Advice greatly appeeciated

shell09

Silver Member
Hi all! I'm at a huge crossroads in my life right now n need to take hold n advice would be good

Basically this week just split from my long term partner who was also my best mate and all that jaz! Over the years my mates have moved on settled down lust contact etc I have a 6 year old daughter I work during shook hours in a busy office environment n have many work friends /colleagues other than that my parents live down the road n I have a babysitter any time I need n I have 1 BFF around my age who's a gay guy. I'm 29 newly single female...... Now my mission is to get a life lol

I'm obviously still getting over things but trying to remain positive I need to make new friends n get involved in things meet new people keep busy etc. I'm not looking for a new man AT ALL but don't have many friends any more to be sociable with n I need to fix that

Do you have any suggestions I've looked up things in my area n can't fun much I do t really have any hobbies as such n browsed this sub forum n nothing took my interest tbh. I keep busy with work little one n house work etc but I need more

Am I rambling?? I think I am il stop lol what do u guys sugest? Anybody find yourself in similar situation what did you do to turn things around?

Hey shell, I guess its a good idea to think about what things you like and enjoy doing? I need to have more things in my life to keep my busy and active but it is quite difficult to find things that ate affordable and fun.

Have you tried any crafty things? Knitting in itself isn't a very social activity but over the past few years there have been knitting groups where people meet up and air and chat and knit together.

What about a sport? Gym? Or maybe just a regular exercise class at a health centre? That would tie in with the weight loss.

Hi thanks for the reply. I don't think arty crafty things are my cup of tea. I am considering doing some classes at my local gym just need to get motivated lol

Has anybody actually made friends at these classes though I mean friends not just somebody u see as n when u go to the class :)

Thanks! Coincidentally I've just registered in there to get some advice about my daughter n her stepdad so I shall defo have to have a look around there to see what I can find

Back