Advice & Guidance please

Discussion in 'Challenges - Weight Loss & Otherwise!' started by Aegreog, 3 June 2011 Social URL.

1. Aegreog

Aegreog New Member

Start Weight:
    8st7lb
    Current Weight:
    8st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Starvation
    Hi everyone, I'm 22 and female. Nickname Gee. :)

Basically I have a long story. As I'm sure most of you do. And I need guidance. I've even been to my Doctor about this but can't seem to get the help I want.

I'm 4ft 8. Ideally I'd like to be 6.7 - 7stone. Now I know there will be some gasps but don't worry...I've been this weight before and I'm not skin and bones. Because I'm so tiny I look and feel great at this weight. Plus I also have a bone disease that means I literally have to stay slim so I'm not in unessesary pain.

In the past, I have fasted. And it worked each time. I was 9 stone done it in 2009 and in a week lost a stone. Done it again a few weeks later and lost another stone after 13 days. The weight stayed off for 6 months. It came back after a stressful month and I fasted again and lost another stone in 10 days. Of course, this was silly. As each time I've eventually put the weight back on, and after trying it recently 3 times in the last 3 months, each time I put on MORE weight and twice as fast as the last time. Basically, I think I have completely messed up my proportions and I have learned my lesson well and truly.

I believe I have mostly burned muscle, and now have a very low metabolism. For example, I now eat perfect normally. I drink water and dont eat big portions, sweets or takeaways anymore, but I'm still steadily putting on weight every week. I believe I have more fat than muscle and would like some help in picking a good diet that not only helps build muscles, but doesn't cause my body to go into starvation mode anymore. I want to be healthy, I want to have children and I want to have ENERGY. I've been tired for months now and nap 3 times a day.

I find exercise hard with my bone condition. Its painful, and every time I hurt its my hip warning me to slow down. So I panic and don't push myself after that.

I recently tried slimfast but realised I might aswell be eating a nice small meal instead of drinking a 230 calorie shake!! I also tried an NHS diet but the problem was, I hate most of the foods you need.

My problem is, I don't really like fruit. At all. I tried Mango and it was lovely, but only the very core of it. That was after buying about 10 different fruits from Morrisons, I only found out I like Mango! How upsetting. I also dont like things like wholewheat toast, or tomatoes.

Can anyone recommend how much I eat? Little and often? What helps build muscles that doesn't require an hour of exercising a day? My Doctor just said to go to Weight Watchers!

Ideally, I'd like to loose this as fast as possible. And then stick to smart eating from now on. I just want my muscle mass and what was once my wonderful metabolism. Before I let myself go in my late teens, I was one of those people who could eat and eat and not put on a pound.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Kat1e

Kat1e This is for life

Start Weight:
    17st8.9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6.2lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10.1lb(26.77%)
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Have you considered a low carb diet? Most important thing is that you eat so body knows food is available so avoid starvation mode. Focus is on fat, protein and veg - no need to push fruit. If you think it might be interesting then the atkins board is lively and has good stickies

Good luck

krupskaya likes this.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.