1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Advice needed!

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by Medea, 13 August 2008 Social URL.

1. Medea

Medea Is Irrepressible!! : )

In September, I am going away for work for a few days. This would be all fine and dandy in usual circumstances, but I know (as I am going with only one other person) that this will involve eating out in restaurants etc. This would not usually bother me at all, but as I am only going with one person I am not too sure what to do as it would be weird sitting in a restaurant and watching a person eat. I had kinda made a decision to re-feed the week before and eat (very sensibly) whilst I am there and restart on the Wednesday when I would be returning. (As it goes I would only have to eat on Monday night, Tuesday lunch and dinner time- I think I could get away with the breakfast bit as I will be working 9-5pm!)

Has anyone else had a problem like this? How easy is it to restart? Should I treat LT like Slimfast (as such) whilst I'm there? Or should I just carry on and explain what I am up to? I am in such a pickle!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. sailor_Jack

sailor_Jack Gonna be slim again

I can imagine how hard it will be. But why not just bite the bullet and say hey im on a strict diet, do ya mind if i dont eat. Especially after the fabulous amount you have lost already, why endanger all that hard work. Put yourself first. Afterall its only for a short while.
    Jackx

4. cuddlyfairy

cuddlyfairy Well-Known Member

If you don't want to tell them about LT could you not develop a tummy bug? Or have a whinge about how typical your doc puts you on a fasting diet for 24 hours before a blood test? It would be a real shame to undo all your hard work for 2 days.

Whatever you decide I'm sure it will be the best decision for you.

x

5. Gene Genie

Gene Genie Mad as cheese

if you have to i would eat a meal in the evening(low carb) and drink your shake for brekkie and lunch tell em your on slimfast but personally i would say im on a diet that involves shakes and i will be drinking them, if you have lost a fair bit of weight recently and they are around they will have figured out your on some kind of diet anyway

Also last week my friend called me when i was just about to sit down to a big lunch with a client of Mr G's i excused myself when i came back i said she was distraught her hubby had just left her (thats why i had dissapeared for the whole half hour they were eating!)

6. missyd

missyd Well-Known Member

i would come clean, i went away for a week and was a bit worried about sitting in restaurants not eating but i can honestly say it was ok and im so glad i stuck to the diet instead of eating, good luck with whatever you decide x

7. kazza55

kazza55 Well-Known Member

I went our for lunch with my family on Sunday for the first time and i really enjoyed sitting there with a smug grin on my face sipping my fizzy water whilst they were stuffing their faces. If it was me, i would be completely honest with your collegue, you have done so well up to now it would be a shame to damage all the hard work you have put in so far. Good luck with whatever you decide to do x

8. tara66

tara66 Well-Known Member