Advice please... in a quandry!

Goreygirl

Gold Member
Up in Sweden visiting my brother and family..... told my brother when I was booking flights that I was doing meal replacements and he kind of laughed it off and I just said again that i'd be bringing my shakes. Also told him not to worry about getting me some white wine in as i'm not drinking alcohol.

Anyway arrived yesterday evening to find my sister in law had no idea that I was doing the plan and had a dinner all plated up for me as I walked in the door. I felt totally flustered so ate a small portion which she commented on so I told her I was doing CD. She kind of said "so you're having 2 meals of shakes and then dinner?" and I was so flustered I said yes that was the plan while I was visiting.

Now I don't know what to do!! I'm a bit cheesed off at my brother that he seems to have chosen not to hear me about this and I kind of want to stick to my 3 shakes (as I am still only half way through my journey) but don't want to make a big thing of this.... I thought by saying it in advance I could just get on with it but it seems that's not the case :(

It also seems my nephews have been told pizza will be ordered in one night over the weekend as I am here as a special treat!

I'm thinking of broaching it with my sis in law this evening before she cooks but not sure how to back track on the agreement to have dinners now.

Help!

oh dear, I think the best thing would be to just go up a plan, or just eat sensibly and don't do your shakes, maybe go up to 1200 whilst your there, its really hard when people dont respect what you have decided to do I'm feeling for you, I have eaten abit of the last couple of days its been cold and I've been very hungry, I hadn't drunk my water cos of the cold and thats why i have felt more hungry. Anyway don't let it spoil your holiday!!

if you really want to stick to the plan then you just have to tell them , explain that you both got the wrong end of the stick and you wont be eating any dinners but will join them with a shake or bar :) Some people really dont understand these plans and how hard it can be getting back on , so i would just explain this to them and stick my ground :)

This is a difficult one Gg! Like you say I would broach it with your sister in law and see what she says, just explaining how motivated you are and you would like to keep on track whilst you are there. Surely they will respect your decision and see how far you have come? Eating is a big social thing in our family too so I have had to pre warn everyone!

How long are you there for? xx

Thanks guys.

I think I'm getting myself in a total tizz and this has helped "talk me down". It is really important to me to stay on track and do this for me and part of my therapy has been learning to let myself be heard and not suppress my most important needs for fear of upsetting others... so I guess it's time to put that therapy to use!

Also with the "addiction" stuff I am using this for I have to think would an alcoholic or drug user take their "drug" for the week to "fit in"?

Good thinking!! I have never thought of it like that before! Hope everything turns out okay and you have a brill time xx

Darling
Just say to them something like this
"you must have noticed how much weight I have lost? Its been a tough journey and one that works for me. For me to continue successfully loosing weight, I need to continue. Id love to eat some of your meals, you know how much I love youe cooking but for me to get my self esteem and figure back, I have to stay focused. I wonder if you can support me on that?"
either that, GG, or just eat proteins they offer you x

Gg what a position to be in. Not an easy one. I "think' I would do what lovelyle and Kirsty have suggested. I know i would be mortified if I had a guest and put them in a position where they couldn't do their diet.

Hope it all goes well - let us know the outcome and have a great break anyway ;-)

Hope you are ok with what you decide to do. I know how difficult it would be for you to eat.

Gg just wanted to add my pennies worth I think u r right u just need to bite the bullet n tell them. The sooner u do it the sooner u can out it behind u and enjoy the rest if the holiday! I don't envy the situation u r in Hun hope it all works out! Let us know how it goes! Xx

Darling
Just say to them something like this
"you must have noticed how much weight I have lost? Its been a tough journey and one that works for me. For me to continue successfully loosing weight, I need to continue. Id love to eat some of your meals, you know how much I love youe cooking but for me to get my self esteem and figure back, I have to stay focused. I wonder if you can support me on that?"
either that, GG, or just eat proteins they offer you x

Perfect ^^^^ I would have said something like this :)

Hi GG,

I'm sorry you're having to worry about all this when you should be able to just relax and enjoy your trip.

Good advice has been given already so there's not much more I can add, other than to go with what's best for YOU. If you think you'll enjoy the stay more by indulging in treat foods then by all means eat and enjoy. If you're eating to please others then definitely don't - you'll regret it.

Hope you're having a fab time.

xxx

Back