Advice needed - Slimming world to Weight Watchers

Bella30

Silver Member
Hi all

I have done Slimming World in the past but am considering joining Weight Watchers because my housemate and I both want to lose some weight. She joined WW on Saturday but I couldn't make it so have been shadowing her this week with it but am finding it quite difficult to get into because I am so used to the SW way.

Is there anyone else here who has had the same problem and were you able to get over it. I'm considering joining the class with her this weekend, but am still unsure whether it will be the right decision?

Bella

I find Weight Watchers more liveable to do on a day to day basis. As long as you stay within your points you can have anything and if you use your points wisely they go a long way. I like slimming world but weight watchers fits in better with my life at the moment. Try it for say a month and compare both there are lots of free registration vouchers at the moment on ww web site and in news papers saving you 14.99 for your first week. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Thank you, I'll give it a go and let you know how I get on :)

*waves* There's alot of recent sw defectors here at the mo.. Ive been a slimming world member for 3 years, reaching target, keeping target and then falling pregnant.. i carried on with slimming world when i had baby to loose left over weight, and have dropped a stone and half, but i find that now i need something fresh.. i have been gaining and loosing consistently each week for about two months now. It felt like a *really* big step out of my comfort zone, i joined online as i find making classes too hard now as OH can't always have my little girl and it's not fair on her to sit through an hour of ladies whinging the can't stop eating cookies lol (yep, that's me.. i'm a cookie fiend!) Anyways. I thought i'd really struggle, and i thought i'd suddenly really miss SW and all i love about it.. but the new propoints plan has been so easy to follow so far.. and i'm enjoying eating a sandwhich at lunch instead of waiting for my jacket pud.. it's silly but i'm excited for seeded bread, pesto.. dips and little ww treats.. .. when i first got access to the online after i signed up, I was like.. ****. I've made a mistake. It looked very, very confusing.. but i spent a few days working my way around the site, and then planning a weeks worth of meals.. breakfast/lunch/dinner. I'm on day four now and already i'm finding that i understand the plan much more than i thought and am beginning to relax. I LOVE my big portions and although i'm a teeny bit hungrier on ww, the portion sizes aren't as pixie small as i anticipated them to be lol.. also, the weekly points mean that i feel totally in control. OH bought me some double choc chip bakery cookies home tonight, and usually if i'd eaten them, i'd have felt it all spiraling out of control and i'd have been certain to have wasted another week with a gain.. but it feels different on ww. It still feels naughty, and there's a bit of me that is pooping it for Saturday, a seed of doubt that this can't possibly work.. though i really, really hope it does.

There's definitely pros and cons to both plans but you wont know until you try. For me, i'm committing for three months and then i'll reassess, but i think i could easily swap and change between ww/sw as and when life dictates i need too in future.

Good luck!

I have joined WW from SW and its a whole different ball game.

I went to class (and go to a WW class to be weighed) and got all of the info and bought a delux pack - this includes a pro points calculator, a shopping guide, eating out guide, shopping list, food journal, pen and discount vouchers. Bargain of £20.

I dont need to go back to class to follow the plan, but prefer the weigh in, to keep me in check.

I have been eating all sorts of foods that were hard to fit in on SW, not ones I couldnt have, but ones that were high in syns!

Best of luck whatever you choose x

Hey i love the sw plan, but as a busy mum and student ww fits in better with my life, i can just grab something on the run if i need to. I found with sw i had to be super organised and that is just not me. I also had to learn portion control and i learn that better with ww. With sw because i know pasta is free i just eat and eat until i can no longer move lol. It depends on your life i think as to which will suit. With sw i sort of missed the fact that at lunch i couldn't run out and get a boots meal deal if i was in town and there wasnt very much prepacked sandwiches and things that fitted in. And i love that fact that fruit is free on ww now too x

On my third day of ww after over 2 years at sw and I too am enjoying the change and feeling that it fits my life better at the mo, if want to have a sandwich,grab something while out etc etc
I also think I am going to benefit from the portion controls and learn a bit more of a balance of yes I can have a Mcdonalds say out with my family but then I need to cut back a bit on other things and eat more free foods.
I could have things on sw but the syns weren't that many and was finding that it was getting a bit unrealistic to think I was never going to eat any of these things again.
So fingers crossed this will be the answer for me :)

Ive done both plans recently but am sticking with slimming world. Im sick of being hungry on ww i must be doin summat wrong! I find im totally satisfied with sw but we are all different and different plans suit different ppl

Iv did both, loved the amount u could eat on SW but i need portion control & found when i came off SW i piled on pounds cause my body wanted the same mass amount of food! Also alot of time i didnt have time 2 make meals from scratch...
I hear loads of people losing loadsa lbs evry wk on SW but tht wasnt th case 4me,ws very slow which was disheartenin wen evry1 els was losing non-stop!!
WW is the way forward 4me, im losing steadily but i can eat what i want & have a normal social life...
Hope ths helps:)

Thank you everyone, I really appreciate your comments. I took the plunge and have joined my local WW class this morning so its onwards and upwards....or should that be downwards?! I've got a lot to read through but hopefully I'll get my head round it and will be able to follow it. My housemate is my inspiration after she lost 7lbs in her first week! So, so happy for her.

I'll keep you posted with how I get on.

Thanks again

Bella x

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using MiniMins

I'm on day 3 of my defecting from SW to WW. It's actually going better than I thought. I love my carbs so I do miss my bigger portions from SW tho. Having said that, it may have been the big portions that were causing the slow weight loss. Intrigued to see how my first week goes and if the scales budge. I'm trying WW for a couple of weeks to see how it goes. I can always go back to SW if need be.

Hiya,

I was on and off SW for years (with success) but I was getting fed up of passate, muller lights and all the other boring "free foods". Plus, since starting my PGCE, life was pretty hectic and trying to fit SW in was not happening. I decided to give WWs a go. And I have never had a diet like it. I can have crisps, chocolate, ice cream, pizzas, macaroni and cheese, stuffed peppers, mcdonalds, nandos... the list goes ON!!!

I can fit it around my uni life and my personal life - (BF is so jealous when he sees the WW desserts). I have lost 9.5lbs in 5 weeks and I haven't once felt hungry or deprived. Absolutely love it. And knowing where to buy cheap WWs products makes it more convenient as they can be very overpriced in some supermarkets!!

In contrast to SW, I didn't have a "full" switch so ate til I felt sick - knowing the pasta etc was ''free''. Whereas now I have normal sized portions.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
xx

I'm on day 3 of my defecting from SW to WW. It's actually going better than I thought. I love my carbs so I do miss my bigger portions from SW tho. Having said that, it may have been the big portions that were causing the slow weight loss. Intrigued to see how my first week goes and if the scales budge. I'm trying WW for a couple of weeks to see how it goes. I can always go back to SW if need be.

Good luck. Hope it's going well. I have finished day 2 now with 4 points to spare which I will no doubt be eating within the next hour! lol So far so good also!

bugsbunny2000 said:
Hiya,

I was on and off SW for years (with success) but I was getting fed up of passate, muller lights and all the other boring "free foods". Plus, since starting my PGCE, life was pretty hectic and trying to fit SW in was not happening. I decided to give WWs a go. And I have never had a diet like it. I can have crisps, chocolate, ice cream, pizzas, macaroni and cheese, stuffed peppers, mcdonalds, nandos... the list goes ON!!!

I can fit it around my uni life and my personal life - (BF is so jealous when he sees the WW desserts). I have lost 9.5lbs in 5 weeks and I haven't once felt hungry or deprived. Absolutely love it. And knowing where to buy cheap WWs products makes it more convenient as they can be very overpriced in some supermarkets!!

In contrast to SW, I didn't have a "full" switch so ate til I felt sick - knowing the pasta etc was ''free''. Whereas now I have normal sized portions.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
xx

Where have u found the cheapest ww products? Thank you please xx

Iceland have an offer on atm. 3 for £3 and 2 for £3 on frozen meals and deserts.

No probs. Does anyone know how to work out your daily points? I was talking through ww with my sister on sat and she really likes the process of it and wants to give it a go. To be fair, she doesn't need to lose much but she'd like an idea on how many points she should be on a day but I can't find anything to tell her!

Back