Advice on using mix a mousse!!

Hi,
I cant live without my mouse they are the best..... I have choc,strawberry, chocmint and vanilla. The key is to use ice cold water. You have to use 150ml of ice cold water 1 scoop of mix a mouse and then blend it with a hand blender and place in the fridge for 10minutes. You shouldnt need to leave it any longer than that but make sure you eat it within 15mins max as it will lose all its nutrients after this...

Enjoy x

As with the bullion and the water flavourings, are you only allowed one measure of mix-a-mousse a day or can you have like 3 mousses as day?

So, can you have one mix-a-mousse, one water flavouring and one bullion in the same day - or just one of the three?

I have 1 mousse 1 bar & 1 soup - OMG the mousse is lushhhhhhhhhhhhhhh xx xx:p

hmmm might have to have another go with the mix-a-mousse then.... was vile when I tried it the first time.

xxx

You do have to persevere with it - when I first tried it, the mix-a-mousse bit seemed to turn into a long sticky gluey thing that tried to wrap itself round my blender, lol. Just keep blending away like mad until everything has been pulverised to a liquid (otherwise you'll get white bits in it). Then yes - it's yummy! And feels like you've actually had something to eat.

(PS. Do NOT try to make a mousse with a Tetra - most disastrous thing I ever did. It's gopping! :yuk:)

i use 150 ml of cold water(the colder the better), but make sure you mix the mousse powder into the sachet really well 1st before adding to the water.
Then use electric blender for around 1min before putting in the fridge.
I sometimes break up half a peanut bar into the bottom of a glass dish then add the mousse on top.....it is delicious

I also meant to say it's worth getting a plastic bowl scraper to make sure you get every little scrap of mixture out of the shaker (or whatever you're blending in) - you don't want to waste a drop! I usually end up licking the mixture off the blender too - when that's all you've got for dinner, you don't want to donate any of it to the washing-up, lol. :D

Well I have just ate my very first mix-a-mousse and it was gorgeous. Made strawberry flavour. To be honest I did struggle to finish it becasue it was a little bit sickly but I could eat it again, in fact will probably have one every night now :). This is my millionth attempt at CD (only second serious!) and never had mix-a-mousse. Wish I had had it first time around

I use just less than a level scoop of mix a mousse & shake it up in the packet with the powder before adding it to 200ml of cold water and blitzing it with the hand blender for a minute. Then I tip it into two bowls. If you leave it to set for about 10 minutes it's kind of angel delight consistency and I normally eat the other one an hour or so later by which time it's set, but quite a soft set, a bit like a shop bought mousse. The vitamins don't deteriorate if you leave it more than 15 minutes, it's just the thickeners that can break down, but the mix a mousse seems to stop any change in texture or separation.

I use just less than a level scoop of mix a mousse & shake it up in the packet with the powder before adding it to 200ml of cold water and blitzing it with the hand blender for a minute. Then I tip it into two bowls. If you leave it to set for about 10 minutes it's kind of angel delight consistency and I normally eat the other one an hour or so later by which time it's set, but quite a soft set, a bit like a shop bought mousse. The vitamins don't deteriorate if you leave it more than 15 minutes, it's just the thickeners that can break down, but the mix a mousse seems to stop any change in texture or separation.

That's good to know becasue I was under the impression you had to eat/drink your CD's within 15 minutes of making them. I enjoyed my mousse:eat: but struggled at the end as it was quite sickly. Definately would have been better in two portions

ahh Lilac I might try it again with 200 mils of water, I've tried it with 150 mils and it set kinda like jelly and wasn't very nice

Just had a banana shake as a mousse........Lush!! Cant believe I wanted till week 11 to try...mind you worth the wait.
Thanks for you tips on making the mousses.

I know you are only supposed to have one mousse a day, but what would happen if you had two

Back