Newbie - help required!

Hi,

Well done, you're all doing great! Tomorrow will be my first 3 weeks complete, but I couldn't wait and weighed myself today, 18lbs down! I'm so pleased!! My start weight was 16st 3lbs and I'm now 14st 13lbs.

It really is hard to get started, but once you get going it gets so much easier. I'm hardly ever hungry and the shakes, soup or flapjack satisfy my appetite. I've been drinking loads too. It's made me realise how often I ate instead of drinking when I was thirsty. I've had a couple of blips when I've been working on the floor in the care home. I'm a senior carer so usually going round with a meds trolley or snowed under with paperwork in the office, so it's easy to stay away from food and the kitchen. But I was helping on the floor a couple of times and the first blip was when I was making toast for everyone and there was an unwanted slice with butter on it sitting lonely on a plate staring at me..... it was torture and I just went for it! That was just into my 2nd week. Then yesterday I was helping in the afternoon and one of the carers had brought in a multi pack of crisps for the staff and there was a spare bag of prawn cocktail, which are my favourite. They were gone in about 7 seconds, then I felt crap afterwards. However, 18lbs is still amazing, so I'm not tempted to do it again, I've come this far and have so much more to lose.

Sarah, no I haven't exercised apart from dog walking and I'm constantly on my feet for 12+ hours a day at work. I aim to lose another stone and then start going out on my bike. I think the tyres would burst under my weight at the moment!

Hi,

Well done, you're all doing great! Tomorrow will be my first 3 weeks complete, but I couldn't wait and weighed myself today, 18lbs down! I'm so pleased!! My start weight was 16st 3lbs and I'm now 14st 13lbs.

It really is hard to get started, but once you get going it gets so much easier. I'm hardly ever hungry and the shakes, soup or flapjack satisfy my appetite. I've been drinking loads too. It's made me realise how often I ate instead of drinking when I was thirsty. I've had a couple of blips when I've been working on the floor in the care home. I'm a senior carer so usually going round with a meds trolley or snowed under with paperwork in the office, so it's easy to stay away from food and the kitchen. But I was helping on the floor a couple of times and the first blip was when I was making toast for everyone and there was an unwanted slice with butter on it sitting lonely on a plate staring at me..... it was torture and I just went for it! That was just into my 2nd week. Then yesterday I was helping in the afternoon and one of the carers had brought in a multi pack of crisps for the staff and there was a spare bag of prawn cocktail, which are my favourite. They were gone in about 7 seconds, then I felt crap afterwards. However, 18lbs is still amazing, so I'm not tempted to do it again, I've come this far and have so much more to lose.

Sarah, no I haven't exercised apart from dog walking and I'm constantly on my feet for 12+ hours a day at work. I aim to lose another stone and then start going out on my bike. I think the tyres would burst under my weight at the moment!
Well done, you are doing fantastic! Hope I can keep going like you 👍

Back