Advice needed - Slimming world to Weight Watchers

Yep Poundland is great - I get all my
Wraps/pittas/bagels there :) and also WW crisps and other 2pp crisps! and Iceland are great for there 3 for £3 deals. Also Morrisons had some chilled WW pizzas reduced to 99p so stuck em in the freezers.

Bella if you pop her details on I'll try and work it out on my WW calculator. I think it's to do with current weight, height, activity level, age, gender, pregnancy...

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm liking all the suggestions for WW food, thanks all - that's a great help!

bugsbunny - thank you. The details are: Female, aged 27, not pregnant, 5ft 6, weigh 9st 5lbs, very active. To be honest, she doesn't want to join Weight Watchers and the details will probably say she doesn't need to, but she wants to be a lot more healthier and she's snacking on the wrong kind of foods so she's really looking for a more healthy balance to what she eats. Let me know what you find! :)

Jesus... At 9st 5 she definitely doesn't need to be on WW?! Does she actually want to lose weight? Or is she looking to maintain the weight she is?

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

No, don't get me wrong, she doesn't want to lose weight but she wants to be able to maintain it a lot better than what she is doing. I spoke to her about how ww works and she'd like to give it a go and she if she can use this method in order to do that. Sorry, I'm not trying to rub it in or anything. She's just looking for a healthier lifestyle.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using MiniMins

I would advise her not to! The worse thing for slim people to do is go on that very first diet, and end up 6 stone heavier 10 years later!

Hmm... I don't know about this hon? I wouldn't encourage a diet on her when she doesn't need to. But if its maintaining she wants and she's determined to try WW then she'll need to eat more points than WW gives to us who are trying to lose weight. Probs 30-32 per day. If she loses weight on that she needs to up it again (if she gains decrease by a point etc etc) - very much trial and error when maintaining on WW unfortunately.

It said 26pp but yeah for her I would recommend you look at the maintaining boards... Or a different diet. If she's already slim and wants a healthier lifestyle then just eating healthier should fix that no? More Fruit and veg and fibre, less fat and sugar and carbs (not cut em out just not too many)... And lots of exercise.

Unless she wants to _lose_ weight she wont be on 26. Probs have to try maintaining like I said from between 30-32 or so pp daily. But as someone suggested... SW might actually be grand for maintaining!!

Thanks everyone, I appreciate your comments! Anyway, back to the matter at hand, how are you all getting on with your points? My first week is going well so far and I'm actually really enjoying it. Was wondering though, what is your favourite WW recipe?

Hi all,

Well it looks like ww was the right decision as had my first week weigh in today and lost 6lbs!

Hope you're all having a good weekend

Bella x

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using MiniMins

That's fantastic! Onwards and downwards :D xx

I've just swapped over from sw to ww And have lost 3 n half pounds this week, really chuffed with that, I love the fact I can just grab something quick at lunchtime like a sandwich..oh how I've missed bread!!! congrats on your 6 lbs loss this week that's a great result :) x

ww or sw

I've just swapped over from sw to ww And have lost 3 n half pounds this week, really chuffed with that, I love the fact I can just grab something quick at lunchtime like a sandwich..oh how I've missed bread!!! congrats on your 6 lbs loss this week that's a great result :) x

Hi thats great, Im struggling on sw just cant stick to it, ive lost bit of weight but nothing more than half a stone :( is ww difficult to follow with the new pro points or easier ? any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you

It's better to follow, a lot more flexible but you need to forget everything on the old plan and start new with propoints. It changed when I was half way through my weight loss. (lost 3 stone in 7 months) but once I got my head round it I realise it's so much better. I have never felt like I was on a diet!

Hi thats great, Im struggling on sw just cant stick to it, ive lost bit of weight but nothing more than half a stone :( is ww difficult to follow with the new pro points or easier ? any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you

Hi, i had the same problem on sw, i lost 1 stone fairly quickly then nothing more :( I am on day 4 of my first week on ww and wish i had moved to ww sooner,rather than wasting 1 month losing and gaining the same 2 lbs on sw. I am loving the wider choice of foods,and being able to have a ready meal or take away which doesn't use half my weeks syns is fab!!
I got a free 7 day free online trial last week and i think the offer is still on so you could give it a go for free. I totally reccommed it.

Hi everyone. I am joining ww on Monday. I lost a stone on sw last year but went off plan and have piled it back on. I have tried and tried to get back on sw but have found that I have got bored.
I have tried ww pp once before but found my points were used very quickly and I was left hungry. I just tend to spend my points unwisely! I am going to give it a serious go though because I have a special event in 5 weeks and so if I can lose half a stone by then to fit back into a dress I own then I would be elated :)
I think I will have to post a food diary to try and stay on track and perhaps have a look at what others are eating to gain some ideas?
ps-I have not visited this site in a while and not sure how I feel about the new format?! I don't like change...

I hate the new format so I do it off my phone instead most of the time!

Welcome :) good luck!

I love weightwatchers - have lost 19lbs so far and have enjoyed every week. I hope you do too!

A diary sounds great :)

Back