Advice please

EllieL

Hi everyone, I need to loose 15 stone. Saw my GP today who started me on orlistat. I'm very nervous as I've heard all sorts of poo related horror stories. All advice gratefully received. All I have for guidance is the leaflet in the tablets box.

Thanks in advance

Ellie

well your at the right place.as long as you stick to the 5g rule you shouldnt get any side effects.Most of us write everything down we eat and always check the labels of the food you buy.
drink plenty of water. and dont go over 40/45g fat a day if thats what you have been told by the doc.
good luck with your journey.

It can vary from person to person to be honest. Sometimes within a few hours - sometimes up to 72 hours afterwards.
Try not to worry about the side effects too much though - as long as you're staying below 5g fat per 100g of food, and no more than 15g of fat per meal, you'll be absolutely fine.

Have a look at the thread at the top of the main Xenical page - it explains all about the 5g rule if you're not sure about it.

And finally - welcome and good luck :D

Here's that link by the way: http://www.minimins.com/xenical/98543-xenical-info-new-starters.html

Thanks. I've done a sweep through my kitchen and I'm amazed how much "diet" and low cal stuff is full of fat. Ww cake bar 90kcal and 2.5g fat!!

Hiya EllieL, welcome to the start of your voyage, I found when I started my Xenical voyage, last July, I started a new hobby, reading food labels :) You will not believe the hidden fats in foods, I even have to restrict my eggs, which I love cos of their fat content. Most supermarkets now have an healthy eating option, but do look at the fat content rather than the calorie count, initially. Best tip, Xenical does not know the difference between good n bad fats so look at the total fats not just the unsaturated.

If you have an Aldi's near where you live you will love them as they do so much healthy food including my life savers, wholemeal Pitta Bread and a lovely selection of Cereals.

Back