Advice please - slimming world or weight watchers.

Hello everyone, I have just signed up to this site and it really looks fab. Anyway just trying to decide what weight loss programme to follow, slimming world or weight watchers ? I have done both before and have enjoyed them both. Need to start back on a healthy eating programme and have no idea which one to do. I know both plans work but in the past I have failed to get them to work as have not followed them properly. Oh what to do ww or sw. Please advise.

Thank you all for reading xx

Hi

Purely personal choice, I've done both in the past and currently doing sw - this works better for me and my family.

All done to what works best for you. I have done both and they both have their plus points. Personally I stuck with WW because I found it easier to work treats into my daily eating plan. I found the SW syns didn't go very far and I love my treats lol. You will also need to think about meetings and what is close to you, easier for you to get too etc. Best of luck whatever you decide to do.

I always take into action the healthy eating plan that fits into your life style better.. :) and WW always has the thumbs up for me. Good luck x

I've heard pros and cons from both sides of the table, but I agree with Shanny. The best diet is the one that fits in with your lifestyle this way you will stick to it.

Personally i cant afford to join a diet club so I will be going it alone with the healthy eating.

Before you decide you really need to think why you didn't stick to WW & SW. Then look again at both plans & see if they'd fit in with your lifestyle. I'd also take a look at the food diaries on here as they'll help you.

There may have been changes to both plans since you last did them & before you decide you could post questions on both WW & SW.

For me SW works because as a family we all eat the same meals, it fits in with my life & always will, I can still have my wine & chocs on a Saturday night & stay at target:D

Good luck whatever you decide.;)

But does that mean you don't lose weight as quickly as on WW?
No not at all. Last time i did SW i was losing on average 3lbs a week. 7lbs on the first week.

From what i hear, losses are around the same, they just work on different principles.

No not at all. Last time i did SW i was losing on average 3lbs a week. 7lbs on the first week.

From what i hear, losses are around the same, they just work on different principles.

Wow, you were getting good losses.

I was going to swap to SW but worried that with being able to eat unlimited quantities of certain food, it wouldn't be effective. It's nice to hear it works :)

Wow, you were getting good losses.

I was going to swap to SW but worried that with being able to eat unlimited quantities of certain food, it wouldn't be effective. It's nice to hear it works :)
I genuinely like it over all other plans, but each to their own. Youll find one to suit you :)

Slimming world for me...just for the pure fact you can practically eat as much as you want. I lost 18 pounds in 3 months last year...bad mistake to stop going tho as just gained it back,really does keep me disciplined going to group x

littlemissjess91 said:
Everyone is different I've been more focussed & lost more weight without group

I'm the same, groups make me very nervous and put me off.

Back