Advice please

Jenny40

Hi, I have been thinking about going on the Cambridge diet for quite a while now but I would like some reassurance that the diet is completely safe - can anyone help? Jenny

Welcome :)

Yes, The diet IS completely safe :) I have medical issues which means that I need my GPs signature before I can start the diet and she was happy to sign the form for me and told me that it is a great diet IF it is done 100% :)

HTH

x

Yeah my GP was more than happy to sign my forms, very safe and has 25 + years of proven weight losses xxx

one of my close friends is a gp and before I started in 2009 she was against it, however when she saw the positive change in my attitude, great weight loss and no evidence of any suffering she changed her mind!
Give it a try, I wish I'd discovered it sooner than I did, and returned to it quicker than I did, after another failed sw attempt in September(classes too long and I can't do portion control) I have sworn NEVER to go back to a slimmming club, I only went to keep a friend company in Sept, then she only came once!
Come on board,look forward to hearing about your losses.
Mrs T x

i think it's the best diet for me. i find the others too hard.

CD was the best decision I ever made. If you stick to it and embrace and analyse the time you struggle it helps identify why you eat what you do and when you do which is (to me) the most important thing. No point in losing all the weight and not learn why you gained in the first place. It really helps with developing a better attitude to dealing with everything life throws at you - sounds ridiculous buy I find I'm alot better with dealing with situations that are completely unrelated to food (ie problem work colleague) because I now sit there and think what is the solution to the issue instead of turning to food (which does nothing except delay dealing with it and making me feel crap because of my weight issues)

Obviously the brilliant thing is while your adjusting mentally to all this probably without even realising, your weight is falling off you! It's hard but it's worth it and I honestly cannot give you any cons other than minor annoyances (headaches, few tummy grumbles, still tiredness) that would outweigh the pros of CD!

Good luck! And stick with this forum.. It's full of good beans :D

Thank you - that really helped and has got me motivated. I tend to start a diet every single monday and fail by Tuesday and binge eat until I start again the following monday - madness! x

Hi all, if I weigh 12 stone 10lbs, how much weight can I lose in 6 weeks on ss - roughly, is two stone a bit to optimistic? x

Give it a week and accept it'll be tough for a couple of days. If you decide after a week it's not for you then no damage done. What's a week in the great scheme of things?! Hope it goes well for you and just stay strong! If you have. Wobble that's what this forum is here for but don't think of it as a uber strict diet, think of it as a meal plan for a week. Hope that helps hun! X

yes i love this diet. I am restarting to lose a stone or so i gained after losing 3 stone but most of that 1 stone gain was over this crimbo! prior to that i maintained for ages and the longest i have after any diet! it has really helped me realise how many calories my body needs (rather than be in denial). the worst that happened is extreme tiredness/moodiness for odd day at the beginning (this is followed by lots of energy, then when the weight starts dropping off that spurs you on). and i had a bit of hair loss, though it falls out all the time anyway it got a bit worse, no bald patches or anything, and i blame myself for not having all my CD meals when i should have done to get all the nutrients i needed! you wont regret the decision when the weight starts falling off! good luck x

Hi all, if I weigh 12 stone 10lbs, how much weight can I lose in 6 weeks on ss - roughly, is two stone a bit to optimistic? x

Most people seem to lose a stone in a month on this diet, or slightly more, if they follow 100%. I'd say 2 stone in 6 weeks maybe slightly optimistic, but only very slightly. I'd give it 8 or 9 weeks just to avoid disappointment ;)

Hi Jenny40 --

The closer you get to healthy BMI the slower you will lose. You need fewer calories to maintain your weight and move yourself around, etc.
I am 5'4" and have about 2 stone to lose -- I am hoping to average 2 pounds a week (after the first week of bigger losses because of losing the gylcogen and water stores).

I lost 3 pounds week 2 and 2 pounds week 3. So, I have lost 5 pounds in January. I am hoping to do 12 for the month, but it doesnotlook likely. BUT... I know that as long as I stick with it I WILL LOSE. My goal date is March 31... but I am aware that it could take longer.

MM

you also have to watch your weight and your height. you need to be a stone about a bmi of 25 to do ss or ss+ this is 12ft 8in to start ss at 12st 10lb

also it depends on how much weight your body stores as water to what you loose your first week. as you can see by my losses i didn't have much to loose but still i loose quite well when i'm on a roll and 100%.

I am so depressed, going to see CDC this Thursday but weighed myself today and am 13 stone which means I've put on 16 pounds in a month. Does anyone else put this sort of weight on over a matter of weeks, or is it just me being a piggy? x

LOL, yes I can pile on the weight very quickly, never fear. Always have done, sigh. But weight piled on quickly doesn't tend to be all fat - there's usually a lot of water included.

In my experience though, weight that's gone on quickly comes off pretty fast too.

Don't worry. Cambridge will sort you out. :)

Thanks for replies. Glad to know I'm not the only one, can't wait to start cd cos I feel so horrible and bloated, why do I keep doing this to myself over and over again! I can't believe I pile on weight then lose some then pile it on again, just hope I haven't damaged my heart or anything. Worried! x

Hi Jenny.. I once put on 13lb in a seven day hol..it wasn't even all inclusive! But yep I can pile it on at drop of a hat! It amazes my friends!

Thanks for reply, I'm so glad I'm not the only one. It's so obvious when I gain but no one says anything to my face, just behind my back I suppose. This forum is great, such friendly people x

Back