Advice needed

TrueBlueAngel

I WILL be thin!!
Right, here it is, I've lost approx. 4.5stones on CD and really pleased but want to lose another stone. Since Christmas I've simply yoyo-ed with CD and kept it at a reasonable stable maintenence. When I eat, I go seriously OTT (does my IBS no good whatsoever, makes me feel ill but I still do it). It tends to be special occasions, meals out, etc. I want to eat!! But I want to lose that extra stone. My willpower has gone, totally gone, hence why I've been avoiding here.:cry: I can do CD at work, but clearly not at home. I'm off at Easter so god help me and those easter eggs.

I have 3 choices now.
1, I can give up altogether and destroy everything I've worked for in my weight loss.
2, I can get Easter out of the way, get back on CD, try to get my willpower back and get to target.
3, I forget CD and try something like Weightwatchers or Slimming World to get that final stone off but be able to eat food. I've done Slimming World before and know I can have what I like without going OTT. I'm curious about WW.

I cant be alone in struggling, surely?! I'd be grateful for any advice/thoughts on this.
Thanks

Bah, just wrote a long reply and hit backspace ><

I've been having trouble since Xmas too. Whilst I've not gained, I just think of all the weight I could have lost. I would be at goal right now, if I'd not fannied about!!! That SHOCKS me and annoys the hell out of me!

As for going on WW / SW - that's up to you. I know I couldn't, I would cheat on my way to goal, delaying it by months and months. With Cambridge, once I'm "on" plan (that's the hard bit!), I'm fine and don't cheat, it's just getting the ball rolling.

It's up to you when you get back on CD, if it is the right thing for you - I can't tell you that, but if you decide it is, then I find it's best to just bite the bullet and quit putting it off. You can do it, think of all the weight you've lost and how close to goal you are!!!

I vote for option number 2!! If that fails then try SW. I've been struggling this month and have been having days on and off the diet (it didn't help that I've 4 planned breaks in 4weeks!!). I'm going home for Easter and will have to eat as my dad doesn't know I'm on this and is afraid of me losing too much weight.

Here's to both of us coming back with new determination after Easter!! :D

Which Cambridge plan are you on?

First , congratulations on your weight loss so far .. you have come so far :)
I totally know where you are !! I lost 5 stone 12 so far and am finding it so hard to stay on track now to get the last 1.5 stone off .. its like my body wants to stay at 12.5 stone or something grrrr
I have toyed with the idea of swapping to SW .. but its a little scarey as at least I know CD works and will be faster .. if only I can stick to it !!!! I have just read a great book by Gillian Riley , called Eating less ( amazon about £4) .. and its given me a whole new way of looking at and trying to control my eating .. and i have found that this week I have been much more able to take control and choose not to eat .. may be worth a try ??
What plan are you on ?? If you are SS it may be wirht looking at SS+ or even 810 .. and at least you have a meal to look forward to , and on special occassions its easier to be able to have something .. even if its not quite steak and chips !!!!

Hope you work it out .. I am much more positive this week and am hoping that I am finally going to get this last bit off :)

Experience tells me that it's time for you to settle for a different plan that doesn't involve the total abstinence from food, that SS does.
Losing weight is hard, SS is possibly the most difficult way to do it. The rewards of fast weight loss are what has kept you motivated for so long... Congratulations on your loss btw!
Go home, enjoy Easter and join SW or WW (WW has a plan that is very similar to SW now as well as the trad 'points' thing)
The most important thing to take into consideration, is that the last bit of weight is the most stubborn and therefore the most challenging to lose, so be prepared to spend 2 or even 3 months getting to your final goal.
However, during that time, you will learn to eat normal meals and perhaps re-educate your taste buds somewhat, so that it will be easier to maintain your new body.
Please don't continue to torture yourself trying to get back on the SS wagon, it will only end in tears and weight gain. (IMO)

I know you were on 810, just wondered whether you have moved up from there?

It's hard to know what to advise without knowing what plan you are struggling with

BTW determinator, I agree the Gillian Riley book is very good. Possibly better when maintaining, but still useful stuff in there when dieting :)

KD, I did move up to 810 and was ok with that. That, I think was before Xmas, but since then have been trying to do SS again to get to where I was and beyond. In too much of a hurry to get to target :(

KD, I did move up to 810 and was ok with that. That, I think was before Xmas, but since then have been trying to do SS again to get to where I was and beyond. In too much of a hurry to get to target :(

Have you tried getting back to 810 (at least)? If your stats are correct, you shouldn't be on SS or SS+ anyway and it'll be so hard to keep to as your hormone levels will be making you crave.

What about 810 on the days you work, and 1000 at the weekend?

Or 1000 completely. I spoke to another consultant the other day who said that her clients favourite plans are SS+ or 1000. She didn't have anyone on SS at all, most had chosen 1000.

Have you tried that one?

It's no good being in a 'hurry' and doing a stricter plan, when it just leads to yoyoing is it. Does the head in for a start and takes ages.

I think you're right, KD. My counsellor wouldnt have a clue. Shes my 2nd one (first one was money making only) and I purely see her now just to get CD. Ask her for advice and she wouldnt know. She even encouraged me to go back to SS even though we both know that I shouldnt be. Living in such a rural area, I've pretty much run out of counsellors.

I think you're right, KD. My counsellor wouldnt have a clue. Shes my 2nd one (first one was money making only) and I purely see her now just to get CD. Ask her for advice and she wouldnt know. She even encouraged me to go back to SS even though we both know that I shouldnt be. Living in such a rural area, I've pretty much run out of counsellors.

Weymouth/Bournemouth/Weymouth/Bournemouth :D

You definitely need at least 810 and the weight loss on that is usually fab unless you are going straight from 100% SSing, then it can take a bit to settle into losses again (some people find).

I think you need to build up some confidence that you can do this. It doesn't get so much harder when you are close to goal as the old chatterbox will be doing everything to knock you off plan.

What about giving 810 a go, but the moment it feels a struggle, add the 1000 foods. Find a plan that you can do and the weight will come off much quicker.

As for the head stuff, you've done a great job so far, and you can continue that way. Really you can! What goes through your head when you 'fall off'....and after?

Typical, KD, couldnt you be a bit nearer and be my CDC!!

Typical, KD, couldnt you be a bit nearer and be my CDC!!
Hey im 1st on the list lol;)
Some great advice there. I think alot of people see CD as the lower plans and forget about the higher plans that do work too.
Just to repeat what others have said, the Eating less book is a good read and does make you think:D

I was really struggling on ss, but didn't want to "give in" but after talking to cdc about struggles went onto ss+ and then 810 I'm now moving up to 1000 and finding it so much easier, wish I'd moved to ss+/810 (as cdc suggested) sooner instead of struggling

I simply wish I had a supportive CDC who actually knows about the diet :(

Hi,

I have done ww before and lost over 6 stone with them , the diet is fantasic especially if you only got a stone to lose as u can eat normaly, When i was losing my weight i ate 3 good meals a dya plus a little choc treat,wine,takeouts ! nothings banned as long as you point everything

Back