Advice needed please

kaijo84

Ok so day 2 for me and although I did this last year I hadn't eaten the week before ( due to relationship breakdown) so didn't get any side effects. I feel really lightheaded and dizzy and just wondering if this is a normal side effect and will it pass, I'm drinking a lot of water so don't think it's that.
any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jo x

Ok so day 2 for me and although I did this last year I hadn't eaten the week before ( due to relationship breakdown) so didn't get any side effects. I feel really lightheaded and dizzy and just wondering if this is a normal side effect and will it pass, I'm drinking a lot of water so don't think it's that.
any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jo x

I didn't experience it Jo but i have seen posts on here about others who have. People will be logging on later and i am sure someone will set your mind at rest about it and that it is normal.......i think i read somewhere that it had something to do with the body looking for carbs (but don't quote me on that hehe) xx

I didn't experience it either but loads of other people on here did and it passes once you get into ketosis. Just keep drinking loads of water :D xx

Hi yaaaaaaaaaa!!
Sadly I cant help you as I didn't have any side effects like that !! I was working 12 hour shifts on the ward for my first 3 days and I was grand, I just kept drinking loads and loads of water !!
I read somewhere before I started the TFR that sometimes the psychological effect of not eating can effect you mentally and make you physically feel lightheaded/dizzy/starved. Someone wrote that you're not going to die in one day by not eating food and when you accept that mentally about this diet then you're outlook will change. I dunno how true that is and if that is whats causing you to feel lightheaded/dizzy but just make sure you drink loads of water because this diet shouldn't really be making you feel that ill xxx

Yes I get light headed, so don't worry it normal. As long as your not blacking out or falling over from it then you should be ok. Mention it to your doc/chemist at your next check in if concerned. It's probably due to having a lower blood sugar level now than when eating fatty & sugary foods. I'm on day 8 and get them Occasionally throughout the day, like when I stand up quick, so it might take a little time to settle.

Yeah, sometimes if I've been doing something vigourous like housework I'll pause and he overwhelmed by lightheadedness for a minute or two. Or if I've been bending over I'll get a headrush when I stand up and be really dizzy. It's pretty sporadic. I think as well that side effects like headaches and lightheadedness are the body withdrawing from sugar and carbs. It'll lead to being healthier in the long run! :)

i was told if you drink plenty of water the headaches and dizzness goes away. After reading about the night out , i can smell those chips from here......so i have imagined i ate them while i drink my full glass of water just to wash them down.... thats my trick to visualise the eating and the reality is im drinking the water or coffee cleansing my tastebuds without the weight gain.....ha well it works for me so far...lol

Good approach. I'm on day 11 and still get the light headed moments, but they pass quickly and are mostly if I stand up quick or bend over. I'm just getting used to it and stand still to let it pass before continuing on with what I was doing. They aren't that bad so I'll cope.

Back