be a little abrupt, but in a nut shell and all that x

Wow Gazza just noticed you lost 100lbs OMG what an achievement!!!!!!!!!!

Hey missus,

I had exactly the same problem as you when I started. I had a meal arranged for the Saturday night which was 4 days into Lipo. I decided to go along anyway and just not eat or drink. I sat and ate a flapjack when they were all eating and stuck to fizzy water while they all got drunk. It really wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, the only issue I had was having to defend my diet to everyone :mad: Plus it made me feel even better when I woke up in the morning feeling great and my boyfriend had a hangover :D:D Even better that it felt good when the other half said how proud he was that I managed to stick to it :D

You can do it, it's only one meal and you will still have a good time if you don't think about it!

Stick with the diet girl .... there will always be some sort of temptation in the way and loads of occassions. Think of LP as a medican. Not to be messed with.
I started the day after my babys Christening. Wish i had waited cause i look and feel a lot better now. My baby was 2 months when i started. The weight will fall off of you cause a lot will be fluid. My losses were great. Best of luck with the diet.

Week 1 -12 15st 4lb
Week 2 - 6 14st 12lb
Week 3 - 7 14st 4lb
Week 4 - 7 13st 12lb
Week 5 - 4 13st 8lb
Week 6 - 6 13st 2lb
Week 7 -5 12st 12lb

Going to miss out on meal on Friday, I have started today, and determined to do it!
Weighed in at 12stone 1.5lbs today, it would be great to be down to 11 by christening in 3 weeks thats my first target!
Reading all your bits at the end of your posts at how much you have lost is a complete inspiration!

Well done on making a decision. There will be other meals, it's not like we're never going to eat again. Just think how great you will look at the christening. Good luck xx

Back