Advice needed plx

zadra

Hello !

I am new to this forum but the enthusiasm I have seen so far is cheering my up during bad moments.
However I got a problem- I have started Lighter life programme 2 weeks ago. I am in ketosis, never cheated, drinking 5-7l water a day and losing weight. However I am worried about being terribly lightheaded, dizzy, tired etc most of the time. When I wake up I sometimes literally have no energy to lift myself up. It gets worrying as it feels as if i constantly had some pressure on my muscles and i get tired within minutes of walking etc but feeling weak, sleepy and dizzy is most worrying. It happens that i cannot move too fast or i see all the colours infront of my eyes, i get sick in car etc (never really had travel sickness before). I know these symptoms are present in most cases during first few days, but i'm about to enter my 3rd week. My counsellor doesn't seem to have any idea why. I don't have any health problems, blood pressure= normal etc.
ANyone with similar problem ? :cry: I don't wanna stop the diet coz i really dont feel hungry, no overwhelming cravings etc which is good, but I cannot really function properly with these 'side effects'
:gen147:

sorry 2 hear ur having problems hun... I haven't actually experienced anything like this unless I've not drunk enuf water... I'm not much help but sure someone will be along 2 help in a sec xx

I too have not suffered as severly as you seem to be. Yes I was tired in the first week and had a slight headache. I will admit I still get a bit dizzy every now and then.

Why not have a word with your doctor - it might not have anything to do with LL, you may have a virus.

Sorry, no help really!

hah I know, thinking really hard myself!Thanks for replies anyhow guys <3 Can't be any virus though, according to tests i'm all fine and healthy :S I thought I didn't drink enough water, however I can easily down 8-9l a day (never had prblems with drinking lotsa water before LL- though I try not to exeggerate so I stick to 7lish max ). really weird :S To be honest I'm slightly scared to go to doctors - I don't want to hear that obviously the diet isn't doing me any good and I should stop it. Mind you, 13lbs in first week is definately good if you ask me! lol
heh gonna wait one more week (or 2) and see if things are still like this :(

13 lbs in your first week! That's fantastic!

hah I know, thinking really hard myself!Thanks for replies anyhow guys <3 Can't be any virus though, according to tests i'm all fine and healthy :S I thought I didn't drink enough water, however I can easily down 8-9l a day (never had prblems with drinking lotsa water before LL- though I try not to exeggerate so I stick to 7lish max ). really weird :S To be honest I'm slightly scared to go to doctors - I don't want to hear that obviously the diet isn't doing me any good and I should stop it. Mind you, 13lbs in first week is definately good if you ask me! lol
heh gonna wait one more week (or 2) and see if things are still like this :(

Could it be that ur drinking too much water maybe?? 8-9 litres is double what they suggest... thats heaps...

Funny you should post this after my meeting on Thursday...it could actually be that you are not in full ketosis yet. I found out on Thursday that it can actually take up to a month for people to be in proper ketosis even though the sticks are changing colour for them. I too drink masses of water and that shouldn't be affecting you if you are used to drinking a lot. Give it another couple of weeks and then see how you feel.

One of our ladies sisters is a nurse and she warned her about drinking too much water - excessive water is just as bad for you (in other ways) then not enough. Thugh you say you are used to it - but 7-9 litres when you are eating normal food may be OK were 7 ltrs on no food might not? I agree, cut back the water to about 4-5 litres as reccomended and see what happens?

I was like that in the first week or two. Not really had much of it since, except yesterday I was doing a lot of extreme housework - and I didn't eat anything all day - late in the afternoon the room started spining and I had to sit! Are you spacing your meals out?

Good luck to you. :)

Last edited:
I work at a doctors surgery and the doctor there said the only way drinking water can be a problem is if you drink over 11 litres in a quick time. You may retain a bit of water but the body will work it through (water does weigh heavy though).

Thank you for all the replies guys :grouphugg:
Well, I will try and drink no more than 5-6l a day then, see how it goes :S Even though I have also heard drinking so much water shouldnt affect you as long as it's distributed properly and not drank at once, but maybe because people keep eating normally and keep refilling the good stuff that got flushed out? No idea.. Worth a shot I guess though

then again : (taken from one of the sites posted by Blonde)

It's Not How Much You Drink, It's How Fast You Drink It! The kidneys of a healthy adult can process fifteen liters of water a day! You are unlikely to suffer from water intoxication, even if you drink a lot of water, as long as you drink over time as opposed to intaking an enormous volume at one time. As a general guideline, most adults need about three quarts of fluid each day. Much of that water comes from food, so 8-12 eight ounce glasses a day is a common recommended intake. You may need more water if the weather is very warm or very dry, if you are exercising, or if you are taking certain medications. The bottom line is this: it's possible to drink too much water, but unless you are running a marathon or an infant, water intoxication is a very uncommon condition.

Hmpf.. Guess I'll just wait, see if this condition persists and if so ill go see doctors.
Thanks for all the ideas nonetheless :)

ps. yes, I do space my 'meals' out so I don't think that's it. Though I must say I feel brilliant and full of energy in the evening and absolutely awful during the day .. o_O

yes obviously, I will try it out and if nothing changes i'm going to see my gp definately.

you are all incredible help, thanks guys :)

yes obviously, I will try it out and if nothing changes i'm going to see my gp definately.

you are all incredible help, thanks guys :)

Glad you had a look - sorry they didn't pertain, I just sort of skimmed over them, but obvioulsy we can take on a lot of water! Good grief, I struggle with 4 or 5!! :D

Well in any event, sure hope you feel better soon and it sorts itself out! :)

(Didn't intend for the links to cause panic - I didn;t think they would have, it was just information....but if it did scare anyone, SORRY!! :))

Back