Advice needed please!

o0o_Lisa

Hi all

I started LL 5 days ago and I could really do with some advice from anyone that has been doing it a while.

I've been struggling since the word go. I was so excited about starting and really felt in the mindset to do this. Yet the minute I started it, I haven't been able to stop thinking about food.

Everytime I cook the kids their tea, it's taking all my will power to not have a little bit.

Anyway, yesterday I was so bad :cry: I took the kids to Mcdonalds (big mistake) and although I didn't order myself anything, when my son left 2 of his chicken selects, I ate them. I was just so hungry and feeling so deprived :break_diet:

I'm so mad with myself and disappointed that I've failed at such an early stage :cry:. What I want to know though, is will those two little pieces of chicken make much difference to my weight loss? All I had yesterday was one shake, one bar, and the chicken??

Hi Lisa
Sorry to hear you are struggling.
the first week can be tough so don't give up yet!

My advice would be:

1. Forget about yesterday, its gone.

2. Read as many blogs on here as you can - they are inspirational, but also show how people have coped with hard times

3. Get your number of posts up by playing some of the game threads- then look at the photo albums for inspiration

4. Think about what you will look like in 3 months time - you will need a new wardrobe!

5. I have 3 kids so obviously have to cook everyday. See it as a challenge - have a cup of the stock drink when you are cooking/they are eating to take away any hunger pangs

6. Don't think that you 'can't' eat such and such - you can - but you are simply 'choosing not to' at the moment

7. All the food you crave will still be there in 6 months time - its not that you are never going to eat it again - just not for a while

8. Think about the money £66 is a lot each week - why on earth would you want to spend that and more on other food you don't need? Also if you keep on cheating you will have to spend more time on LL = more expense

9. Remember - LL works.
you WILL lose at least 3 stone in 100 days - but you mustn't cheat. ever. at all. end of!

10. When you are tempted have a bath, paint your nails, go outside in the garden, come on minimins

Finally, repeat this mantra....
"IT'S ONLY FOOD"

Well it helps me!

good luck hun
daisy x

oh nearly forgot - NEVER miss foodpacks. You MUST have all 4 every day or you are missing vital nutrients and you will not lose weight any faster!

Hi Lisa, I'm half way through foundation now and I can honestly say, it does get easier! The first week was really hard but once you get in to week 2 & 3 it just becomes routine. Yes, I still think about food but as Daisy says its only food & it certinaly doesnt taste as good as getting slimmer feels:D

Good luck - keep going !

Thankyou both very much for replying to me. Daisy they were some brilliant, motivating tips - I appreciate it very much.

no probs - i just want you to feel as fantastic as i do!!!!!

daisy x

I think that's one of the most inspirational posts I've ever seen from you Daisy! :cool:

Can't add anything, but just wanted to wish you luck Lisa :)
You can do this, keep telling yourself that YOU are in control and YOU are choosing to not eat because you do not NEED to!

Can't add anything else to the advice here.Just want to wish you luck.It does get easier.Get the posts up and look at the inspiration slide show.That will be you in a while :) xx

I can't thank you all enough for the encouraging words.

I've got back on track today and been good, and after reading all your posts I feel much happier. Haven't felt tooooo hungry either woooo!

So I need to get my post count up before I can view peoples pictures?

Edit: Just want to say that I think you look amazing in your pictures Pete. Well done!!

Yup, keep posting. Very soon this whole site will open before your eyes and you won't want to turn back!!!

Hi Lisa

I have only 2 things to add to what Daisy has said.

1. Be sure to drink at least the recommended amount of water - little and often.

2. Good luck.

:)

Hang in there - it does get easier. ANd when it does you will forget this initital struggela dn won;t be able to believe how easy it is!! It get to where you will not even think of food, and dealing with it for your family will become so much easier.

Hang in there.....get focused, andkeep youer head down, and sail through.

It will be the best thing you have ever done for yourself....i promise you that. It changed my life...it will change yours too!!!!

:)

gOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

It's amazing how kind words and encouragement from people on here can work wonders. You've all really helped me so much.

Blonde Logic, I've seen some of your pictures on here in the past when I was browsing - long before I actually joined LL and you truly are an inspiration.

Lisa, You can do it. And it becomes a routine after the first couple of weeks. So easy now I can deal with any social situation quite comfortably without fear of lapsing. Focus on why you're here :).

It's amazing how kind words and encouragement from people on here can work wonders. You've all really helped me so much.

Blonde Logic, I've seen some of your pictures on here in the past when I was browsing - long before I actually joined LL and you truly are an inspiration.

Aw, bless ya Lisa. Well, as the old adage goes - "If I can do it, YOU can do it!" :)

xx

Back