Advice on what to do for Easter??

Tanya c

Hi all,

I was pondering on the thought of Easter. I will hopefully be 2 stone down by Easter and then another stone to go! However at Easter time I don't want to be not having Easter eggs and the normal meal with the family. What do you think I should do?

Tanya xxx

I think you need to wait until its a bit closer and see how you feel. When I started I planned to have a week off in two weeks time from now, but the closer that time gets, the less I want to veer away from this diet, so will be packing shakes and bars to take with me for breaky and lunch instead and plan to have a cd friendly meal in evenings. May have the odd glass of wine though. Just dont want to break this magic spell too much and will go straight back to sole source after. I couldnt have imagined feeling like this 5 weeks ago and was planning a right binge out and p##s up x. Hope this helps.

Hi Tanya

DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Take a look around the forum and you'll see that there are still loads of strugglers and restarters from Christmas, nearly all of whom were absolutely confident that they would only have 1 meal/day/whatever off and get straight back on track. And that's not to mention all of the people who have gone totally AWOL from Minimins since then and have fallen off the wagon totally.

If you want to celebrate Easter because of its religious significance to you then choccy/meals don't have to come into it at all. And if not...well then it's just another occasion of many throughout the year where we could give ourselves an excuse to eat so why make an exception for Easter?

Another thing to bear in mind is that many people find the last stone or so especially hard to lose so why jeapordise your progress so close to goal? There is nothing to stop you arranging a family meal after you have reached target and you can all raise a toast to celebrate the healthy new you. :)

I was wondering the same thing but have decided to not have the day off and stick to ss 100%. I think its too easy to have a day off or just a mouthful and be not able to stop (in my case deffo! lol) so i am staying well clear and not going to even give temptation the chance.

On easter week you could move up to the 810 plan, but steer well clear of the chocolate, it might be yummy, but why sabotaged your weight loss for one weekend..

hmmmm, Easter. What to do...? Now there's a thought! I was thinking a five star break in Dubai, cruise the Caribbean.... but def no choccies for me. It'll only serve to stoke the fire of overeating. I can only comment on how it is for me, but I view this diet as a finite arrangement, and the sooner I get to my goal, then the sooner I can start to have "treats" in moderation. Right now (for me) is not the time, as it will take my focus away, and my control. It won't be your last Easter remember... But it depends what your willpower is like and how well you know yourself (I have only just learned not to kid myself at the age of 33!!)

Just be really careful, and do what you think you can cope with. xx

def no choccies for me. It'll only serve to stoke the fire of overeating. I can only comment on how it is for me, but I view this diet as a finite arrangement, and the sooner I get to my goal, then the sooner I can start to have "treats" in moderation. Right now (for me) is not the time, as it will take my focus away, and my control

Great post lottymoo. I couldn't agree more :D x

For Christmas, one of the girls in work bought me a big chocolate santa, but I was in Belize until the new year, so never had the chance to eat it, and then I started the CD so it just sat there on my desk looking at me.

The funny thing is that even though it kept whispering "eat me" whenever I saw it the actual thought of eating it wasn't very appealing. Last week I gave it to my secretary as her boyfriend has a sweet tooth and I was just glad it didn't go to waste.

If you really want to join in with you family, let them eat the eggs and enjoy watching them enjoying themselves. If you want to join in, then get a CD bar and cut it into small pieces and put them into a small bowl and "treat" yourself to this.

Actually I've tried this when I was watching a movie with the wife, she was eating chocolates and I was tempted to have one, but only because I wanted to "join in" her pleasure, not because I was desparate for a chocolate, so I went into the kitchen, sliced up a bar, put it in a bowl and then sat next to her with my bowl of treats while she had her box of chocolates!

If you really want an Easter Egg and can wait to have it.. do what I do. Every time I want something, I buy it and put it in a "when I reach goal" box. That way I am not denying myself what I want, I am just choosing not to have it at that point in time. It takes willpower I guess not to raid the box but at least it is there for when I am finished. Just a thought!

Thanks Achelois! That's a good one. I think I may try that xx

Back