Advice needed... please x

hennyhamster

Silver Member
I rejoined s-world and had my first weigh in on tuesday. I lost 2lb. I was gutted because other times I have done sw I have lost between 3-5lb so feeling upset.
I have cut out sooo much since I began and have been a saint, before I rejoined I was living on chocolate sweets and crisps and now it's all healthy, I was expecting a much better loss.

I think my problem is I don't have many syns in the week because there is always the chance I may need more at the weekends and am afraid of going over my syns allowance for the week, it is also quite hard to know how many syns I am having when I drink at my friends. I know about flexi syns maybe I should just do that for a day or just have no syns the day after I drink, what do you suggest??

I suggest that you go and pick up a bag of sugar as that is how much weight you lost - and then give yourself a pat on the back for doing so well!

It's okay to save some syns for the week end but you need to know how many syns you are using otherwise what is the point. You might as well be saying sod it every I'll have whatever I want every weekend. Why is it difficult to know you many syns you are drinking? Is it just the measures? Well make a point of measuring your own so you know exactly where you stand syn wise.

The beauty of flexi-syns is that you don't need to cut out your syns the following day to make up for it, you return to normal and have your 5-15 syns the following, and every day.

You still had a great weight loss!

I have my syns on a weekly basis you could do this. You may not know exactly how many syns you are having when with friends but you can hazzard a good guess. Make sure you write down all the syns you have on a weekly basis this will help you keep on track & stay in control.

I personally wouldn't recommend having flexi syns on a weekly basis, i think these are best saved for special occasions.

Don't forget, when you rejoined, you were 13 lbs LIGHTER than when you started!!!! Two pounds is a great first week loss. In my experience, it doesn't matter what your first weeks losses are, EVERYONE generally balances out at between 1/2 - 2 1/2 lbs per week.

Right, now to the practical solution.... You say that you don't have many syns in the week, as you don't know how many you will need at weekend......

Why not change what day you start your week? Your syns week doesn't have to run from weigh-in to weigh-in. Why not start your syns week at the weekend? Then you will know how many syns you will have left for the rest of the week, and can use them in confidence that you aren't going over.

HTH.

2lbs is a great loss :)
Dont be disheartened hun. I do find though If I dont have enough syns then my losses are not as good.
Have you tried having scan bran as this helps speed up your weight loss too? Plus lots of superspeed foods & mixing around your healthy extras xxx

Hi guys, I've had a think and decided to buy my own drink to take to my friends (vodka) that way I can work out how many syns are in it. When I did sworld before I used to drink every weekend and have good losses I just wish I could remember how I did it! My tummy is looking flatter this morning so fingers crossed I shall have a good result on Tuesday. Great idea Lonestitcher, I may rethink what day my week starts.

Back